Chapter 21

Knox's p.o.v:

What's wrong with you, you have been so dull and withdrawn for the past two weeks, is there a problem Harley asked the moment she stepped into my room.

I'm your best friend, you need to talk to me. I have also noticed that you do more work now than before, you you take up any clients that's available... You are always busy with work, come on girl you know you can talk to me Harley said while studying my face.

I have a confession I said after after minute of silence and Harley nodded for me to continue. I think I am in love with Nate, I have been busying myself with work so that the feelings can maybe go away but nothing has changed even after two weeks. I  even tried to call him but I can't reach him, I feel like maybe something is wrong with him plus I think he doesn't like me and I honestly don't know what I can do to make him like me.

Girl there is nothing wrong with falling in love with him after all he is an eye candy and you don't have to work the feelings away. What you need to do is go look for him and tell him how you feel. Enough of this brooding, you will get up now and take your bath and dress up while I make breakfast then you will go and look for your man she said sternly like it was that easy but I found myself nodding so I guess that's what I will do.

I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom while Harley left for the kitchen. After bathing, I did a little makeup and packed my hair in a messy bun. Then I dressed up in a blue ripped jeans with a brown cardigan and my LV bag.

When I finished dressing, I went to the kitchen to met Harley

When I finished dressing, I went to the kitchen to met Harley. Am I looking OK I asked. Of course, you are absolutely beautiful, here eat this she said with a smile whilst pushing a plate of freshly made pancakes and bacon with maple syrup to me.

You should stop frowning before you give yourself wrinkles she joked and that actually got me to smile.

Don't worry everything will be fine, you are so adorable and lovable, no man can pass off on all this beauty she said with a huge grin.

How are you and Steve, I haven't had time to ask. It's okay, anyways we are doing fine. I'm spending the weekend at his place and today is Friday already, you have to help me pack when you get back she said happily. Of course I will, I have to go now ,see you later I said whilst I stood up and made my way out.

It didn't take me long to arrive at his office and I immediately spot Pamela. Welcome ma'am, it's been a while I saw you here... How is boss doing, hope the accident isn't too serious she asked with a sad smile.

What? Did she just say accident, oh my God. Well as his fiancee, I need to act along I thought before responding.

Yea I have been busy with the whole accident thing, he will be fine soon I said more to myself than her. Is Allen here I asked instead.

Yes ma'am he is in his office, you can go in she said pointing to the direction while I hurried over.

Come in I heard Allen say in response to my knock. Knox what are you doing here, it's been a while he said gesturing to the chair in front of him for me to sit.