Light in the Darkness

De kslytherinz

Adelaide Burke is the daughter of the cruel, pureblood Burke Family. She is expected to uphold the ideals and... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101

Chapter 52

189 7 2
De kslytherinz

Adelaide woke up early the day they were heading back to Hogwarts. Her heart slowly sank as she remembered this would be the first time she was going to Hogwarts without her brothers. She glumly got ready, wearing and outfit that matched her mood: a black silk blouse and black skirt with her black shoes. She walked out of her room the same time Draco was making his way downstairs, they both stared at each other for a few moments realizing they were both in head-to-toe black.

"Did you purposefully try to match me Addie?" he teased. She caught up to him pushing him lightly, "I should ask you the same thing."

She and Draco were about to head out the door to King's Cross Station. As they were about to apparate Lucius grabbed her shoulder and hissed, "Remember Adelaide, your task. You have some time, but you need to find a way to get Potter into the Department of Mysteries so he can hand over his prophecy. Owl me updates, you know what spell to use to cover the messages."

She nervously nodded at him and they all apparated to Kings Cross. Lucius still had the same disgusted look he had every year as they were surrounded by a bunch of parents and students. He was happy to send the elves out to buy their books, supplies, and robes for this year, so they didn't have to mingle with the general public, but there was no escaping the platform 9 3/4 rush.

As they walked closer to the train, he disapparated without saying goodbye. Adelaide and Draco both glanced at each other amusingly, it was typical of him to disappear before anyone could see him. He hated interacting with people outside his circle.

Adelaide was slightly surprised when Draco grabbed her hand, but didn't object as they made their way to the back of the train. Now that they were upper year Slytherins, they held a lot more mysticism and power over the younger students who stared up at them either in adoration or fear. Draco also inherited his father's disdainful look as he passed by people. Adelaide found it mildly amusing how terrified people were of Draco, little did they know how gentle and kind he could be.

As him and Adelaide finally reached their seats, Viola ran up to her and gave her a warm hug, "Addie! I've missed you so much!" she looked down at Addie's hand that was just released from Draco's before the hug and she whispered in Adelaide's ear with an overwhelming excitement, "You have a lot to tell me when we get back."

Draco rested his arm on the back of Adelaide's chair as she sat down and began talking to Flint about quidditch. They were excited this year since they've been deprived of a season due to the Triwizard Tournament. Viola leaned across the table as the two boys talked animately about their plans to crush Gryffindor and whispered, "Look at us! I'm dating the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team and you the Seeker." she leaned back with a cocky smirk, "Not surprised though, we are the hottest thing that happened to Hogwarts." Adelaide laughed loudly at this, causing Draco and Marcus to stop talking and look at the girls suspiciously.

She missed Viola terribly over the summer, she managed to owl her several times and while she explained that the newspaper article of them dating was just his father's way of protecting her spot in the Ministry, she did tell her about how close they had gotten over the summer. Viola sent back a howler yelling how she "called it years ago" and "took complete credit for them finally acknowledging their feelings for each other". Thankfully, Adelaide was home alone when she received the loud message.

"Care to share what's so funny love?" Flint grabbed Viola's waist causing her to squirm and laugh even harder.

"I was just telling Addie here how cute our boyfriends were." she squeezed his arm and rested her chin on his shoulder.

Adelaide could feel her face heating up and she didn't look at Draco, afraid of what his reaction was. They did have that moment over the summer where he kissed her and she kissed him back, but that was the only time they kissed. Obviously there was the cuddling, but that was less of romantic purposes and more of comforting because of her nightmares. They did flirt more often and hold hands at times when they sat in the living room reading, but other than that they never really talked about their feelings or where they were in their relationship. Especially because of the Daily Prophet news article about them sort of made it an awkward topic to discuss.

Flint thankfully replied to Viola quickly, "Yeah, well I think I'm definitely better looking than Draco."

