Chapter 18

Knox's p.o.v:

Here I am on Thursday evening preparing for the dinner party I have with Peter later tonight. I decided to go with a simple elegant mermaid slim one shoulder split formal red dress. I let my hair down in waves and applied my make up.

I was looking at myself in the full length mirror to see how I look when Harley came in

I was looking at myself in the full length mirror to see how I look when Harley came in. Honestly I have been seeing her less this days since she started dating Steve but I am glad she's happy.

Wow someone is looking good, I'm sorry I didn't help you prepare... I totally forgot you had work today she said with a sad smile. It's okay, moreover it's no big deal, I can do it myself I said while twirling around for her.

So how is Steve I asked whilst she started smiling sheepishly at the mention of is name. Oh Knox, I  really don't know what to say... He is so amazing she said dreamily. I'm glad you are happy, anyways Peter will soon be here I said as I finished my makeup and put on my shoes.

Have you picked out what to wear to James reunion party I asked whilst sitting on the couch at the living room waiting on Peter. Not yet but don't worry I will figure it out she said just as we heard the bell.

Okay take care sweetie I said as I answered the door and stepped out with Peter who was dressed in a nice suit to where he parked his car.

You got home pretty late yesterday, I bet you enjoyed your evening Harley said the moment I entered her room. Yeah it was fun and by the time I returned you were sleeping plus I was so exhausted I said plopping on her bed.

James is picking me up by 12pm so I have to prepare she said. You are still on time so let me dry and style your hair I said standing on my feet. After drying her hair, I gave it a scattered loose wave in order to give her hair some volume.

Then I did a loud makeup with red lipstick to finish the look. She then slipped into a multicolored one shoulder contemporary jumpsuit. In my opinion, she's looking effortlessly beautiful.

After checking herself multiple times in the mirror and making sure she was looking good, we then moved to the living room to wait for James

Like when exactly did reunion become so competitive? Reunion is mentally to be an avenue to catch up, reunite and regain lost or new contacts and friendship. Rather it has become an avenue for people to show off, bully and intimidate others. It's so crazy what the world is turning into I said while still waiting for James.

You are right Knox, I am pretty sure that's why James is compelled to take me there as his fiancee, his old friends will probably make him feel like he hasn't achieved some basic things, which is crazy by the way Harley said just as the door bell rang.

After Harley left with James, I returned to my room to relax and later in the evening I started going through Nathan's brief.

Along the line I realized how hungry I was. Between sleeping and studying the brief, I haven't really had time for food.

I better go to the kitchen I said to myself as I left my room and went to kitchen... There should be something I can eat here I said while checking the fridge. Just as I brought out the leftover lasagna, Harley came in.

Hey sweetie how was your day, did you have fun I asked as I plopped on the couch. Mehn I don't even want to remember... That wasn't a reunion, it was travesty. It was all about show off and competition about achievements. One of the girls had the audacity to ask me why I wasn't wearing a ring since I am his fiancee. It was so crazy she said with a sigh.

Thank God it's over I said while dishing out a portion for myself. Yeah I am glad it's over and I am going out with Steve tomorrow she said. Oh that's good, I won't be home either, I have that Nathan dinner meeting tomorrow I said just as I finished eating.

Just as I cleared the dishes, the door bell rang. Harley can you please check who's at the door I said while washing the dishes.

You have a package Knox, did you order something she asked whilst I dried my hands and went over to the front door. After collecting the package, I  sat on the armchair and opened it.

It contained a dinner dress and a small ring box with a note that says "As my fiancee, you have to dress and look the part".

Wow that's so pretty, who is it from she asked impatiently. It's from Nathan, for tomorrow I guess but I have clothes.

What are you doing Harley asked. I am calling him I said before he picked after the 4th ring.

Nathan: I'm assuming you got the package seeing as you are calling me.

Me: Yes and I find it rude, I have clothes for God's sake.

Nathan: Of course... Not to toot my own horn but I am a fucking billionaire, so you really have to look the part.

Me: So you are saying my clothes are not fancy enough.

Nathan: Hmm your words not mine. I have to go now, see you tomorrow.

He hung up, can you believe that. I'm so pissed right now, he can be so rude sometimes. I  feel like killing him I said angrily. Take it easy Knox and take a good look at that dress. It's fabulous and you have nothing similar in your closet Harley said with a smile.

Really, are you seriously supporting him I asked with a frown as I picked up the package and went to my room.

Author's Note:

There you go guys! I hope you guys are loving every chapter so far.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and don't forget to vote and comment.

Much love 😘😘