Chapter 14

Knox's p.o.v:

I miraculously realized along the way that I have been staring at him too long and I need to say something... Took you long enough I said sarcastically.

I can arrive at any fucking time I please, it's my money and I call the shots here he said with a smirk. Now get dressed and meet me in 20 minutes, we are going for launch he said as he turned around and started walking away.

OK but is there a please somewhere that I missed I asked walking behind him. Maybe in your dreams he said without sparing me a glance.

This is going to be a difficult weekend I thought as I checked the time to see it was 12:10pm. 20 minutes to get ready, what a joke... I  hurriedly went to my room and picked out a neon yellow two piece. I  quickly showered, then I put my hair in a neat ponytail and dressed up... Checking myself in the mirror  I think I am fairly OK for dressing within 20 minutes.

I rushed down the stairs almost tripping and I met him at the living room checking his wristwatch

I rushed down the stairs almost tripping and I met him at the living room checking his wristwatch. You are late, I don't tolerate lateness he said accusingly. Well it's just 12:35pm I said pointing out. Still late, I don't appreciate someone keeping me waiting he said walking out and making me chase after him.

He must be pretty rich cause he just entered a "Bugatti LA Voiture Noire" holy shot. This is a very beautiful car I complimented when I got in. Yeah I know, that's why I fucking bought it... It's an expensive shit he said with an arrogant smirk. You are unbearable I murmured as I looked out the window not paying attention to the road until we came to a stop at the famous "GREY'S".

when we got out of the car, he held my hand as we went inside the restaurant and led me to a VIP section.  I didn't know the restaurant was this sophisticated or that it had a VIP lounge... Now I understand what Harley was saying about the restaurant when she visited, cause from what I can see... The whole restaurant looks like VIP to me and I can't honestly afford anything here.

The interior décor is fantastic, the ornaments look too expensive. After we settled in, a guy came in and asked what we want... Nathan ordered the most expensive wine then asked me to order the meal I want, which I did.

The waiter served us the drink before going back for the food. After a little while, the waiter brought our food and asked if we need  any other thing... Nathan dismissed him since we needed nothing at the moment.

We ate quietly and I used the opportunity to steal glances at Nathan, oh God have mercy. He is handsome as fuck, even with his smirk... I wonder what he will look like with a smile.

I think you should take a fucking picture, it will last longer and you will have something to stare at later when you are alone he said without looking up from his food.

I wasn't looking at you, I was looking at something behind you I lied shamelessly... Can I ask you something  I asked shyly looking back to my food. Go ahead he said without sparing me a glance and it's makes me wonder if I am so ugly and unappealing that he can't stand my sight.

Who are you and why did you make a request on my site for me to be here this weekend cause it is obvious you don't need my help for anything plus you didn't leave any information on my site.

Well I am Nathan Grey, CEO of all the high-end "GREY'S hotels and restaurants"... You might be familiar with the name he said casually. Of course I am but I always imagined the owner to be an old man considering how popular and rich the person is, I never thought you were this young.

I will take that as a compliment he said while staring directly at me which made me very uncomfortable under his scrutinizing gaze. He is such a handsome bloke.

Yeah and it seems you are not he said nonchalantly, anyways John will soon be here with breakfast but you can help yourself with a cup of coffee while we wait he said without looking away from his phone.

After a while, John arrived with our breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, pancakes, berries and other things. This is way too much for just two people but who am I to complain...I served myself and started eating in silence before Nathan asked.

How long have you been into this "Girlfriend for hire" thing he asked. Going on three years now I said. Cool, so it is safe to assume that you are well experienced in  different types of things right he asked. Well I have done a bit of everything so I guess you can say that.

Good, let get down to business then... I'm pursuing this contract and the person has a lame philosophy that he can't go into business with a man that is not married or at least engaged because he can't trust the person.

So what I need is for you to pretend to be my fiancee for a day while I am having dinner meeting with him and I will introduce you to him as my fiancee he said.

Alright, that shouldn't be a problem but I will need some information about you so I can play my role well I said with a smile. OK I will give you all the necessary information and the dinner meeting is next Saturday, so you have about a week to prepare I don't want any mistakes he said.

That's enough time and you don't have to worry about anything, I will do my best I said with my best smile.

Author's Note:

There you go guys, enjoy and please pardon any typos, grammatical errors or omissions.

I will correct them as soon as I can.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Much love 😘😘