Chapter 35

Nathan's p.o.v:

Do you realize that it's been over a month since Knox treated Maria's fuck up and sent her out of my office and Maria has not been back. I think Knox got her real good, I honestly wish I was there to witness everything first hand instead of hearing the gist from you I noted while coming out of my kitchen with food for Allen and I.

Yes you missed big time and I am not surprised she has backed down and decided to stay out of your life after everything Knox said to her that day.

Anyways, are you mentally and emotionally ready for tonight Allen asked. I'm not really sure, I mean I am very happy and hopeful but I am also very nervous. I'm worried about everything going as planned.

Well it's normal for you to be nervous since you have never done anything like this before but don't cause I will be there with you all the way and I am sure everything will go as planned.

I have prepared everything as instructed so I don't see how things can go wrong unless you are not ready he asked observing me.

I'm very much ready and prepared, I can feel that now is the time so I am not backing out, moreover everything is prepared and I won't like to waste your effort so we are doing it tonight I said assuring not just Allen but myself.

With all the struggles you encountered while growing up and slaving away in the kitchen for so long and looking at what that stupid ass Maria bitch put you through, I must say I am glad to see that you have gotten to this stage and I am happy to be a part of it.

You are my brother, you have shown me that many times and without your support I won't be doing this right now or even be in this position. You are a fucking real gee and I am glad I had the privilege to know and associate with you even with how annoying you can be sometimes, I still love you I said as we did our famous handshake across the table before we continued eating.

Can you clear the table while I go and get dressed cause I still need to buy something before I pick Knox up I said while standing up after we finished eating.

Hurry up with your dressing, it's almost 6pm Allen said as he started clearing the dishes while I dashed up the stairs.

I rushed into the bathroom to have a quick shower and when I got out, I brushed my hair and used my body spray and wore my new Armani suit, then I sat on my bed to wear my shoes and I finished the look with my rose gold diamond encrusted Armani wristwatch before dashing out of my room when I heard Allen shouting for me to hurry up.

So how do I look I asked Allen the moment I got down the stairs. You look fabulous and ready so let's go and stop wasting time on how you look, you always look good he said as he picked up his car keys and headed for the door.

Fine I said as I searched for my Pagani Zonda HP barchetta car keys but couldn't find it so I picked up my Bugatti centodieci car keys instead before heading out.

Alright you can go back to the hotel and make sure everything is still in order cause I have one stop before picking Knox up.

I should be back to the hotel in about 45 minutes with Knox so keep me posted if anything comes up I said be heading to my car.

I started driving out after Allen left, following him behind until we got to the junction where we parted ways and I drove to my regular flower store were I usually buy flowers for Knox.

I already ordered the most beautiful bunch of roses, so I won't be wasting my time here since I will just pick it up then head over to Knox's house.

I already called her to get dressed that I was taking her out for dinner so I am sure she's probably ready by now, waiting for me. I picked up the roses quickly and dashed out back to my car and started driving to her house.

I am getting even more nervous the closer I get to her house and it's kind of a weird feeling cause I am usually a confident guy, I am hardly nervous so this feels so strange but it's all good.

Hey baby, how are you doing I said as she got the door for me and kissed. I am fine and you look so fancy she said kissing me again.

Oh yea? I should be the one saying that cause you look absolutely gorgeous and sexy in that dress. Thanks baby, it's all for you she said smiling sheepishly.

"I am such a lucky guy then" I teased. Yes you are, so where are you taking me fancy guy she asked teasingly.

It's a surprise so I can't tell you but I have to stop by the hotel first, I need to show you something and after that we can go. Okay that's fine let's go my mysterious fancy boyfriend but let me put this roses in the vase before we leave.

That's okay I said taking a sit at the armchair as I waited for her to return.

Knox's p.o.v:

Baby why do I need to close my eyes I asked as he asked me to close my eyes in the elevator of his hotel. Because I have a little surprise for you here before we go out so please close your eyes and trust me he said with a convincing smile.

Fine I said as I closed my eye and allowed Nate to lead me out of the elevator and to where I don't know I am happy and eager for the surprise but I am also nervous  because I don't have an inkling of what this is all about but I trust him and I know the surprise would be worth it cause over time I have realized how thoughtful and romantic Nate is and I love him for that.

One more step he said and as I took it,  I was welcomed with a cool breeze like we have gone back outside or something. OK baby open your eyes he said and honestly I am even more nervous now.

I opened my eyes and I realized I was at his hotel rooftop which has the most amazing view of the city, looking around the rooftop I noticed it was beautifully decorated with candle lights and floral bouquet and the rooftop was even more beautiful as the sunset.

This is so beautiful,  what's going on here I said as I turned around to face Nate only to see him kneeling on one knee. Baby what are you doing I asked surprised by everything going on tonight.

" I don't know how it has been possible to live without your support and cheerfulness, without listening to you  sing with that awful voice and watching you dance and goof around when you think no one is watching. I love being ill if I know that you'll be there to take care of me like you did before. You encourage me to get up every morning to do great deeds and to constantly become a better person. You're my muse, motivation and my desirous goal. I want to have a colorful and memorable life with you so that we can make our dreams come through. My heart is beating at a furious pace for a response my love, will you make me the luckiest man on earth and be my wife. Will you marry me?" He asked as he opened the ring box and tears rolled out of my eyes uncontrollably.

You're the one making me the luckiest woman by asking and there's nothing I would rather be than your wife.  Yes I'll marry you Nate I said with my best smile as he slipped the ring in my finger the I headed cheering and lots of clap, it was then I realized we were not alone as I saw my best friend Harley and her boyfriend Steve then Lisa with her boyfriend Melvin and Allen is also here with his date and there's a guy here I don't know taking pictures.

Congratulations girl Harley said giving me a hug and cleaning my face that was stained with tears. Congratulations girlfriend Lisa said as she gave me a hug and so did her boyfriend Melvin and also Steve. Congratulations wifey Allen said as he gave me a hug before going to Nate, before going to Nate and hugging him too as they whispered something.

After talking with my girls for a whilst, I went to Nate to hug him again. This was a nice surprise I said as I kissed him,  I love it and I love you so much kissing and hugging him again.

Hey guys let's all go out to the restaurant to have dinner and celebrate Allen said as he led us down to the VIP room.

Baby are you happy with everything tonight Nate asked after we took our seat. Of course I couldn't be happier,  you are the best part of my life and I am so glad you are in it to stay I said as I kissed him again.

Author's Note:

Guys this is it, the engagement finally happened
What do you think?

Lemme know in the comments
And please don't forget to vote thank you my lovelies
  Your favorite author 😉
Xoxo.