Draco scoffed, he too was also slightly panicking from Viola's comment because he wasn't sure what Adelaide had thought about them being together, "You wish Flint."

They continued joking lightly, completely avoiding the huge elephant that was now in the room between Draco and Adelaide, but having a good time overall.

As they neared Hogwarts, Adelaide began to strategize her plan. She didn't know quite how she was going to get Harry to the Department of Mysteries alone and give her the prophecy, but she did know she wanted to isolate Harry as much as possible from his friends, so he would be more vulnerable and easy to manipulate. No one would know if something was wrong with him.

She knew Draco's safety was on the line, she could not afford to hesitate or play nice. Potter was the only thing standing in the way of Draco becoming a Death Eater, she couldn't let it happen.

Of course, her friends and mostly all of Slytherin already despised Harry; if they increased the taunting he'd grow more self-conscious or irritated. After the summer of being constantly mocked at by the Daily Prophet, the people who didn't know Harry thought he was an attention-hungry liar. The next layer she had to break through was the Gryffindors. If he sensed distaste from his fellow Gryffindors, he'd most likely shut down and back away from his closest friends. From there she could devise her plan.

As she walked hand-in-hand with Draco off the train with Crabbe and Goyle behind them, Adelaide whispered into Draco's ear, "Do you mind giving Potter a bit of a tease for me?"

Draco smiled down at her, "I was planning on it anyways." he let go of her hand, looking over his shoulder motioning Crabbe and Goyle to follow behind him.

She watched as he strutted rather attractively towards him, "I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter." he called out. Once he caught up to Harry, he leaned in and boasted with a huge cocky smile, "You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

Harry launched at Draco, but thankfully was held back by Ron before he could hit him. Draco jumped backwards, straightening his jacket and walking away loudly exclaiming, "What did I tell you?Complete nutter!"

Harry yelled back at him, still being held by Ron, "JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME."

People around him on the platform glanced at his sudden outburst with a bit of fear. This was exactly the kind of reaction she was hoping to get out of Harry, if not better.

She walked past Harry, taking Draco's hand and turning around to flash Harry a cruel smirk.

Draco leaned over and whispered into her ear excitedly, "How was that?" he clearly enjoyed that a little too much.

She laughed at the stupid grin on his face, "It was perfect." she planted a soft kiss on his cheek which caused his face to warm.

They walked hand-in-hand into the Castle when suddenly a large quantity of red, thick liquid was dropped on her and Draco from above. It took her a moment to recover from the initial shock, but once she had wiped the liquid from her eyes, she saw it looked and felt like blood. Unfortunately, a bit had leaked into her mouth and to her horror it tasted like blood.

She quickly looked up and saw there was a balcony, but no one was there anymore. Whoever had dropped it on them was long gone, but she gasped as she lowered her gaze to the actual stone of the balcony and in blood it was written,

Pureblood Pigs

Draco was still frantically wiping the blood from his eyes and face when Professor McGonagall came running towards them crying, "Oh my word. What happened?" she looked nervously at the two who looked like they had just gone on a frenzied killing spree. Draco was livid, but McGonagall traced Adelaide's shocked gaze and as she turned around to see the message on the balcony she inhaled sharply. At this point a bunch of people were surrounding them and either laughing or standing in complete, horrified shock.

To Adelaide's further distaste Dumbledore came rushing in followed by a few other professors. He slowly bent down and dipped his finger in the blood, raising it to his lips.

"Pig's blood." he muttered to himself, looking up at the two blood-drenched Slytherins. Draco looked like he was ready to murder someone and Adelaide was trying hard not to gag in disgust as the sticky liquid soaked through her robes.

Adelaide fumbled for her wand and quickly muttered, "Tergeo" that mostly got rid of the blood that was soaking through their clothes. It still left them with blood dripping down their faces and hair.

McGonagall turned to Dumbledore, "Who would do something like this?"

