S2: 63 | New Year's Kiss

"I love you."- i <3 u, boy pablo

Chapter Sixty-three
-

FIREWORKS EXPLODED IN the night sky in an array of glittering and heart-jolting explosions. The midnight sky was like a canvas being painted by an explosion of sparkling colors. The colors slowly faded into oblivion, as each one was launched at different time periods, making the sky look like a never-ending neon party.

I stood in the farthest corner of the terrace, leaning against the railing as I stayed away from everybody to enjoy my new year in solace.

The clock hasn't struck twelve yet but here everyone was, already acting as if the new year has come already.

My eyes drifted to everyone at the terrace. They all had different expressions painted on their faces, but similar glimmering eyes that glinted with joy.

Angel, Marie, Jordan, Mason, Will, and the other crew members were hanging out by the snack table. It was nice to see Will hanging with the other members. He was always working on filming all of us that it made me think he never had any time for himself. But I was glad that with the cameras and soft lighting all set in different places at the terrace, he was given some free time to enjoy.

I looked at the boyd who were in a huddle, talking in hushed voices across the terrace. Jack even had a notebook and pen in hand as he jotted down notes from their little meeting. They were seated on monoblock chairs, seemingly engaged in a very interesting topic, eyes darting from side to side ever so often.

I looked away to avoid invading their privacy and found Harry and Ibiza doing couple things at the other side of the terrace. The former tucked stray hair behind the manager's ear and saying sweet nothings that made the latter blush.

I smiled at the sweet sight. It was the simplest things about love that slightly made me crave to experience the feeling. However, with my indecisive mind and overly hyperactive heart, I don't think I would experience such thing in my life anytime soon.

I sighed, looking back at the explosion of colors in the night sky that was being set off by other people that resided in the small town we were in. Alberta, Canada. I had chosen this place for the simple reason that it was away from the city life, the boys could enjoy the simple things, and..

As selfish as it may sound, I also did this so I could give them a proper goodbye.

Before I could wade in my thoughts some more, I felt someone nudge my left shoulder.

"Sup Lotte."

I looked at the boy beside me, and instantly gave him a warm close-eyed smile. His messy tufts of warm brown hair and naturally cherry red cheeks met my vision.

"Hey Zach." I greeted him back and looked at the sky once more.

He leaned against the railings and looked at the sky as well. The bright lights from the fireworks lit up his face.

"So, uh.." He trailed off, all fidgety.

"Hmm?" I hummed, urging him to continue.

"Trina called." He admitted, his cheeks flushing an above-average shade of red at the mention of his girlfriend.

My eyes lit up, "Yeah? What'd she say?"

"She's..." He trailed off, leaving me hanging.

I looked at him expectantly.

"She's getting better!" He giddily revealed, grinning like an idiot.

"Yes! Oh my God!" I squealed, pulling Zach for a hug as we both cheered for our loved one's health.

"And there's something else!" He yelled once he and I separated from the hug.

"What else?!" I excitedly asked as I awaited the other good news.

"She's meeting us in America!" He revealed jumping towards our friends, making everyone who heard us cheer along.

As I forced a smile on my face to keep up with everyone's excitement, a gaping hole was left in my heart.

My back slumped as the thoughts of tomorrow invaded my mind again.

I'm glad that Trina's healthy and she's meeting them in the States tomorrow. However, the words at the back of my mind continuously mocked me along with the mere thought of going home to America.

Before I knew it, everyone was livestreaming on their phones as they virtually watched the jingle ball drop. They all joined in the countdown.

"Three!"

I bit my lip as the thoughts that hurt me so deeply swarmed my head again. I pulled my beige cardigan closer to my body for warmth.

"Two!"

Jack and Zach were ready to launch the fireworks that were set across the terrace.

I sighed, turning away, slowly leaving the excitement of the hour as I made my way down the dark staircase- I was in the middle of the steps already, sulking in complete darkness.

However, warm calloused hands held my elbow, stopping me from completely walking downstairs.

"One!"

The terrace door abruptly slammed shut, and before I knew it, soft, warm lips were pressed against my own. Sparks erupted from the chaste kiss that felt like it lasted forever- I didn't kiss back, however, not knowing how to do so properly.

As the kiss deepened, my unmoving lips were forced to move along the rhythm of my captor. I felt myself completely melting into the kiss, my knees buckling as I went weak. My whole body goes limp, and every concern I had about the events tomorrow had soon faded into oblivion. Warmth encased my fast-beating heart that needily ripped through my chest and desperately wanted to escape its cage.

My eyes were clenched shut because of the abruptness of it all. But when cold air greeted me, my eyes snapped open.

The warmth atop my lips was long gone when I opened my eyes and saw no one there, but an empty space in the dark staircase with only a little bit of light streaming in from the half-opened door.

"Happy New Year!" I heard everyone cheer from the terrace.

The half-opened door made me question if the phenomenon had truthfully just occured- my first kiss. Was it true? Did that just happen?

It felt magical. Like it was just a figment of my imagination- completely untrue. The tingles from the kiss remained on my lips like pixie dust that left me floating in space.

My hand slowly trailed over my lips as the warmth from seconds before clouded my mind.

I looked at the half-opened door with a lingering gaze.

Had it just been a dream?

-

a/n:

i screamed.