The Perfect Ruin (OBJxSevyn)

By Knightsdark

Odell a football player had never imagined himself settling down again at least not this early in his life. ... More

1. Intro
2. Fanny packs & Studios
3. Crzy
4. My Love for you
5. Night Club
6. Ex's & Hoes
7. Before I Do
8. Prolly
9. Revolt
10. Game Day
11. Restaurant tales
12. California
13. Missing you
14. It's Official
15. Momma Dukes
16. Who's that?
17. We are A okay
18. Trapsoul
19. Its A Deal
20. Past vs Future
21. Whipped
22. Old Roots
23. White
24. Christmas Eve
25. Christmas
26. New Years Eve
27. New years
28. Pool Party
29. Jan 2nd
30. Jan 2nd P.II
31. Toxic
32. Pre Bowl
33. Pro Bowl
34. Leeds
35. Valentines Days
36. Birthday Night
37. The truth hurts
38. Tit For Tat
39. Sightings
40. Surprise
41. Bronx
42. Rehearsal Pains
43. Present Situation
44. Changes
45. Back in motion
46. Pops
47. Snakes In the Building
48. Coachella Pt 1
49. Coachella PT. 2
50. Try Harder
51. Nike Deal
52. Breakfast Club
53. Home Sweet Home
54. Aunt Gina
55. Communication
56. Consideration
57. Sorrys
58. Fever
59. You Again...
60. Regrets
61. Preseason
62. Checklist
63. St. Lucia
64. Season Finale
65. Surgery
66. Sacrifice
67. Who?
68. Blessing
69. Birthday Mess
70. Too Good
71. Nobu
72. Resurface
73. God is a Woman
74. Build A Bear
75. No Games
76. Prepping
77. Holiday Party
78. Quickie
80. Reveal
81. Maldives
82. Shot clock
83. The Shower
84. Feb 13th
85. Ghosts
86. Trade
87. Ms. Side piece
88. Its time
89. New Beginings
90. Just Being Honest
91. No Guidance
92. The Live
93. Im Done
94. Landed
95. Moving On
96. Shattered
97. Fam Jam
98. Ungodly Hour
99. Uncomfortable
100. Timing
Authors Note
101. Focus
102. Lust
103. New Dates
104. Valentines

79. Merry Christmas

2.6K 109 26
By Knightsdark

I just wanna say real quick that I appreciate you guys to the max and thank you for your prayers it means a lot for real 💛.

Odell

It was that time of year again... Christmas time. My family had slowly but surely trickled in the only people that were actually staying with me were my mom, Jaz, Derek along with my aunt and uncle everyone else was in a hotel not too far by. Since Naya and I were hosting Christmas this time around we made it our mission to make sure everything was set perfect well, her more than me. I didn't really care if something was missing but Naya wanted to make a good impression so she had me going back and forth to make sure we had everything.

The first day my family got here they came over and I introduced them to Naya who I knew was nervous. All in all, I think it went pretty well there weren't any rude comments and no one was being standoffish my mom's side of the family was way too loving to be acting otherwise. I think after Naya realized they were accepting her with open arms that's when she calmed down a bit and opened up. Her family even came over and they hit it off right away, it was hard not to love her dad especially when he was so social and had an overall good energy.

When my dad arrived I could tell she was immediately annoyed and did everything in her power to lessen any convo she had with him. Still, she stayed around Sonny he was clinging to her showing how much he had missed her.

I also saw that when she was talking my dad made no real effort to get into a conversation with her they only really spoke when brought into a convo by someone else or when it was about Sonny and I didn't like that one bit. This is not how I saw the relationship going but I knew Naya and I knew the way she felt wasn't just going to magically disappear all because I felt a way about it.

My dad, on the other hand, I didn't know how he would change, I was still meaning to speak to him I just haven't found the right time or better yet the right words, I didn't want to sound disrespectful when approaching him but every scenario I was coming up with had me being blunt and rude.

Shaking my head to get the thought out of my head I slowly sat up in bed looking to see that the space next to me was empty. Naya was up and gone and I don't know how I didn't feel her get up especially when she makes the most noise doing such a simple task.