Draco sharply interjected, "I'd start with the mudbloods first." he strutted up to Dumbledore and growled, "My father will hear about this."

He grabbed Adelaide's hand and dragged her through the crowd of people that were now gathered around to see the spectacle.

They quickly made their way to the entrance of the Slytherin Common Room and he growled, "Pureblood" but the door didn't open. He angrily looked down at the stone wall, putting his hand on it to test whether it was open or not. Adelaide, confused, took a step forward and said a little louder, "Pureblood." still nothing had happened.

There was no way the password that had been the same for every single year had changed. The password for Slytherin's Common Room had always been Pureblood since the opening of Hogwarts. They both stood there in confusion and frustration until they heard loud footsteps and they turned to see Flint and Viola running in their direction.

Viola cried out looking at Adelaide and Draco, "We just heard what happened. Are you two alright?" she looked at the two in a flustered horror.

Draco sneered, "If I find out who did this. I swear I'm going to kill them."

Flint also carried a dangerously angered expression, "That makes two of us mate. The message on the balcony, what was that?"

Viola whimpered, "I know, it seemed rather generalized for all pure bloods...what if they go after us too?"

Adelaide stayed quiet, she was incredibly furious and still trying to recover from what had just happened. Not even one day passed without her brothers and she was already attacked. She shuttered at the thought of what Philip would do if he found out.

"We need to clean up before we go to dinner." Adelaide whispered.

The three stopped talking and looked at Adelaide sadly. She was visibly upset about the incident and while this stopped them from talking about it any further, it made their stomachs heat up with rage.

Who would ever attack Adelaide and Draco? She was so sweet and kind and Draco was probably the most feared person in the school since Philip had left two years ago.

Viola walked up to the stone, "Pureblood." she casually stated and still the door didn't open.

"We both tried, it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know why." Draco sneered in disgust, "They probably changed the password because pureblood offends them."

Just then, a Slytherin Prefect walked by, noticing the group standing outside the door. He rolled his eyes, "They changed the password this year. I tried complaining, but Dumbledore wouldn't budge apparently."

He walked up to the wall and called out, "Felix Felicis" the wall finally gave way and opened to the Common Room.

"I'm supposed to make you all go to the Great Hall, but I honestly couldn't care less. Just try to make an appearance so I don't get in trouble." he gave a forced smile and continued walking away towards the Great Hall.

Viola smiled at Adelaide and Draco, "We'll meet you two in the Great Hall then?" they both nodded and walked into the Common room as Flint and Viola left for the Great Hall.

Draco growled, "This has the Weasley Twins all over it. Did you get a glimpse of who it was?" he was angrily pacing back and forth.

Adelaide's heart sank at the thought of them doing this, it simply didn't make sense, "I don't know Draco, they're purebloods too aren't they? Plus their pranks are never cruel...but I don't know for sure I didn't see who it was."

She could tell Draco was trying to take deep breaths to calm himself down. He looked towards her and grabbed both her hands, "Are you ok though?"

She gave him a weak smile, "I think so..it definitely reminds me Perseus and Philip aren't here anymore."

Draco's heart sank. He knew if Philip or Perseus were here this would have never happened. Everyone was terrified of messing with Addie because they knew if her brothers found out they'd be as good as dead.

Now that they weren't here people probably wanted to release all their pent up pitiful anger on her because she was an easy target. He'd be sure that they realize they were sorely mistaken. He would find out who did this and when he did, they'd regret the day they ever stepped foot into this place.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

15.9K 203 21
Hazley Hayes is a princess from the wizarding world. When she was little her parents died in the castle from a deatheater. When she was 5 she was bet...
144K 4.4K 74
Y/n Alwyn, a pure blood witch. Born and raised in the small town of Drinea, muggle life, basic bullies, knows nothing of the wizard world. Well unti...
1.3M 47.1K 53
Discontinued "How does it feel to be the daughter of such an influential celebrity?" "Influential? The man practically only came...
44K 919 68
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...