Broken Devil

By pihuaroraa

Ezron Stone is the definition of a man with a haunting soul and cold heart. Never trusting anyone. Not even h... More

Broken Devil
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14(Unedited)
Chapter 15(Unedited)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21(Unedited)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26(Unedited)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29(Unedited)
Chapter 30(Unedited)
Chapter 31(Unedited)
Chapter 32(Unedited)
Chapter 33(Unedited)
Chapter 34(Unedited)
Chapter 35(Unedited)
Chapter 36 (Unedited)
Chapter 37(Unedited)
Chapter 39 (Unedited)
Chapter 40(Unedited)
Chapter 41 (Unedited)
Chapter 42( Unedited)
Chapter 43 (Unedited)
Chapter 44 (Unedited)
Chapter 45 ( Unedited)
Chapter 46(Unedited)
Chapter 47 (Unedited)
Chapter 48(Unedited)
Chapter 49 (Unedited)
Chapter 50(Unedited)
Chapter 51 (Unedited)
Chapter 52(Unedited)
Chapter 53 (Unedited)
Chapter 54 (Unedited)
Chapter 55( Unedited)

Chapter 38(Unedited)

9.7K 420 106
By pihuaroraa

Ezron.

Acting like a fucking puppy.Yes that's what I am doing for the past 1 month.Obeying every order or more like disguised requests.Whether its going grocery shopping or meditation every day,I am doing it all.We have settled in a schedule starting with meditation and a delicious healthy breakfast.She said it will help me manage my temper and relax my mind.Honestly it is some what helpful.I don't feel the agitation to do anything drastic all the time.I don't feel crawling out of my skin.I can't believe I was fucking willing to try this.Live without alcohol,without being angry all the time.Even people around are shocked to see me not shouting all the time in the office.What magic is that woman doing?My thought goes back to how I have grown used to her being around me.She is more playful around me.Talking with me about everything and anything.

Few months ago if someone would have told me that I will be eager to get back to home,I would have fucking punched that person but look at me.Here I am waiting to get done with the work so I could return back home.

Home.

When did it become a home?Before her it was just a place I lived in to sleep,drink and fuck but now it has all changed.I never really had home before,not even when I stayed with Lucas.

When did this happen?Me,a nothing normal person trying to live a normal life.Going home to a fucking sweet wife,living a normal schedule.No drinking till I pass out nor cutting till I don't feel any pain.If anything all I do is think how she smells or how her mouth falls open if I ever crack a joke.I never thought I would take this step towards brightness because wasn't it destined for me to doom in my darkness.

Until that night when she saw me in that vulnerable state but still took care of a weakling like me,cleaned my mess and everything.I didn't wanted to see the pity in her eyes the next morning I wake up,so I did what I am best at.I ran and disappeared to the warehouse and worked on Lucas's case to search that bastard.I wanted to forget about the night and worked without sleeping.If it was not for Mason who forced me to go back to the mansion,I would have avoided to go anytime soon.But then I fell ill and she took care of me again.How much longer will she able to do this?She looked after me everyday and even forced me to take fucking days off.4 days at that.Its not like I have never been ill before,I have but no one was there to take care of me until her.I know she worries about me alot.I don't know why but she does even when I have been nothing but a jerk to her.

There was a different fear in me.For the first time I was fucking scared for someone,for her.She had already seen what a fucked up person I am.I didn't wanted to drag her along in my mess.I suggested a fucking divorce but that stubborn woman refused.I wanted her to leave this life but she has been determined to stay with me from day one.I don't know why would she do that but at that moment something felt familiar.Lucas had done the same,never left me.That night when I asked her to leave,her green orbs became darker as if fire lit up in them and fuck me but now that I think of it,I've never found someone hot when they are angry but her.She even convinced an asshole like me to give the chance even after the warning I gave.She must know what she is going to deal with.Somewhere a small part of me wanted to do this,to be with her.Just to be selfish this time.To take up the chance without thinking.There is something to take up this chance and live while I still can before everything will be taken away from.

The ringing of my phone brought me out of my thoughts.I glanced at the ID and my lips threatened to curve up.

"Hello"The angelic voice spoke from the other side and I recollected my thoughts before answering.

"Yes"

"Are you going to be late tonight?"She asked softly.

"No"I want to come home early as much as possible.

"Why?"I asked curiously.

"Last night you were late and then I felt asleep,so if you are going to be late tonight,I would know to start cooking late or else its going to be cold again and you won't eat the food like yesterday"She is right.I did not because I already had dinner meeting but can you blame me.I was never used to informing someone about my whereabouts or anything and now she is in my life waiting for me to come home.Something warm filled my inside as if I could get used to this.Someone there for me.

"Ezron?"I jump back to reality.

"Yes.Yes I'll be coming early today"I answer back.

"Okay."She hung up and I kept staring at phone.God I should stop acting like an idiot.

Someone knocked and I said a quick come in.

"Sir your last meeting for the day is here"Stacy's head peeked in and I quickly got up from the seat.

Lets get this over,so I could get back to my wife.

Your wife? my brain mocked.

Fuck.

●●●

"Lia"I called out as soon as I entered the house.Where is she?I put the briefcase down and discard my blazer on the sofa.

I sit on the sofa and rest my head
back.
"Yes?"Her voice travelled my ears and I instantly opened my eyes.She was dressed in her sweat pant and loose shirt with an apron tied around her.Her eyes gazing with questions.

Shit why did I call her?

Just to see her beautiful face.My mind chided

Shut the fuck up.