Wiping the sleep out my eyes I slowly got up going to the bathroom to freshen up, it felt like everyone in the house was already up I could tell by the faint Christmas music playing downstairs. Looking at the clock in the bathroom, I noticed it was 8:35 am letting me know I had about an hour and a half before family started to arrive.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I finally made my way downstairs the first thing I saw was Khan lying by the kitchen door frame, he always made sure to be by Naya she spoiled him so there was no surprise why he was attached. Next, I saw my mom, Naya and aunt Steph in the kitchen laughing at something that was previously said, Jaz, my uncle and Derek weren't here so I was assuming they weren't up yet.

"Merry Christmas" I greeted the women in the kitchen "Merry Christmas!" They yelled back with smiles plastered on their face. "You're up early" Aunt Steph says surprised that I woke up before the rest "nah this is late actually I'm usually up by 6 to work out and stuff" I corrected letting her know I didn't usually sleep in and if I did somehow sleep in it wouldn't be for long once I realize Naya is out the bed it's like my body just naturally wakes up not too long after.

"Well look at you, when do you start back training and everything?" She started up a conversation "I'm actually already training but with the team, I don't start till May" I answered picking lint off the Santa shirt Naya made me wear to bed.

"Morning babe" I made my way over to her leaning down to get a kiss "morning love" she gave a kiss grinning up at me "you feeling okay?" I asked looking her over to make sure she wasn't pushing herself "Yeah I'm good I woke up feeling great" she shrugged me off not wanting me to press the subject so I left it at that, if something was wrong she would tell me.

"What y'all making?" I looked over to the counter which was filled with food items and spices like Bread, cinnamon, eggs, biscuits, fruits, grits and so much more.

"I'm doing the French toast and some pancakes, ya mom making the banana bread and Cinnabon's and Naya is making us some Jamaican food" My Aunt said excitedly my eyes lightened up the minute I heard Jamaican food and Naya, she had never made any for me so she must be in a good mood to make some now.

"It's nothing much just some ackee and saltfish with fried Dumplings, I had my dad drop off what I needed yesterday" she motioned to the things in front of her.

"Yeah I'm going for that" I was ready to have her food "you never make me Jamaican food" I argued feeling some type that she made it for my family before she made it for me. "You never asked plus I didn't know you really liked Jamaican food" she shrugged

"So if I ask you'll cook it?" I had to make sure she wasn't playing with my emotions "yeah just let me know in advance so I can get what's needed" she was serious and I guess she was right I never did ask I just assumed one day she'd cook whatever but I guess she was being cautious with what I liked.

Within the next 40 minutes  I sat back and sent out messages and replied to the happy holiday ones. During that time my dad and the boys came by Sonny was already happy and hyper from opening a couple of presents before they had gotten here. "You tryna turn em into dreads?" I pulled Kordell's hair getting his attention.

"Nah imma just twist em for right now I don't know if I want to cut it yet or not" he slapped my hand away twirling the strand I had pulled. "Yo mama cool with it?" I knew his mom basically let him do whatever I mean so did my dad but he had his rules.

"Nah she doesn't like it but she gon have to deal with it" he showed he didn't really care what his mom thought "how is she by the way and Armani?" I asked watching Naya from afar typing away on her phone must have been to ask her dad how far he was. The food was almost ready but we were just waiting on her family to arrive.

"They good, Mani tryna be a rapper now and shit" he laughed at the thought of his brother "man Ben too but he ain't too bad" I had to give Ben probs he actually had bars.

"Same with Mani ima send you his SoundCloud link to listen to his song" I nodded agreeing to give it a listen after all it couldn't hurt to support. Armani was Kordells brother and someone who I grew up with while my dad dated their mom if anything he was like a brother to me after all my dad did give him the last name. I didn't see him much though most of the time he was with his mother so the only time I saw him was when my dads part of the family had a get together at my grandma's.

"Aye lemme ask you somethin" he looked around like he was looking out for someone "ya'll mad at pops or sum'n?" his question took me off guard because I didn't quite expect it "why you ask that?" I acted oblivious to the question. He shot me a 'im not dumb' look before shaking his head.

