Chapter 19

Knox's p.o.v:

Even though I am so upset with Nathan, here I am on Saturday evening preparing as usual to do what I am been paid for. To be honest sometimes I wish all this date and occasions are real. Especially this arranged fiancee date with Nathan, I wish it was real cause I honestly like the guy even though he behaves like an ass most of the time. I desperately want to impress him maybe he will like me and get to know me outside this job stuff.

Focus Knox you have work to do I said distracting myself from my thoughts. I went into my bathroom and took a quick shower. I dried my hair when I got out of the bathroom and styled it to a beachy wave then I did my make up before bringing out the package to have a proper look at the dress.

I hate to say it but Nathan and Harley are both right, there is no dress in my closet that is remotely close to the class and quality of this dress. Honestly Nathan has a damn good taste cause this dress is elegantly beautiful.

It is an off shoulder mermaid sequin dress with a long slit at the back. It's really beautiful and it shows my curves.

I kind of feel out of place in this dress, it's too expensive to wear

I kind of feel out of place in this dress, it's too expensive to wear. And the diamond engagement ring is too beautiful and I  think it's more than all I have made in this business so far. This whole fiancee thing is fake, he doesn't need to buy a ring this expensive. What if I misplace it, how do I pay back.

After dressing up and making sure I was looking okay, I went to the living room where Harley was

After dressing up and making sure I was looking okay, I went to the living room where Harley was. Oh my God, you are looking hot as fuck, you see what I was saying about you not having anything like this in your closet. Looking at you right now, no one will doubt you been a billionaire fiancee cause you are looking the part plus that rock on your finger seals everything.  I wish this was real, it will suit you perfectly she said excitedly. Yeah me too I said with a little frown.

Don't worry girl, someone really deserving will come for you soon. You're very lovable, caring, sweet, selfless and very cute so don't stress it. Harley said just as the door bell rang.

The moment I opened the door I saw a very handsome and we'll dressed man wearing an Armani suit  standing before me and at that moment I concluded again that there is absolutely nothing in my closet that can meet up to his standard. He looked at me from head to toe and after observing me for a while he finally said are you ready? I was honestly disappointed because for a second there I could have sworn I saw an approving smile flash quickly and I thought he was at least going to compliment me.

Yes I'm ready I said dryly before turning to Harley, see you soon girl I said as I stepped out with Nathan. When we got to where he parked his car, he opened the door for me and I whispered a thanks in turn.

Do you think you're ready for this or are you nervous he asked the moment he started driving. Well a little but nothing to worry about. The rest of the trip went by with us asking each other what we think can come up during which I'm sure he was stealing glances at me and I could tell he wore a little smile or is it a smirk? I'm not really sure.

After a while he stopped at one the "GREYS" restaurant, this one is really big. He came out and opened the  door for me, then gave his key to a valet. We walked hand in hand till one of his staff came to us. Good evening boss,  Mr Maxwell is already in the VIP room waiting she said. Okay where is Allen?  Nathan asked the lady with the name tag grace. He is with Mr Maxwell keeping him company she said as we walked past her.

I put my hand in the crook of his elbow as we made our way to the VIP room. Allen is my best friend and I think you might know him cause he knows you Nathan said just as we got to the entrance of the VIP room.

At the entrance, he stopped, looked at me and asked are you ready and I nodded in return then he tucked a stray hair behind my ears and smiled at me saying it'll be okay, you're a smart lady. That was a rare and needed motivation, he has seriously never looked at me or touched me. I don't know why I feel he was being different but whatever it is I was willing to do my best to make everything work out well. let the games begin I said to him with a smile and with that we stepped in.

Immediately I entered I noticed a familiar face. Harley had a date with him one time, he needed a date for a dinner party he attended like six months ago and Harley went with him. So I'm guessing that's Allen although his name is not familiar maybe that's not the name he gave us. So I smiled broadly and even hugged Allen like I knew him for a long time, you know?  Just how like how you treat your fiance's best friend.

Then Nathan introduced me to Maxwell and I smiled widely as I shook his hand and sat down. When the waiter arrived we started ordering but I let Nathan order for me cause he should know what his fiancee loves to eat. Luckily he did it well and I stylishly flaunt my ring just to make sure Maxwell sees it.

That's a beautiful ring and it looks very classy and expensive my associate sure has good taste. Nathan you're such a lucky man I've heard a lot of good things about your fiancee. Yes indeed I am thank you very much Nathan said while smiling shyly.

Maxwell turned to me when Allen excused himself and and simple questions like when we met and how long we've been together.  We met at a restaurant where I was to have lunch with my best friend and after waiting for her for a while she texted to tell me she couldn't make it so I decided to eat alone before Nate came to me and asked if he could sit with me. And we've been dating for over a year and engaged for 2 months now I said with a grin while Nathan just nodded to my story in agreement.

Wow that's so cute, your fiancee seems very intelligent and beautiful Maxwell said addressing Nate. Yes she is, she's the best thing that has happened to me in recent times Nate said. There was something with the way he said it that made me believe him. And the rest of the meeting went quickly and successfully.

Author's Note:
There you go guys, enjoy. Please don't forget to vote and comment, and please pardon any typos.

Much love 😘😘