"Is-Is dinner ready?"Wow and now I am stuttering.What a pussy.

"It is almost done"She smiled and stood there as if waiting for me to continue.Her hairs in a messy bun loosely on the side.Need to get out here before I start acting like a creep.I quickly stand up and walk pass her towards the stairs.

Quickly taking a shower,I trudged down towards the dining table which was already ready.She is setting the plates.

"Oh good you are here I was about to call you"She went back in the kitchen whilst I settled myself on the chair.Soon she came out with a bowl before taking her seat at beside me on the left.She joined her hand in a prayer before started our dinner as usual in silence.She did ask me once to pray in one but I refused.What's the use if you don't believe in God,so I didn't and she didn't force me after that.

Soon we were done and I walk out to sit in the sofa near the fire place.I was actually waiting for her.I don't know but I've started to wait for her so we could go together in the bedroom because in those four walls,I don't trust my thoughts to not go back to my addiction but when she in near me or my sight the thoughts fade away,the desire to taste the liquor is replaced by the desire to touch her,hear her mellifluous voice and watch her blush.

As soon her feet sounded near,I scroll through the phone randomly to pretend to be with busy something.I know she is standing beside me but I still don't look up.

"Ezron"Now I do.

"Are you tired?"I shook my head in a no and she smiled.Why?

"Will you accompany me for a walk in the garden?"She still had a smile and twinkle in her eyes.Why does she wants to walk in the garden in night?But again she always requests the most random thing to do and like an idiot I'll do what I always do to not look at her upset frown.I nod my head silently before standing up and taking the back door to go to the garden.She followed behind.

We both walk silently under the night sky close to each other.The back of our palm almost close to each other if I could just slip my fingers through her slender ones.What the fuck are you thinking?

"So how was day?"She asks the same question everyday.

"It was usual"I answered shortly.Fuck I can't form a normal paragraph for a conversation.But I like to listen her.

"Yours?"I ask after few seconds.She looks up at me with her usual smile.

"Oh my day was good.I went out on a lunch with Amanda,she came back from her trip and inspite of me telling her not to bring anything expensive she did.I don't know when she'll understand.I also visited the shop and everything is going good there.The manager has got everything under control.Eva is soon going to college so I think I need to look out for someone."
She said in a deep thought but I didn't miss the saddened look on her face when she was talking about her shop.

Speak up.

"Lia"She stops and turn around looking at me but my words halt on my tongue as I take in her forestlike eyes shining under the moonlight.Trust me I have seen many elegant and gorgeous model in the most expensive piece but they all seem dull to me even when this woman is in nothing but sweats and loose shirts.

Loose shirt that shows her sexy collarbone.My perverted mind chimes in.

Fucking focus.

"You can go back to your shop if you want"The smile on her face widen and she immediately steps closer as I held myself to not step back.

"Really?"Her big eyes glimmers and I nod before she jumps in my arm wounding her arms around me.Her body pressed to mine.She is fucking soft.I wrap my one arm around her back before she hesitantly pulls out.

"But here-"I cut her off to relieve the worried expression.

"All the workers are coming back tomorrow."And her smile returns.I feel my own body relax as her arms still around my neck.

"Thankyou"I should be the one saying that but would I?No.

I guess she realized our position as her cheeks turned into shades of red before she retracted her hand back and nervously tucked her loose hair behind her ears.I clear my throat to hide mine.Why the fuck am I affected?

Before we continue walking she looks up again

"Oh before I forget it,I need to show you something."

"What?"

"You remember the kids right?"I nod"They came by today and as a thankyou gesture everyone has prepared a thankyou card for you."I could see the love in her eyes for them.She loves them.

"Have they settled in well?If they want anything,get it known to Stacy.She'll handle it"She nodded.

We returned back to our bedroom soon after I had my daily smoothie.

"Here it is"She gives me a big handmade card with more three drawing papers.

I glanced at it and a big thankyou is written on the front of the blue card.It is done with a coloring crayon.I open the card and there are alot of flower doodles on the left side and a message witten clumsily on the right.

Dear Mrs.Lia's husband,
We want to thankyou for helping us.We love our new school.Thankyou for getting us new books and bags.We promise to get good grades.Also we want to thankyou for making Miss Lia happy.You both are the best.

Written by
Edward.
Words by
Everyone.

At the bottom there were smileys and signatures of every kids.I never felt so overwhelmed by anything more than this.I felt joy fill my inside and a real smile came up my face at the words.
Little words can make some one feel big emotions.This kids never fail to surprise me.I turn at the drawing,it was a figure of a man with round face, rectangular body and arms drawn in a curve showing as if it has muscles and beside it written Superman.I look at the bottom,it was drawn by Hazel,the girl who sat on my lap in the shop.

"Aren't they amazing?"Lia whispered beside me as she peered through the card.

I nodded looking at her with a small smile.

"They adore you"She said staring into my eyes,her eyes holding respect and happiness for me.

If only life could adore me.
_________________________________________
Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.

I really apologize for updating so late,I was busy with something so couldn't update sooner.

So how did you like the chapter?

Also any suggestions or doubt,you can p.m. me :)

Stay safe
Stay healthy
-Pihu☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
15.1K 1.1K 46
What happens when the person who annoys you is the person who can see you for who you really are? What happens when the one thing that draws you in...
178K 5.9K 25
𝐅𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄 | ❝ sʜᴇ ɪs ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ, sʜᴇ ɪs ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ, ...
732 265 59
Soulmates...that's what they were made to be. A depressed young lady who hurts herself to feel better, despite the fact that her soulmate feels it t...