"I know you feel the tension when you around them it's like Naya don't wanna speak to him, Aunt Steph tried to ask me if something was wrong but I really didn't know so I couldn't give her an answer" Aunt Steph was nosey so of course she would have caught it. "Don't be lying either cause I know that's part of the reason we in a hotel and not over here." Kordell wasn't dumb I had to give him that atleast. I stared at the wall ahead thinking of what I should say or if I should even say anything.

"He just said some dumb shit he ain't have no business saying, don't worry bout it though I'm handling it" I say reassuring him that everything would be fine "they'll be good in a couple days once they talk it over" I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince him. Thankfully he didn't push the topic instead he nodded not digging for more a second later Naya passed by heading to the office for God knows what.

"I'm bout to be an uncle that's crazy" He randomly said glancing by Naya who's belly was visible with the top she wore. "I know ain't that crazy I'm excited though can't wait to have a mini-me running around" I spoke grinning over at my woman.

"I hope it comes out looking like Naya cause I don't know if I can look at another version of you" he dissed shaking his head in disgust "man you lying I'm cute as shit" I fanned him off running a hand through my beard.

"Yeah.. aight" he rolled his eyes "watch this" I tapped his shoulder "ayo babe!" I yelled out for Naya within seconds she was in front of us unamused. "What's up" she leaned by the wall waiting "ain't our baby gon be cute when it comes out looking like me" I knew she wasn't gonna like it, she scrunched up her face thinking before she made a comment "I'm giving the baby to your mom if they come out looking like you" she joked but kept a serious face.

"No I'm good!!" I heard my mom yell out from the kitchen "I've dealt with him for 25 years I don't need another mini him" she declined the idea before it came to life.

"It's like that ma!" I was offended I'd already expected her to be on my side "sure is " she kept the same tone which was serious as ever.

It wasn't long before Nayas dad and the rest arrived and soon we were all seated around the dining table eating like we were starving. I wasn't even surprised when there wasn't much food left out of everything they made only some fruits were left and about two pancakes. The minute everyone was done the kids immediately ran over to the tree ready to open some more gifts.

Jazzy got a Purse from Louis Vuitton and a pair of sneakers from Naya and I. This year we decided to just pair our gifts together whether we bought it together or not. We also gave my mom a bag and some heels, Naya even went out of her way to give her an engraved Bracelet with her children's name on it that one I couldn't even take credit for. My dad got shoes and a watch when he thanked us I could see a strained response come out of Naya I mean at least she was trying.

My mom actually ended up getting Naya and I some things for the baby which we appreciated a lot like a car set and this rocking chair for Naya to sit in. We got my aunt and uncle jewelry and they got us decors for the house along with a matching robe set. Nattie received shoes and clothes and their dad Got an envelope which had their store license on it letting him know that he was now a certified owner of a cigar and Vape shop I think that was the dopest thing his daughters could have come together to do they found him a shop and everything to start his business. Nathan was beyond excited I think I even saw a tear slip out his eyes before Heaven wiped it away hugging him.

@OBJ: Merry Christmas from me and minez

At the end of opening all of the presents, we were now focused on getting Dinner started the women went to the Kitchen while the men and the boys went either to the basement to play the game or to sit by the bar down there to drink beer and talk. I, on the other hand, was on a mission there was one more gift that was yet to be given.

"Hey lemme borrow Naya for a second" I popped into the kitchen interrupting their talk "be right back" she told them washing her hands before coming my way "you okay?" She eyed me as I took her hand "yeah I just wanna show you something" I led her to the door that led to the garage "Okay" she was hesitant and nervous I could tell.

"Turn the light on" I instructed knowing what I wanted to show her would be the first thing in her view. As soon as she flipped the light I could see grin come to her face "aww baby when did you do this" she said in awe at the object in front of her "last week I just had it here cause I knew you wouldn't check" I say motioning to the newly built crib. I had to say the feeling of becoming a father had me excited and anxious I wanted everything to be perfect while also wanting them to hurry and get here.

