Hybrid (BOOK 1)

By skylerFrey

Power. Greed. Bitterness. Revenge! Ethan Bridge would do anything to get back at all the people who hurt him... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
CHAPTER 2: An old Acquaintance
Chapter 3: Right Place, Wrong Time
CHAPTER 4: The Organization
Chapter 5: Operation Skyler Part 1
CHAPTER 6: Operation Skyler Part 2
Chapter 7: Unwanted Change
CHAPTER 8: Evil and Discovery
CHAPTER 10: The Creator
Chapter 11: More Discoveries
CHAPTER 12: The Other Side of The Organization
Chapter 13: Tornado Boy
CHAPTER 14: Danger is Everywhere
Chapter 15: The Chosen One
CHAPTER 16: Thee Shalt not Blame Me
Chapter 17: Just Human? Never Again!
CHAPTER 18: She is Not a Threat
Chapter 19: Unwanted Betrayal
CHAPTER 20: Acceptance or Denial?
Chapter 21: The Simulation and The Chair
CHAPTER 22: Mind Trip to the Past
Chapter 23: Ryan, Emily and Troy
CHAPTER 24: One Mission: Train Skyler
Chapter 25: Old School Training
CHAPTER 26: All She Needed Was Music
Chapter 27: Inside the Simulation Part 1
CHAPTER 28: Inside the Simulation Part 2
Chapter 29: Evil Plans Start To Unfold
CHAPTER 30: Truth And Humility
Chapter 31: The Suit
CHAPTER 32: The Start Of His Revenge
Chapter 33: CHAOS Part 1
CHAPTER 34: CHAOS Part 2
Chapter 35: CHAOS Part 3
CHAPTER 36: Giver of Gifts, Take of Lives
Chapter 37: HYBRID
CHAPTER 38: The Mole
Chapter 39: Ethan Bridge AKA The Creator
CHAPTER 40: Secrecy and Sabotage
Chapter 41: Warriors are meant to Fight!
CHAPTER 42: The Battlefield
Chapter 43: Betrayal!
CHAPTER 44: Mole Revealed?
Chapter45: Isolation Amongst Other Things
CHAPTER 46: An Offer of Survival
Chapter 47: The Real Mole Revealed?
CHAPTER 48: Innocent until Proven Guilty
Chapter 49: Revelation!
CHAPTER 50: Shiloh Ortega
Chapter 51: The City Down Under
CHAPTER 52: Chelsea, Natalya and Leonard
Chapter 53: Initiation
CHAPTER 54: Slavery or Die!
Chapter 55: Final Battle
CHAPTER 56: Operation Vanish

Chapter 9: The Meltdown

76 28 102
By skylerFrey

Shiloh, Ben and Chelsea were already there as well as several other agents. Skyler roughly calculated the number of agents in the room to about fifty. There were many seats to spare so Skyler sat down on the nearest chair. The room reminded her of her college days in a way, the only difference was that the chairs were made out of leather and there was a huge metal like table in the middle of all the chairs. She breathed in slowly and exhaled even slower so that she could release some of the stress that she was feeling.

"Okay people," the General started off as she entered the room. "Let's get down to business. For those of you who don't know her, this is Skyler Ortega, the newest member of our team. You will know more about her later. So talk to me people, what have you found out?" Skyler looked around her; everybody had tablets and other gadgets. Everything was very well organized.

"We know that mostly all the dancers were abducted. What we don't know is how, the agents on the field didn't give much information," one agent said.

"Chelsea?" the General asked. Chelsea cleared her throat before speaking.

"After the explosion, we tried to scan the area to see if there was any invisible energy that could cause harm to the public while Ben and Shiloh tried to help Skyler. However, we found nothing, no traces of radiation, nothing harmful to the environment..."

"So what I'm hearing is, we got nothing," General Williams said in an irritated tone. "There were twenty dance crews present at that show, each crew had a minimum of fifteen people others had a maximum of twenty five. Now if you do the math, that makes enough people to create an army! So how did they disappear without anybody noticing?" Complete silence reigned in the room, no one had an answer for General Williams.

"Oh so none of you have anything to say? When we received the tip that something was going to happen at the park, we took all precautions necessary. Our invisible drones were monitoring the park, the mind wipers were ready AND I sent my best agents to handle everything undercover. So we were ready, so how come none of you can show me footage of what happened after the explosion?"

"The only footage we have is the one where Skyler intervened and got blasted away. Somehow we don't have any more footage that shows the events that happened after the blast," an agent replied.

"So what I'm hearing is that there was some sort of malfunction," Chelsea analyzed.

"That's what we thought but after we scanned the drones for any potential malfunctions or errors, we found nothing," the same agent said.

"Well that's sounds awfully convenient and not suspicious at all," Ben remarked.

"Well I blame Skyler," Chelsea declared, "if she hadn't done what she did, maybe just maybe things would've been different."

"Chelsea, you can't just blame Skyler for everything," Melanie said in Skyler's defense.

"As a matter of fact I can..."

"Yeah just blame me for everything Chelsea!" Skyler burst out.

"Keep quiet Skyler," Shiloh warned.

"No Shiloh let her continue, you were saying Skyler?" Chelsea taunted.

