Broken Devil

By pihuaroraa

Ezron Stone is the definition of a man with a haunting soul and cold heart. Never trusting anyone. Not even h... More

Broken Devil
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14(Unedited)
Chapter 15(Unedited)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21(Unedited)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26(Unedited)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29(Unedited)
Chapter 30(Unedited)
Chapter 31(Unedited)
Chapter 32(Unedited)
Chapter 33(Unedited)
Chapter 34(Unedited)
Chapter 35(Unedited)
Chapter 36 (Unedited)
Chapter 37(Unedited)
Chapter 38(Unedited)
Chapter 39 (Unedited)
Chapter 40(Unedited)
Chapter 41 (Unedited)
Chapter 42( Unedited)
Chapter 43 (Unedited)
Chapter 44 (Unedited)
Chapter 45 ( Unedited)
Chapter 46(Unedited)
Chapter 47 (Unedited)
Chapter 48(Unedited)
Chapter 50(Unedited)
Chapter 51 (Unedited)
Chapter 52(Unedited)
Chapter 53 (Unedited)
Chapter 54 (Unedited)
Chapter 55( Unedited)

Chapter 49 (Unedited)

7.4K 300 63
By pihuaroraa

Ezron.

Flashback:

"Dude why didn't you come to the after party of our soccer match?"

I look up from the counter after billing the last customer.

Removing the cap, I round up the counter signalling at my colleague to wrap up everything.

Glancing back at my bestfriend. I chuckle at his current state. He has the most ridiculous party goggles with feather boa wrapped around his neck and standing in front of me.

"I had a night shift here." Going back to the locker room, I pick out my casual clothe.

"You could have told me. I would have just canceled the party." I change back to my t-shirt before facing him.

"Chill, its fine and anyways those parties bore me. Bunch of assholes drinking and dancing around" he was about to nod before I added "including you."  He removed his ridiculously large goggles and blue electric eyes accusing my way.

"You asino" Quickly flipping his italian ass the bird, I rush out of the door with him hot on my heels.

I get on the bike with him behind me still grumbling the curses. I snicker putting securing the helmet.

"Let's go to our place." I nod and revive the my back to life, pulling in on the now alomost deserted road. Soon I park the bike behind the tree before we walk towards the large stone scattted around the small hill.

"You've got beers?" I question glancing at his hands holding two beers.

"You didn't think I'll celebrate our victory without you right?" I settle my self on the big rock shaking my head towards him.

We drink our beer and look at night sky lightened up just like the city below us. 

"By the way Janice was asking about you."

"Not interested." I say without looking back at him.

"Why don't you want to date anyone?"

"I have had enough just looking at you and your girlfriend." I tease him sipping on my beer leisurely.

"Hey, I love her ok. You'll see what it feels like when you'll fall for the unlucky girl" I raise my eyebrow at him before shrugging.

"Sure." I say sarcastically before looking back at the view.

"Never take a moment of your life granted, its too precious." I nod at him giving out a small smile. His positivity is what helps me overcome the negativity around me.

After a while he stands dusting the pants.
"C'mon let's go or else dad will send his lapdog to search for us." Next moment his phone rang and he shook his head.

"Speak of the devil." He quickly cut the call before texting his dad.

Soon we reached the enormous and one of the huge mansion in Italy. As usual the  lines of men in black shades and uniform nod our way or more like Lucas way while he did the same.

As soon as we enetered Lucas dad, Mr. Rafael Stone, the Italian Mafia boss stood in his cold stance, a cigar hanging out of his lips and amidst the darkness his similar electric blue eyes to Lucas glared our way. Fuck.

He is definitely pissed on Lucas again. He moved towards us while pulling out his cigarette.

"Why did you go without Rick or for that matters any security?" He hissed coldly.

"Signore actual-" Lucas cut me off with his nonchalant answer.

"Why would I take your dogs and ruin my soccer party."

"Don't you fucking know my enemies are out there on hunt and I don't want the life of the Italian Mafia Empire's next heir in danger." His eyes darkened in an itense glare daring him to oppose.

"Are you talking about same empire which is built on nothing but blood and abusing life of innocent people?"

"You will not disrespect me youngman or else" he looked at me before back at Lucas with a cold smile "you know the consequences." I clenched my fist.

Lucas glared at his father before storming up the staircase. I stepped to follow him up but the deep voice of Signore made me halt.

"Ezron." I turn around to face him.

"You have the Stone's surname attach to your name, which means it is also your responsibility to protect Lucas, get that." I nod before moving towards Lucas's room.

His word don't surprise me, because that old man never forgets to remind me that what he has provided me even though on Lucas's insistence.

I open the door and peep inside only to come face to face with a very stressed Lucas sitting on the edge of the bed holding his head.

"You know, you could always get out of this." Sitting beside him, I place his guitar on the floor.

