S2: 47 | The Preparation for The D-word

"You're gonna wanna be my best friend, baby."— Best Friend, Rex Orange County

Chapter Forty-seven
-

"THEY WERE JUST worried, Lotte." Jordan reassured me as I continuously munched on a shawarma-in-a-pita that he made for me while I was busy sulking in my room for two hours.

After our grand exit, I led him to my room where he let me sulk while he was unpacking his stuff. He'll be sleeping with me until the end of the Canada retreat.

And no, we aren't sharing a bed. He has his own double bed right across of mine— Ibiza made sure of that even though she didn't know that I was having a boy, and not a girl over.

She said something about "Spending over the spending limit of the Management is my ultimate dream" so she got the extra bed.

That woman is crazy, I tell you.

In a good way.

So while I was sulking, and he managed to finish unpacking, Jordan went outside our room to make me a shawarma-in-a-pita. But from what it seems, I feel like he and the guys cleared things out because when he came back from the trip to the kitchen, he had this huge smile on his face that basically said, "I just got myself out of trouble with my charming smile and dashing looks".

"I know." I muttered through a mouthful of shawarma.

Jordan sighed, lying down on his bed while I was sat up on mine.

"Let them think over what you said." He concluded, looking over at me. "They'll come around."

"I doubt that." I shrugged, swallowing my food. "I regret saying all those things earlier, Jordan."

"I was a biscuit." I admitted with a guilty sigh.

"You weren't a bitch." He denied. "You told them your feelings. For the first time since you guys met you've finally admitted your true feelings to them."

He sighed, pulling a pillow close to his chest. "You know what Daniel said to me earlier?"

So I was right.

They talk things over.

"What?" I pulled on a cucumber inside the shawarma and munched on it.

"He said that he really needed to hear that from you." Jordan looked at me.

I swallowed my food. "Oh."

He did?

He needed to hear it from me?

But.. why?

I don't get it.

"Yeah." He pursed his lips as though he was deep in thought and then looked at me again.

"Hey remember the date you promised me?" He asked.

I nodded as I finished off the last bit of the shawarma-in-a-pita. "Yeah,why?"

"Dress nice, we're going out." He grinned.

And with that, he left the room, leaving me with furrowed eyebrows and a gaping mouth.