Chapter 29

Nathan's p.o.v:

Nate please tell me you remembered to take Knox out as promised and I wasn't aware when you did Allen said the moment he entered my house and saw me at the living room.

Holy shit, I totally forgot. Why didn't you remind me, I have been too busy with work ever since I recovered and returned to work and you know we even traveled and just got back.

What the fuck will I do now cause knowing Knox, she's probably angry and won't pick if I call her. Yeah you are right, we have been pretty busy and I honestly thought you would have called her or something, I didn't think you will forget Allen said.

After everything she did I wasn't suppose to forget her, I guess I am an ass if I should say so myself. I won't let her know I forgot her, I will make it look like I have been planning a special date.

I will have John deliver a flower and maybe a box of chocolate to her everyday for the rest of the week till I take her out on Saturday.

Today is Tuesday, won't it be too much to send her flowers everyday till weekend Allen asked?

Well I don't think so, I am just trying to make it up to her for the two weeks I have neglected her, I don't think she will find it offensive after all she filled my hospital room with flowers remember?

Yeah you are right, it won't be bad to fill her apartment with flowers too Allen said.

I still don't know what to do for the date though, I need to think of something before weekend. Why don't you take her to one of your restaurants and call it a day Allen suggested.

Nah, that will be too easy and I want her to have fun so that she can forget the weeks of wait. Just buying her dinner won't suffice. Yeah but it's just not any restaurant, it's the best restaurant in town and ordinarily she won't be able to afford a place like that so I think she will like it he said.

You are right but don't worry I will figure it out, I still have time to do so. Are you that Maria is back?

What the fuck, what for?

Well she called me yesterday saying I have not paid her enough and that she deserves more and that if I am not will to pay her then I should prepare to marry her, can you believe the nerves of that girl.

Is she kidding, after everything you have done for that bitch, she still has the guts to come back and make demands. She's crazy and I think she needs help again.

Every passing day, I keep regretting ever getting involved with her and her family. I  should have listened when you warned me about her craziness and now she doesn't want to leave my life.

I think she keeps coming back because she knows you are still single and she feels there is still space for her, that's why I think the best thing to do is to start dating as soon as possible so that she can know she has no right over you and that there is someone else in your life Allen said.

I think you're right and that's why I want things to go well with Knox plus I think she's a good girl and that's the kind of person I want around me.

Do you know that when I went to the hospital for check up,  doctor Mike asked about her and told me how lucky I am to have her as my girlfriend and how she didn't leave my side and how she was so fretful about me. But what I don't know is why he calls her my girlfriend.

I was the one that told him she's your girlfriend cause they didn't want to disclose information about your health to just anybody and she was very worried, so I told them she's your girlfriend so that she can get anything she wants Allen said.

Oh OK, I get it now anyways we need to get going we are running late.

Knox's p.o.v:

Oh my, it seems Nate is a late bloomer although he is blooming fine right now. He is coming in strong,this is like what the fourth flower this week and this even came with a box of chocolate Harley said as she came to my room with a bunch of tulips and a box of chocolates.

This is fancy I said collecting the flower and smelling it just as Harley sat on the bed and opened the box of chocolate and started eating.

Are you happy now Harley asked whilst shoving another piece of chocolate in her mouth yes I am happy, I am just wondering why it took so long. Well there's a possibility he is planning something big she said with a stained teeth.

You might be right I said before picking a piece of chocolate for myself. So when is he taking you out Harley asked. Tomorrow by 5pm he said he will send his chauffeur to pick me up.

And you didn't tell me, don't you know we have to get you ready cause you need to make an impression except you want him to run off in like a month again.

No I don't want him running off, it's just that I really don't want to dress too much.  You're not dressing too much, you're just dressing well enough Harley said.

I am not really in the mood, I don't want to shop or anything like That. Who said anything about shopping, I know you have so dressed in your  closet you haven't worn yet so we can start with that she said as she stood up and went to my closet.

After rummaging for about 15 minutes she finally came out with a dress and I think it's beautiful and simple enough for the date. She also picked out a pair of black high heal shoe and a matching clutch and we were done, all that is left if to wait till tomorrow and make my hair.

Where is Lisa ? She's in my room bathing, you remember she has a date with a client she stated. Yeah you're right we need to help her prepare I said as we left my room and headed for Harley's room.

So how is Steve I asked as we entered he room and sat on her bed while waiting for Lisa to finish from the bathroom. He is fine, he traveled for work. He will be away for like two weeks. That's okay two weeks will be over soon, you guys talk everyday right?

Oh yeah we do,  it's just that it's not the same and I miss him a lot she said with a sigh it's okay he will be back soon I said just as Lisa got out of the bathroom.

Sit her I pointed to the vanity while I brought out the blow dryer and started blow drying her hair while Harley went to the closet to get a cloth for her. I styled her hair into full beach waves and started her makeup and by the time I was done with hair and make up Harley's was ready with her cloth and shoes.

Harley picked out a white jumpsuit and a black LV chain bag and a pair of black high heels.  Have you mastered the brief Lisa I asked as she started wearing her clothes, I am a tad fretful cause this is the first time she's meeting a clients family.

Yeah I am ready don't worry, my name is Mary, I am an accountant and we met at my office when Daniel came for a contract. I know his favorite food and his family along side other pivotal information do don't worry I got this she said happily.

She has been very eager for us to give her something more challenging than the regular dates she has been handling if you can pull it off then you can start picking your clients and we won't have to be giving you small jobs. You can pick whatever you think you can handle.

 I am so glad to hear that she said happily.

Author's Note:

I hope she guys are enjoying my book so far, if there is anything you don't understand or you have any suggestions please let me know. I love to hear from you.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Much love 😘😘