Better together (a clace fan...

Door little_squirrel_234

Jace mysteriously is found dead at the entrance to the institute. Clary is so upset. What happens when he mys... Meer

Characters
This cant be happening
Feeling better
First day back to school
The institute
Grant
The day it happened
The greenhouse
Takis
School
The fashion show
A big suprise
The calls
A very busy day
Payback
The trip
Telling everyone
Girls night
A day with jace
Leaving for Italy
Italy
Prank wars
The next day
Dreams and Promises
Moving day
The note
Feeling sick
I hate the flu
Where am I?
I need you
The rescue
Recovery
What do I do?
a new friend
Some huge news and of course
Dress shopping
The beach
A day at the beach
Clary's day
A wedding problem
The wedding
The honeymoon
Herondale manor
Back to New York
He wants me back?
The castle
Coronation day
The missing cup and sword
The faerie court
Telling some big news
Questions
The letters
Whats it gonna be?
Shadowhunter academy
Picking out the nursery
How?
Please jem?
Who did this?
2 days
Running out of time
I'm coming Clary
A sleeping clary
Waking up
Going Back to New York
A disney marathon!
She's coming
The bet
A surprise
New and old aquaintances
The truth comes out
A werewolf problem
Poor Wolves
A wolf prison
The auction
A plan
A visitor
The interview and photo shoot
The Jace Journal
Going back to the castle
In the begining
Go home!
Ignored
Logans birthday
Ascension Day
Jerk
Looking for clary
Lightwood family dinner
Sneak peak
Protect her
Vacation
Graces announcement party
Grace leaves
It hurts
Parabatai
The dinner
The horse show
News from mom
The questioning
Camping
California
Queen for a day
The beach
Donuts and birthday presents
Tags
Sorry guys
Alices birthday
Aniversary
Going home
Isabelle and Simons wedding
Sorry guys
Siblings
King for a day
Jace gets sick
Jaces Birthday
A declaration
I need an answer
Telling the family
a few days before the wedding
Jonathan and alices wedding
Good news and bad news
Lucy
Baby
Mom
Coming home
Bad news
Grace
Grace meets family
MAGNUS!
Bad news
Graces return party
Neice or nephew?
Los angeles
Seeing family again
Meeting with Aubrey
Meeting with the king and queen
Pack
Midnight
Dont hate me please
Parents
What to do?
Shoping with ash
Work
Introductions
Night
Family
London
Gender reveal
Christmas eve
Christmas
Jaces turn
Meeting with a verlac
1,2...345
Missing
Party
Doctors visits and shopping trips
The day before
Home again
Disneyland
A break in
Hawaii pt. 1
Hawaii part 2
Alice leaves

Meetings

141 7 11
Door little_squirrel_234

"Good morning beautiful" jace says. I smile up at him. "Good morning" I say. I reach up for him to pick me up. I'm too lazy to stand up.

Jace sighs. He slides his hand under my back and the other one under my knees. He picks me up and carries me to the closet. He sets me down on one of the benches that I have on my floor. "Can you dress yourself today" he asks. I put on my thinking face and shake my head no. He sighs again. He looks through my clothes and finds something for me to wear. When he comes back I lift my arms up. I sleep with a sports bra on sometimes and sometimes includes last night. He slips my pajama shirt up and puts my new one on. I put my pants on and a pair of boots.

"Can I go get dressed now" he asks. "Yeah" I say. "You are so lazy" he says as he goes up the stairs. "Thank you, I try" I say. He changes into some clothes and we go down to breakfast with Jonathan and Alice. we have been back home for a month and a half now and it's been normal for the most part.

"I think your horse is supposed to get here today Alice" I tell her. "He's coming" she asks. She looks excited. "Mhm. He should be here by noon" I tell her. "What are you going to name him" jace asks. "I don't know yet. I was thinking about naming him shadow. Maybe not though" she says. "Whatever you decide" I say.

"I've been thinking about going to see kit" jace says. "I think that's a good idea. You haven't seen him in a while" I say. "Who's kit" Jonathan asks. "You've heard the story of Tobias Herondale right" I ask. "Yeah of course I do. Everyone does" he says. "Kit is his descendant. He's the lost Herondale" I say. "I always thought that was a myth but I guess not" Jonathan says. "Nope, kits real. His real names Christopher but everyone calls him Kit. It was actually Tessa and Jem who figured out he was the lost Herondale" jace says. "Really" Alice asks. "Yeah, I guess they were already in California and were looking into it and figured it out" jace says.