"You people keep telling me that your mission changed because of me, because of what I did! But you aren't answering the more important questions!  Why didn't you warn anyone? Why didn't you have the show cancelled? If your agents were there, it meant that you knew something would go down, but instead of warning people, you just let them go to the show. Where is your steaming hot platter of justice huh?"

Heavy silence filled the room, no one had ever spoken out like that before. Everybody's gaze drifted from Skyler to the General. The silence that filled the room enraged Skyler and she started to feel the same surge she had felt earlier but this time the surge was more powerful. It made her feel like hurting everyone around her, she was suddenly controlled with a wave of interior emotions and it took her to a dark place. Her eyes began to slowly change color, they turned from light brown to stormy blue, but the rage that they let out was felt by everyone in the room, even Shiloh began to feel uneasy.

"General, do something, this isn't gonna end well," Melanie whispered. However, General Williams wanted to see what Skyler was capable of even though she was as uneasy as everybody else in the room. Just then Skyler turned her attention to the General.

"YOU! You ruined my life! You took everything away from me and now I am gonna show you what I'm capable of!"

The other agents immediately took out their weapons in order to protect the General but strangely enough, Skyler felt no fear at all, she just looked at everyone with a scornful smile. Shiloh on the other hand had no idea what to do, she didn't want anyone to hurt her sister but her duty was to protect her boss.

"Don't worry Shiloh, I know who you will choose," Skyler told her as she placed her hands on the table. Before Shiloh could react to the fact that Skyler knew what she was thinking, she saw the table that Skyler placed her hands on start to melt. All the agents gasped in astonishment as they saw the table slowly melting. One agent could not contain himself and shot at Skyler, but he missed wildly.

"Hey! No one shoots at my sister!" Shiloh shouted angrily as she ran up to him and punched him. With that other agents tried to hit Shiloh, so Ben and Chelsea rushed to her aid and within seconds there was complete and utter chaos in the meeting room and Skyler took advantage of the chaos to approach the General dangerously.

"You need to get out of here, Skyler looks extremely dangerous right now," Melanie told the General in an urgent voice.

Shiloh noticed that her sister was going to hurt the General and rushed to stop her. She got in between the both of them just in time.

"Skyler please stop. You don't wanna do this. Get a hold of yourself. Please!"

Skyler refused to listen to her sister and shoved her out of the way with her shoulders; she didn't even notice that Shiloh fell down hard. The General and Melanie were the only ones standing toe to toe with Skyler even though they both were paralyzed with fear.

"If my hands can turn into anything that they touch and I can melt anything I touch without burning myself... I wonder what I can do to a human," Skyler said slowly and almost evilly as she eyed General Williams. Melanie knew that she had to do something so she bravely stood in front of her boss.

"Skyler calm down. Look around you; no one is going to let you hurt the General. Get a grip of yourself now," Melanie told Skyler.

Skyler turned around and saw that all the agents had stopped fighting amongst themselves and all their weapons were pointed on her. As she continued to look around she noticed that her sister was still on the floor and upon seeing that Shiloh seemed hurt a small wave of remorse took over Skyler and she slowly calmed down. After a few seconds Skyler's eyes turned back to they're normal color and she seemed to be back to herself. Chelsea approached Skyler from behind, but Skyler somehow felt that someone was approaching and she twirled around with her fists clenched.

"Skyler, don't do anything hasty," Melanie urged, "we are all on edge right now." Skyler listened to Melanie, but she did not budge, as she continued to exchange intimidating glances with Chelsea.

"General, it's obvious that Skyler needs to be contained," Chelsea said as she continued to scowl at Skyler. "She is a threat to you and to all of us here!" The other agents in the room murmured in agreement. Luckily for Skyler Melanie was there to defend her.

"As I said earlier on Chelsea, we shouldn't be hasty and there is no need for Skyler to be placed in containment. Our job is to face the unknown not be afraid of it." Silence filled the room once more as everyone waited for General Williams to make a decision.

"Take her to her quarters," General Williams ordered.

"But..." Chelsea started to say in protest.

"I gave you an order so follow it. As for the rest of you back to work. Skyler is not a threat; and if any of you try to hurt her, you will be accountable to me and it won't end well for you." Skyler was shocked that General Williams had decided to side with her, but she decided to go with the flow. She hadn't behaved in the right manner and she knew that she had to be grateful for the General's leniency. She glanced at her sister one more time before allowing herself to be taken back to her quarters. After everything went back to normal, General Williams turned her attention to Melanie.

"You need to run some more tests on Skyler's blood samples. Has Chris been able to do a DNA separation yet?"

"It should be ready soon," Melanie replied.

"Good because after what just happened, we need to know what Skyler has in her system so that we can help her control it. Take Shiloh to the med bay, she needs medical attention."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mother Earth. By (?)

General Fiction

129 12 18
"I want to create a better world where no one hurts each other; to foster a place where love doesn't have to make hate, where no one hurts or kills a...
321 40 16
2nd Place in The Dragon Fire Awards 3rd Place in Science Fiction in the Tricolour Terrenial Awards. " No one was truly your own in this world. Everyo...
172K 6.7K 29
I was a stupid... thinking he loves me... never he did and never he will do it... i thought his friendship, his care, his talks as love... i was stup...
269K 8.2K 42
****Book II**** Highest Rank: #104 "I don't know what's real anymore." "Me. I'm real." He said, placing my hand on his heart. "And us, this relation...