"Yeah and let them kill you." He glared at me but I just shrugged.

"Well I can save myself."

"You know they'll hunt you so that they can blackmail me." A stab of guilt passed through me.

"I am sorry."

"No I should be the one saying that to you. I brought you into this, just because I wanted my best friend close to me." He shook his head.

"You shouldn't have signed that deal with your dad." I say looking down at the floor.

"And I don't regret a moment of it. I've got you as my brother. If father wants me takeover the mafia empire, I will but I'll run this my way." He smirked looking at me and I returned his smirk back.

His cunning ass has already thought way ahead of his father. When he had signed the deal 6 years ago, we were 13 and he was the one who found me. He forced me to stay with him, so he could help me with my education and also give me roof, not to forget the surname too but at what cost? His freedom. The old man made him sign a deal that he will take the training to ascend the throne of the next mafia don. Ofcourse I too had to agree to take one, you cannot survive the mafia without knowing how to protect yourself. So from that day onwards we were trained in all field, from guns to sword. Everything.

I am glad Lucas has a different plans for his empire. He has already decided to ban all the illegal dealing and turn the whole business white. Ofcourse I will help him in this.

"We will do this together." I nod at him confidently before firmly shaking his hand.

"Together."

●●●

"S-sir"

"S-Sir please get up." I stir out of my sleep to look at one of the men standing above me with a distressed face. And that was enough to alert me. I scramble out of the bed, rushing out at the voice of a very familiar voice shouting in distance.

"- how the hell did this happen? How did no one know?" My eyes widened at the sight of a disheveled Lucas standing with his back to me, yelling at everyone. What is happening?

My eyes moved from him to the floor and it bulged out of the socket looking at the lifeless body of his dad. H-how did this happen?

"L-lucas" He immediately turned around with bloodshot eyes filled with rage and sadness.

"Someone poisoned dad's cigars." I gasp at the information and walk near him, looking back at the cold body of Signore Rafael. I can't believe this is happening.

"Seal the borders, double the search and put our best hackers to find who did this. I want every dirt on this." Everyone nodded and scrambled away except Lucas's Alpha team staye with us.

"What are we going to do?" Rick questioned.

"Someone from the inside must have done. We have a fucking mole here, it is not possible for an outsider to do this." I state and Lucas nodded along.

"For now take father in the room, prepare for the funeral and make sure this news does not get out." Lucas ordered and Rick picked up signore as we followed him to the room.

I still can't believe this is happening, only yesterday we were talking with him and today we are looking at his pale face and blue lips. As soo  as all the men.

Lucas's cry resonated through the walls., his shoulder shook with sobs leaving his mouth. I didn't move to stop him, nor did I want to because he needs this. To let out all the grief he has hold on to.

Words from his father yesterday, rang in my ears.

It is your responsibility to protect Lucas.

Yes I won't let Lucas be alone in this. I know whoever did this will be now coming for Lucas, but I'll be damned if I will as much as touch his hair.

I look back to my best friend now quiet as he stared at his shoulder. I mover forward and squeeze his shoulder, giving my condolences in silence.

"I never said how I love you to him. He must have thought I loathed him." He whispered shakily.

"He knew how much you cared for him and loved him. You were always there whenever he fell sick. Never left his sight." Tears flowed down his tears again and I didn't let even my tears stop this time.

Eventhough in his selfish way signore Rafael taught me things only a father would.

We were now standing near the cemetery. Lucas had his arms crossed and didn't speak a word. Suddenly he turned around, walking speedily to his car and I rushed behind him.

"Where are you going?" He stopped and turned towards me.

"I need to be alone for sometime." I open my mouth to oppose but he pleads "Please."

I hug him and pat his back in assurance. As soon he drove his car, I didn't leave anytime to follow his car on my bike. I can't let him go alone without any protection. Eevnthough he ordered his men to not come along, I can't let him go unprotected. Its dangerous. As signore said, the wolves are out for hunt. I keep my bike at a good distance so he does not get any hint of me following him. He parks the car around the same tree we had parked yesterday.

Following him quietly I stand in a distance looking around for any sign of danger before looking back at him. My heart clench at the vulnerability of my bestfriend, he lost his mother in a murder and now his father. I didn't have either of parent to loose  so I don't know the pain of it. Lucas is sitting on the same rock as yesterday. I wish he did not have to face this. I want my goofy bestfriend back. Behind those goodfy smiles hides so many burde-

"You can come out of the tree Ezron." My eyes widened at his voice, as he still didn't look back. I walk towards him and I sit on the same rock as yesterday.

"I knew you'd follow me." Now I felt guilty to not give him a bit of privacy but situation make us do things we don't want to.

"Sorry." He shook his head and stared ahead with an emotionless look.

The city below us was the same as yesterday, the only difference was that it isn't lightened as it is in the night.