"Who's Tobias Herondale" Alice asks. "I'll tell you the story later" Jonathan says. "He was a coward and a traitor" jace says. "That pretty much sums up the story" I say. "But if you really want to know, I can tell you" says Jonathan. "Hm" Alice hums. "Go see kit, it might be good for the both of you. I'd love to see Emma again, but someone has to watch the castle and everything while you are gone" I say.

"Is emmas parabatai Julian blackthorn" Jonathan asks. "Yeah, why" I ask. "They might kill me if they seen me" he says. "Why" Alice asks. "I turned Julian blackthorns father with the infernal cup and he had to kill him. Emma always thought Sebastian killed her parents. I didn't but she may still believe that" he tells her. "Then who did kill her parents" Alice asks. "No idea, but it wasn't me" he says.

"What do we have for today Alice" jace asks. "Tessa Gray is coming at 10:30 to talk to Clary. Zara Dearborn requested to meet with you two today at 1:30. Then the seelie Queen is coming at 4:00" Alice tells us. "So it's gonna be a boring day" jace says. "Pretty much" Alice says.

After breakfast jace and I go into the office and work on papers for whatever we have. Alice comes in and delivers the reports from the institutes. "When Tessa gets here can you have her brought to the drawing room and let me know when" I say. "Okay" she says and leaves the office.

"Why is Tessa coming" jace asks. "I've been thinking about it a lot recently. I want to start a design business with her. I want to start a clothing line. She would manage the mundane portion of it. I miss doing it for work" I say. "Okay well, good luck. I think you have the potential to be a good competitor to some big clothing brands. I think you can make it that big" jace says. "I hope so. I hope she agrees to do it with me" I say. "I think she will" he says.

We work on papers and things that need to be done before there is a knock on the door. "Come in" jace says. Oliver comes in the room. "Mrs. Tessa gray is here" he lets me know. "Okay thank you. I will be there in a minute" I say. He nods and leaves. "Lets hope she agrees" I say and leave the office.

I go straight to the drawing room where I see Tessa in here. "Hey" I say and give her a hug. We both sit down. "What did you want to walk to me about" she asks. "I want to start a business with you. In the mundane world" I say. "Why" she asks. "I miss designing for work" I say. That's the main reason I want to do this. "I guess we could. How would we do this though" she asks. "I do all the designing. We hire someone to make them and you manage the mundane portion of it. It would be hard for me to manage that part from over here" I say. "I can do that. I think this idea can work. I can see how it will be hard for you to manage it from here so I can do that part. When do you want to start everything" she asks. "See if you can find a place for the business and a person to sew everything. Then we can figure out when to start" I say. "Okay. I can't wait to start. You are an amazing designer. I think this can work" she says. "I think so too. If you need me to come to New York so we pick out a place and hold interviews I can, just let me know. I'd love to help in any way I can with the mundane part of you need it" I tell her. "I'll let you know if I do" she says.

"How is everything back home" I ask. "Everything is good. Logan hates going to school, even for half a day. James doesn't understand why we have to send him to school, but we need to" she tells me. "I wish it was always half a day. It only gets harder after pre-k 3. He's got all the easy and fun stuff" I say. "Yeah he does" she says.

"How about mom and Luke and Maryse" I ask. "Everyone is fine back home. Luke has been busy with the pack and the store" she tells me. "That's good. I guess you can tell Maryse we found a new head of the institute for her. She was hoping to retire from there and probably move to Idris" I tell her. "I'll pass the message on" she says.