"I love it thank you for doing this baby" she wrapped her arms around me leaning up for a kiss "I can't believe you really did this"  her arms were tight around me as she hugged me. "I love you" she let go to interlock our fingers "love you too Odell this a forever ting" she said the words I loved the most.

"I can't believe we got 14 more weeks to go" she says rubbing her growing stomach "I know can't wait to meet him" I place my hand over hers kissing her forehead. I was a hundred percent sure this baby was a boy I could feel it and even though my mom or the doctor didn't want to confirm I knew I was going to come out right. I should place a bet

"I wanna take you out, go on a quick vacation while you can still travel" I say bringing up something that had been on my mind for a minute "oooh where we going?" her eyes lit up by the idea, I had some places on my checklist I wanted us to go but anywhere she had suggested I wouldn't hesitate to drop my destination and go to hers.

"Antigua, get some relaxation" it was one of the few places everyone went to and said the energy and vibes were amazing "we'll go for a week Mally can stay with his mom while we're gone and then when we come back we can have the gender reveal" I had it all planned out, she needed to relax before the baby got here and I needed to clear my mind. "alright daddy just let me know when to pack a bag" she smiled up at me wrapping her arms around my waist. There were so many places that I wanted to take her but for now, we would have to wait at least until the baby was a couple of months old or when it wasn't my on season. One place I especially wanted to redo was London, I feel like our time there kind of got ruined and left a bad place in her memory. I want us to go back and enjoy the area especially since we're in such a good place

"Bet" that's all needed to hear now I just had to book the trip. "Let's head back in before they start looking" I say placing a hand on her back as I motioned her towards the door that led to inside. When we got back inside I left her with the women as I went to the basement to see what everyone else was doing.

"There he go, son come tell em how I use to run LSU back in the day" my dad motioned me over to the group. "Yo father talking bout he was out here ballin with Shaq" Nathan, Naya's dad didn't believe a word my father was saying.

"Yeah thats my unc" I say justifying my dads words "I'm telling you everybody on that campus knew us, I had Odell with us running around when we had practice why you think he so dedicated to the sports" my dad was bragging at this point but he was spewing out false information he wasn't the only reason I was into sports, after all, my mother was a track star who actually made it to the Olympics before she got pregnant with me. "And Heather was a track star he got the best parts of em both" My uncle added in making sure his sister was acknowledged

I stood by watching the men talk, it wasn't hard to notice that Nathan had taken a liking to my dad, since the two had met at his birthday party months back that's when I noticed that they would probably become close that made me think about Naya and how she felt about my dad it made me wonder if she had mentioned anything to her father. It didn't look like she did after all the two were chatting it up like old time friends this made me want to say something even more, pull my father to the side and have a talk with him but it was Christmas and I knew I couldn't ruin the mood I had to wait.

Naya made it seem like she was over the situation but I knew she wasn't what I did know was that she was for sure serious about keeping him away from her the two barely had a conversation and I know I wasn't the only one around that noticed the awkward tension and forced convos. It made me wonder if he was okay with it all? He couldn't be this oblivious to the fact that she was upset hell even a blind person could see it I mean Kordell and Aunt Steph peeped it so that makes me think everyone else did too. All I knew was that I couldn't let this cause a rift in the family I was going to have to be the one to fix this one way or another before it got worse.

***********

Odell out here thinking he can fix everything again, lets see if he can actually do it this time.

Also, these next couples of chapters I want to introduce ya'll to some people who may or may not spice some things up.🙃🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 6.1K 84
Ari has been single and she don't need no man but once she meets Odell Beckham jr, one of NFL's top football players... will she fall for him or play...
118K 5.1K 43
"she was supposed to be a bet." ira-reice has been waiting for her big break, and now she has it. in the form of managing social media accounts of an...
1.3M 40.6K 84
Alana Cardenas is a young, beautiful, and independent New York native. Her family is very close and consist of her father an three overprotective bro...
270K 9.5K 42
Laikynn just move to Beverly hills California from Memphis TN, her hometown. When she came to her new house, she didn't expect it very big, she thoug...