After a moment, Lucas broke the silence.
"See the irony Ezron" He chuckled "Yesterday I was here to celebrate and today I am here to mourn" His voice broke at the last one.

"Luca-" A sudden gun shot rang around us and we both immediately turned around pulling out our gun at the intruders, bunch of men in navy blue uniform came out of different directions. We crouch and hid ourselves behind the rock, as series of bullets was shot at our way. How the fuck did they came here? They ought to be of some mafia group. I look at Lucas and I knew we both were on the same page. He nodded at me as I did the same, we turn around and fired shots at the men cominf our way. We quickly made a dash to run behind another smaller rock. I shot the bullet at the fifth guy, 2 more to go. Meanwhile I sent out the alert to the men for back up, if more of them are coming then we will be soon outnumbered. The last 2 targets were hiding the tree, I silently crawled out of the space and immediately ran taking down the one guy opposite to my me. Hiding behind a tree, I looked at my last  target and quickly moved out and infront of him. Before he could pull the trigger, I did it first. Where is Lucas?

"Drop your gun down boy." Alerted, I look back at the source of the voice. My eyes widened in fear at the scenario in fornt of me. The gun shook in my hand. Shit, how the fuck did this happen?

"I say drop the gun down." The man arms were wrapped around Lucas neck and gun pointed at his head. No I won't let a fucker hurt him.

"Leave him." I point the gun at him, moving forward as he moved back at the edge of the hill. NO.

"Do not move." I stop but don't let my gun down because I know if I do, he won't leave the chance to kill Lucas.

"Leave him and I'll not kill you."

"Ezron shoot this fucke- ahh" The bastard tightened his arm around his neck, choking him. The electric blue irises of his eyes turned dark and rimmed with. I'll kill this fucking asshole.

If I pull my shot before he does, Lucas have a chance to run out of his grip. I indicate Lucas through eyes and he blinks his.

I look back at the fucker and tightened my finger around the gun aiming it to the head. A shot resonated as I pulled the trigger but what happened next turned into horror as my eyes snap at Lucas, he struggled to get out of the hold but my feet stood cold as I look at the hole in his forehead. His eyes wide and mouth whispered the last word before falling down the hill.

"Ezron."

"LUCAS"

"LUCAS
"NO"
"Lucas"

"Ez-ron" A soft voice whispered beside me and soft arms wrapped around me.

"Sh.sh"

"I killed him" My body shook
"I killed my best friend."

Yes you are a murderer.

"I killed the person who gave me the chance to live."

"No Ezron, don't say that." Lia's hand tightened around me but I shook my head futiously.

"You will leave me won't you?" I closed my eyes, not being able to take the answer.

Small hands cupped my face.
"I said, I won't leave you." Does she not see the devil in me?

My hands shook in anxiousness and I clench my fist to stop it.

You'll destroy everyone around.
Everyone will get hurt.

"I am bad"
"Fucking bad."

My fingers go to scratch my arms again but hands top me.

"Calm down baby." Mellifluous voice reach my voice calming my inner chaos.

I sleep to the humm of the voice reaching my ears, lulling me to sleep.

●●●

What the fuck is this shining thing disturbing me?

Scrunching my face, I open my eyes and look at the open window, rays of sunshine falling in the room. I look at the time but soon my body goes rigid ad memories from yesterday flood my mind.

She knows everything. Lia knows everything I did, the crime committed by me. Will she hate me?

But I remember she said, she won't leave me. Yesterday was suppose to be perfect and I ruined it. She deserves more than this. More than tolerating my baggage. She desteved the best night and I couldn't give her that. What an asshole, can't even give your woman the happiness she deserves.

But where is she? She must be in the kitchen or reading her book. I'll make it upto her for yesterday. Apologize to her. I didn't knew I would ever feel peace, but after sharing this dark secret with her, my body feels light. I feel my heart beat without feeling it forceful to so. My breaths aren't heavier as if it the most difficult to do so. All because of my sunshine. I am definitely going to make up for the date night I ruined yesterday.

I walk down the stairs only in my pants, as shower is still due. First need to see my wife.

As soon as her face came in line of my vision, my legs moved faster but it halt in place as I saw the person sitting beside her.

What the hell is she doing here?
_________________________________________
Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.

Tada so the secret is finally out....or is it?

This chapter is heavily unedited so please bear with me. Also I want to thank all my readers again to be so patient. You all are so amazing.💕💕

Stay healthy
Stay happy.
-Pihu☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 15 15
Azazel, successful CEO had a shady life cursed by his name . He didn't got to be successful with his love of life as his career succeeds. His name h...
50 62 64
In a realm where ancient gods and mortals coexisted, there lived a powerful and feared deity named Asmodeus, the Devil God. His dark powers were unma...
152K 15.9K 67
Is it easy to break a person? That too beyond repair? How can someone be this much cruel to inflict pain on others? Her bruises constantly remind he...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...