"I know you might not want to talk about babies because of Grace being gone, but I want another one. James and I are actually fighting about this. I want one and he isn't sure if he wants one" she says. "What should I do" she asks. "I don't know Tessa. I know Jem loves you more than anything, he always has. I know jace wants another kid too, but I told him I wasn't ready yet since I had a baby less than a year ago. He understands and told me he was willing to wait" I tell her. "Well James has told me he doesn't want one. The first time I suggested this was in late December, he was alright with having another kid, he even said when Logan was three we couldn't try for another one. Now he doesn't want one" she says. "I'm sorry Tessa. I really am. Maybe one day he will agree with you and give Logan a little sibling and you another child. You are the only person I know of that he loves. If he has loved you since 1878. Just give him time. He will come through" I tell her. "What do you do to get Jaces attention" she asks. "I don't know if it would get Jem's attention but you can try. I sleep in another room. He doesn't like it. He will do whatever it takes for me to come back to our room" I say. "I don't know if it will work but I can try" she says. "Okay, hopefully it works" I say. "I hope" she says. "Another thing you can do is take a trip. Just the two of you. I can take care of Logan and you two go somewhere just you for a couple of days. It will bring you closer together. Jace and I did that and it helped. Jonathan watched over and took care of Grace while we were gone. We were much closer during the trip" I say. "I like that idea" she says.

"Well I better get back home. I need to relieve your mom of Logan duty" she says. "Where is Jem" I ask. "He went to California to see Emma. I think it's good for each other to have another living relative to go to" she says. "Yeah. This morning Jace actually mentioned going to see kit" I tell her. "I haven't heard from him so I guess he's doing okay" she says. "Yeah, I think jace has been good for kit. I know before he moved to the institute he didn't want anything to do with shadowhunters and never thought he could he one. Ever since he met jace he has at least started trying to become a shadowhunter like he is" I say.

"Yeah. Well I will see you later Clary" she says. I get up and hug her. "Just let me know about the business" I say. "I will" she says. I walk her out and go to lunch.

"How did it go" jace asks. "Fine. She said she will handle the mundane part since I can but we can make this work" I say. "What are you talking about" Jonathan asks looking confused. "I asked Tessa today if we could start a business together. One in the mundane world. I've been missing designing for work" I explain. "Oh, so you're going to do it" he asks. "Yeah" I say.

"Are you going with Alice after lunch to go see her new horse" I ask. "I don't know I guess" he says.

We talk during lunch.

"I actually want to wear a dress today" I tell jace as we walk through the hallway. "Well I'm not getting dressed up, go ahead" he says. I go to my dress room. I look through the dresses and fins a pretty black dress. I take it off the rack and go change into it.

I walk out of the changing room and see Olivia comes in holding a bag. "It's done. I finished the wedding dress you asked me to make" she says. "Yay, can I see" I ask. She hangs it up and shows me the beautiful golden dress. "Oh it's beautiful. I will let Isabelle know it's ready and hopefully she can come and we can try it on her and do any alterations that's needed" I tell her. "Okay, would you like me to leave it in here until then" she asks. "Yes please" I say. "Okay" she says. "Thanks Olivia. I will see you later" I say.

I meet jace in the throne room. I take my seat next to him. "You look beautiful" he says. "Thank you" I say. "Izzys dress is ready" I tell him. "Her wedding dress" he asks. "Mhm" I hum. Charlotte brings us our crowns. We put them on and she leaves. It's my original one. We wait for Zara Dearborn. She gets here right at 1:30.

"Thank you for seeing me" she says and curtsies. We nod at her. "What is it you wanted to talk to us about" jace asks. "I wanted to speak to you about the downworlders. They are dangerous and inhuman. I have come up with a way to keep track of them at all times. They need to be registered in order to do this. Starting with the warlocks since they are the most dangerous, then to the werewolves then the vampires. They are a danger to us all" she says. "Why didn't you come to the clave about this" I ask. "They won't listen to me. I figured you two of all people would listen due to the problem with the faeries and your daughter" she says. "The faeries aren't the same as other downworlders" jace says. "If there weren't downworlders in my life I wouldn't be who I am today. My mom married a werewolf. My best friend was a vampire and we are both close to a warlock" I say. "That marriage should never have happened. All downworlders are dangerous" she says. "Actually, you're wrong. That marriage was the best thing that could have ever happened. I wouldn't be the way I am if magnus hadn't done what he had to me, Alec wouldn't have met him and none of us would be close" I say. Magnus has helped us all become closer in a way. "But the faeries. You had to send your daughter, your own flesh and blood, away. If the faeries were under control and supervision at all times that could have been avoided. You need to get the seelie Queen under control" she says raising her voice at the end sentence. "You know that is a great idea mrs. Dearborn. Except you forgot one thing" jace says. "And what is that" she asks. "You cannot control the seelie Queen! She is immortal. Who knows how old she is. She's deceptive and manipulative. You think you have her and then she turns around and stabs you in the back. There is no controlling the queen of the seelie court. Ever" I say. "As for the downworlders, we are watching them like always, but we will never have them registered and watched to the extent that you want and are talking about. Downworlders other than the faeries have done nothing to break the accords. If they do break them they know there will be consequences for doing so. We would like to keep our alliance with the downworlders" jace says.

