Chapter 26

Knox's p.o.v:

Guess who is here I said excitedly as I stepped into my place, "how I have missed this place" it's so good to be home.

I'm so thrilled you are back Harley said as she hurried over to give me a bone crushing hug. I have missed you so much I said holding her tight.

I have so much gist for you but you have to go in and freshen up then come, before then I would be ready with something for you to eat and after that we will have all the time in the world to catch up she said pushing me towards my room.

She is so damn right, I need a proper bath and a change of clothes. I headed straight to my bathroom without touching anything in my, I feel too filthy and I don't want to contaminate anything.

I spent almost an hour in the bathroom making sure I am very neat and free from hospital smell. Plus the bath feels super good and I also washed my hair and by the time I was done, I believe I am clean enough.

I quickly dried my hair and wore something comfy then I went to the living room to join Harley. She pushed a plate of chicken scampi to me, it's exactly like shrimp scampi but she's allergic to seafood so she made it with chicken.

I have missed home made food I said as I moaned at the heavenly taste of the food, this is really good I complimented.

So tell me, how is everything with you and Steve. Oh my God, Steve is such a darling, he is so perfect. The weekend I spent with him was fantastic, he treated me like a queen. He didn't even let me lift a finger. He didn't even want me to leave.

I was even scared because I thought he was going to change seeing as he has gotten what he wanted that weekend but I was totally wrong, things only got better.  It's so scary how perfect things are but I'm in love and I will just keep enjoying it while it last but I honestly hope it lasts for a long long time.

From everything you have been saying about him, I think he is a nice guy and I am sure he loves you just as much...I'm sure things will remain good for a very long time. You have nothing to worry about because honestly he is very lucky to have you I said with a smile and a light nudge with my elbow as she smiled right at me.

Alright enough about me, how are you and Nate she asked whilst doing a weird activity with her eyebrows all in the name of winking.

Nothing new, he's doing fine and the doctor asked him to come back on Tuesday for check up. He said he wants to take me me out on a date soon, to day thank you and for us to get to know each other better.

Date huh she "tried" winking again, that is what you should have started with she said teasingly.

Anyways inform me when he calls to arrange the date because I want you to look your best to that date so that he won't be able to resist your charms she said nudging my shoulder.

You are a crazy girl but I really missed you and your crazy acts.

We ate our remaining food in silence and watched TV for a while, I was already dozing off before Harley spoke again. Lisa will be coming here directly after her lunch date cause she needs to prepare for the club date she has later tonight and that will be your opportunity to meet her.

Yeah you are right, I have been carried away I forgot to ask about her. Is she coping fine? Yeah so far so good, today is her first day so we have to wait for her to return and also get feedback from the client before we can be sure.

You are right Harley, I hope she will be good with it cause we seriously need helping hands. How are the clothes, did they fit I asked tiredly.

Yeah they were perfect fit, she wore one of them today and it looked good on her. You look tired, you should go inside and get some sleep and I will wake you later when she gets back to prepare for the club which is by 10pm.

Thanks dear, see you later I said whilst waddling to my room.

I woke up earlier than I thought and decided to just lay in bed and relax while I went through my website on my phone. There are some new clients pending for approval. Since I am back and I have nothing to do, I better accept them and get busy I thought as I clicked to see what they want.

There are two clients I think I can accept cause I don't want anything too tedious for now. One is having a business launch party and the other is just a dinner date.

I accepted the both of them and tossed my phone aside. The business launch is on Saturday and the dinner date is on Sunday, so I stood up and started checking my closet for something to wear seeing as is already Friday and I am not about to buy new clothes.

What are you doing Harley asked as she stepped into my room. Searching for what to wear for the two clients I just accepted I said without sparing her a glance.

Going back to work so soon, don't you think you need to rest she asked? I'm going to be bored, don't worry I am fine plus it's nothing serious. It's just a dinner date and a business launch. Okay if you say so, anyways Lisa is here and I have a business dinner tonight, he's picking me up by 6pm. I don't know if I will be back early so you have to help Lisa prepare since you are here and you guys can get to know each other she said.

Oh cool, okay then I will help you prepare I said following Harley outside. Lisa meet Knox, Knox Lisa Harley said as she kept on walking to her bedroom.

Hi Knox, I have heard so much about you Lisa said. So have I and let me tell you, non of what I have heard did justice because you are so beautiful I said with a huge grin. Anyways let's help Harley prepare so we can have time to talk when she's gone I said pulling Lisa along with me to Harley's room.

Preparing Harley was pretty fast and she was ready and looking beautiful as always as her date arrived to pick her up.

Alright since we have the house to ourselves and your date is picking you up by 10pm that means we have more than enough time to catch up I said to Lisa as I settled on the couch and she did the same.

So how was your day, did everything go as planned or was there any difficulties I asked. Yeah everything was quite easy, it was just like going on a first date so it was pretty easy and I seriously like the job and I am so glad you guys involved me she said with a smile.

Oh I am glad you like it, but I must let know you have to be very discreet, you can't discuss the job with anybody. You are not allowed to take pictures while on the job or post, we do not have sex with the clients.

Some of the clients already think we are some type of strumpet, even though all we do is help save their face in the society and within their families and friends especially when they are been pressurized.

We don't kiss except on very rare occasions when you really need to prove that you guys are actually dating. The clients are also aware of our rules so if they violate any of the rules we can sue them.

So do not let anyone pressurize you into something you don't want to do. And if you don't feel comfortable about a client, you can leave and we will refund their money. Most of the time, our clients are usually on their best behavior.

And if a client likes you out the job and you like him too, you are totally free to pursue any relationship with him or her I said with a smile.

I am glad this doesn't involve prostitution cause I can't do that, everything else is good and you can count on me to be very discreet and also as a friend Lisa said with a beautiful smile.

I'm really happy to hear that because here,  I am not your boss but your friend and we will have great time together.

Author's Note:

Please don't forget to vote and comment.
Much love 😘😘