"Fine. If you won't listen to me, I will figure out another way to get what I want" she says. "Good luck with that. Hey, when that happens let me know how that goes" I say with fake enthusiasm. She rolls her eyes. "You downworlder lovers make me sick. I'll figure out how to get what I want one way or another" she says snobbily and starts walking out of the room. "Don't let the door hit you on your way out" I call. She leaves the room. Very queen like, I know.

"That was a waste of time" jace says. "Yeah" I say. "So are we staying in here until the seelie Queen comes" I ask. "Might as well. I mean we only have 10 minutes" he says. "I need to go write to Isabelle really quick" I say. "Okay, hurry back" he says.

I get up and leave the room. I walk to the office. I get some paper then write 'Izzy!! Your dress is ready. Come when you can to the castle to try it on and see if anything needs to be altered. Can't wait to see it on you. You will look beautiful. Come when you can' I write. I fold the paper and write her name on the outside of the letter. I go to one of the guards in the hallway. "Go into the city. Give this letter to Isabelle lightwood, I have to get back to the throne room" I say and hand him the letter. "Yes ma'am" he says. He takes it from me and leaves.

I go back to the throne room and take my rightful seat next to jace. The seelie Queen gets here shortly after and comes in. She stands in front of us.

"Tell me how is the little brat" she says. "Do not speak about our daughter that way" I say with my voice raised. "And we wouldn't know, we had to send her away when you first threatened her" jace lies. We know she is safe. We haven't talked to Stephanie or Travis in a while, but we know she's safe and they are fine.

"Tell me, has she gotten her powers yet? She will be awfully powerful when she gets them" the seelie queen asks. "Like I said we wouldn't know" jace says. He's not lying this time, Yes Grace is still a baby but we haven't heard of any powers coming from her other than her bubble power. Bubble powers won't do any good though.

"Wait a minute, we are missing someone here" she asks. Who is she going on about now? "Your brother Queen Clary. Where is he? I know he's here somewhere" she says. "Why would you want anything to do with my brother? He wants nothing to do with you" I say. "That's where you're wrong, my Sebastian would always want me" she says. "News flash, he's not yours or Sebastian anymore" jace says.

"Anyways, back to the child. If you could have anything in the world in exchange for your daughter, what would you want" she asks. Jace an I look at each other and he looks shocked. There's nothing we would trade Grace for. Ever. "Nothing, we aren't trading Grace for anything in this world" I say. "Are you sure? There must be something" she asks. "Nope" I say. "Everyone wants something" she says. "I want my daughter back" jace says.

"What if I told you I found Grace and I have her with me in my courts" she says. "I'd say there was no reason for you to have asked those previous questions if you have her" jace says. "Well she is. She's in my court now, being watched by Seraphina" the Seelie Queen says. "We know you're lying. Grace is still safely hidden where we put her. If you did have her we would be notified" I say.

"The child, I want her. Give her to me" she yells. "We don't always get what we want, your highness" I say. "I will do whatever it takes to get the brat, and when I do, I will kill her and make it the most painful death  I will drain her of her powers and angel blood" she says. I look to jace and I can tell he's furious at this. "Listen here. You so much as threaten my daughter, you threaten me. You so much as touch a little hair on her little head and you will be sorry. I am the Queen of the shadow world, and I have all the downworlders and shadowhunters I need to back me up if I need it. I have as many seraph blades and other weapons at my disposal if I need them as well. Don't you dare talk about my daughter that way" I threaten with my voice raised almost at a yell. She scoffs. "You don't scare me, girl" she says. "Don't speak to Clary that way. Don't speak about Grace that way either. You will be sorry if you hurt her, so I wouldn't if I were you" Jace says.

"I will find her" the seelie Queen says. "No you won't" I say. "Until next time" she says.

She walks out of the throne room. The guards follow her out and Jace and I are left alone. He reaches out and I put my hand in his. "I love you so much" he says. I smile at him. "I love you too" I say. My stomach growls. "Let's go to dinner" jace says.

We walk hand in hand to dinner. When we get there we sit across from Jonathan and Alice. "How'd the seelie Queen meeting go" Jonathan asks. "She's starting to get on my nerves" I say. "She threatened Grace, again. And said that when she finds her she will kill her" jace says. "Oh my gosh" Alice says shocked. "Yeah, there's no way she's going to find her though" jace says. "I hope not" Jonathan says. "She won't" I say having to reassure all of us.

"Did your horse come Alice" I ask hoping to change the topic to something happier. "Yes, he's so pretty. I decided to name him Scout. Thank you so much for getting him" she says happy. "Of course, now you can learn to ride" I say.

We talk about anything else other than the seelie Queen and Grace tonight at dinner.

When we start walking towards our rooms to get ready for bed. I put my pajamas on and go downstairs to try and find something to do until I'm tired.

"Clary" I hear Alices voice call from hers and Jonathan's room. I back up and stand at their bedroom doorway. She is sitting alone Indian style on the bed. "Can you come play with my hair? I'm lonely" she says. "Okay" I say. I come sit behind her. I take the brush and brush through her long brown hair.

"What kind of horse is scout" she asks. "He's an Appaloosa" I say. "He's so pretty" she says. "It will take a little while until someone can get him broken in and being able to be ridden" I say. "How long is that going to take" she asks. "I don't know honestly, I think it's different with every horse. Jace said it took trapper quicker than autumn and major to break them in" I tell her. "Oh" she says.

"You know what we need to do soon" I say. "What" she asks. "Put the Christmas tree up" I say. "Do we have one" she asks. "No, but we need to get one and start our own tree. You're a part of our family too" I say. "Awh thanks. I want to help put it up and decorate it" she says. "Of course. And maybe we can even get jace and Jonathan to help. It would be hard to do it but maybe we can" I say. "Maybe" she says.

I set the brush down and play with her hair. Bear walks in and jumps on the bed. "Jonathan must be close" I mumble. Just as I say that Jonathan comes in. "I can't believe you" he says looking straight at me. "What did I do" I ask. I am very confused. "I can't believe you threatened the seelie Queen" Jonathan says and laughs. "She threatened Grace first. I don't like when someone threatens my family" I say. "You never cease to amaze me little red" he says. "I try" I say.

"I see. Well time for you to get out. I'm tired and want to go to bed now" he says. "Whatever" I say. I stick my tongue out at him. "I'll see you later Alice" I say. I get off the bed and go up to my room.

I brush my teeth and get in the bed. Jace comes in gets ready for bed and gets in with me. "I've never seen that side of you today" jace says. "What" I ask taken back. "That protective momma bear side of you" he says. "Oh" I say. "I like it. I like protective momma bear Clary" he says. I smile. "I don't like when people threaten my family. You stuck up for me too, thank you" I say. "Of course, I don't like the way she was talking to you" he says. I smile at him. "I'm so proud of you" he says and gives me a small quick kiss. "For what" I ask. "Everything" he says. I smile.

I yawn. "Let's go to bed. I'm sleepy" I say. "Okay love, go to sleep" he says. I lay my head on the pillow. "Can you wrap your wings around me" I ask. I see them come out slowly and they wrap around me. "Much better" I say. He kisses my forehead and says "go to sleep." I close my eyes and fall asleep.

What do you guys think of the seelie queens threat?

I used a quote from a movie. Can you guys guess which movie?

What about momma bear Clary? Do you like that side of her?

What do you think of Clary being a designer again?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

67.9K 1.3K 22
Valentine died in the mortal war and Clary has always known about the shadow world, but they didn't know about her... This fanfic in an alternative b...
202K 4.5K 40
Clary has always been silent. After witnessing the brutal murder of her family at age ten, Clary became mute by choice. She hasn't spoken a word sinc...
444K 12.1K 44
Clary is pronounced dead by the Clave, leaving Jace heartbroken and never the same. But when Jace saves a mundane that isn't a mundane at all and ba...
18.8K 495 16
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Clary has always lived and been brought up by her father, Valentine Morgenstern. He trained her to be the best an...