Metamorphasis

By WhisperOfSouls

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... More

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL
CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison
CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"

4.2K 225 51
By WhisperOfSouls

CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"If you prick us do we not bleed?
If you tickle us do we not laugh?
If you poison us do we not die?
And if you wrong us shall we not seek revenge?" --- William Shakespeare

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER MIGHT BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

ADULT LANGUAGE AND SCENERY MIGHT BE PRESENT AS WELL AS VIOLENCE!

YOU ARE BEING WARNED BEFORE YOU PROCCEED, SO READ ON AT YOUR OWN DESCREATION!!!

RESPECT YOURSELF, THE AUTHORS, AND ALL ITS COLLABORATORS/CONTRIBUTORS!!! DO NOT PLAGIARIZE!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Donovan Creed's POV

My throat was burning, my heart was racing and my blood was boiling so much I feared I would melt right into my skin.

I had no family or at least none that I recognized; and none who cared to acknowledge my existance. Either way it suited me just fine. It allowed me liberties that I wouldn't otherwise be able to enjoy. Having no family meant having no weaknessess, and no roots. I had nowhere my enemies could strike me to bring me down. I had no roots tying me to any single place anywhere.

I was free to slither and slide anywhere I pleased without restraint.

Because having to family also meant that I didn't need to check up with anybody and that were something to happen; Nobody would ever miss me.

No one would notice my dissapearance.

No one but Daniel that is...

I had no family but Daniel was my achielle's heel.

He was my only weakness. My only friend but no...to me he was so much more than a mere friend.

He was family.

My family and nobody attacked my family without suffering a slow, painful, torturous, bloody death courstesy of me.

It didn't matter to me wether they had hit him to get to me which was highly unlikely since nobody knew who I even was.

Or wether they hit him for some other reason unknown to me.

None of that mattered to me in the least. The only thing that did matter to me was finding out the fucking person who dared to attack the one person who I cared about in this entire bloody planet.

There weren't many people who I knew and considered friends. There were even less people who I considered family. In other words the only person who I actually did consider family was...

It was Daniel.

I had known him for far too long to only see him as an asset like I did with so many others that I knew.

He was my friend. He was my family and whoever dared to touch him would be receiving the hard goodbye as soon as I caught onto them.

After awhile of waiting to see if she would attack me again, I flexed and finally began to speak.

"Hello. You are one Miss Riverdale I assume? Or perhaps I should adress you as future Alpha Krieger. Ladys' choice, I will adress you with which ever you prefer."

Her expression was blank as her eyes roamed my shielded body without giving anything away. Nothing betrayed her...Nothing except for her anger and rage.

"Perhaps we should try taking this conversation into a more 'private' setting. For your safety as well as my own 'cuz I don't know if you know this but there is a young cub outside, watching your house with a forlorn expression."

She sighed at this and closed her eyes.

"Does he have short black hair, hazel eyes, and a soft golden tan?"

Her voice was low, melodic and forlorn.

I nodded and she gave a deep melancholical sigh, "I can't believe he's out there but he's harmless..."

She sounded distant, hurt but with an under current of bitterness and anger.

"Follow me."

She turned away from me and began walking towards a set of stairs that swirled upward.

"Be discrete and silent. I have a full house and a sleeping child if you disturb his sleep you will loose more than he." She whispered urgently as we made our way up the spiral staircase.

We passed one floor and instantly the scent of Daniels blood hit me head on.

My nose flared and my anger grew.

We hit the second floor then the third and I stopped breathing for a few minutes as I adjusted to the overwhelming scent of Daniel's spilt blood.

The smell of spilt blood wasn't foreign to me not in the least. On the contrary, blood was something I dealt with almost on a daily basis and as such I had long ago gotten accustomed to its peculiar smell.

But this was different. This wasn't just one of my targets. This wasn't just a stranger or even some random victim.

No.

This was the blood of someone I loved and cared about deeply.

This was different.

We stepped unto the third floor and the beauty in front of me began to falter.

I had been only a few steps behind her but as she leaned on a wall for support I rushed forward and gently picked up one of her arms before carefully placing it over my shoulders.

I kept her up right but her skin felt clammy and she was sweating. She clutched her head with one hand as I kept her up and swore but didn't remove her hand from my person

"My room. It's the one...the one with the flamed licked door knob."

Her voice was weak but she didn't falter.

I walked her over to her room and let her fall slowly unto her bed, "Are you alright?"

I looked at her and noticed her pale skin and tired eyes. 'What was wrong with her?'

"I'm fine just...tired. I haven't exactly had the best of weekends and tomorrow I have school."

She sat up and propped herself on some of her pillows, "So tell me, 'who are you'?"

I closed her door and locket it. She looked at me one eyebrow raised and her expression not one of fear but one of amusement.

"This is innapropriate and I have a mate who would kill you if you try something."

She spoke with amusement.

"The guy outside? I would like to see him try."

She glared at me and then laughed.

"Daniel trusts you so I trust you but be assured that if anything said in this room leaves this wall you won't."

I paused and let my words sink in for a few minutes before continuing.

"My name is Donovan Creed a mercenary for hire or an assassin, whichever your more comfortable with."

"Ok."

"Everyone knows me as Z. It's a little nickname that I picked up when I was a kid and turned into my handle. I've known Daniel since we were in elementary back in France and since that first day we met he has never once betrayed me or harmed me. He's my friend, my brother and whoever did this to him will have to pay for it."

"You can't."

I stare at her but she doesn't even flinch. Having a hood seriously undermined my intimidation factor.

"What do you mean I can't? I can't what?"

She takes a deep breath.

"You can't touch the attacker."

"What."

My voice is cold, steely and I'm seconds away from loosing it.

"Why not? You know! You know the attacker!"

"Yes."

"And you've done nothing about it?"

I asked in disbelieve.

"Don't you think I want to do something! I haven't just been sitting around for my fucking benefit! I'm respecting Daniels wishes and if you don't he won't forgive you! Do you understand now!"

I stood stock still, perplexed.

"What! Why?"

She snorts.

"Look even if you don't tell me I will find out eventually."

She glares at me and laughs.

"Go ahead and take a seat then or you'll get tired waiting."

Suddenly, the strong metallic scent of spilt blood dissapeared and all scents where wiped clean except for theirs.

What the hell was this? What the hell was that? What the freaking hell!!!

"Try and find a clue Mister Stranger but I can guarantee that you won't find one."

I glared at her and slowly lowered my hood.

"What did you just do!"

It wasn't so much a question as it was demand but she didn't even flinch.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Z, was it? Nice trick but nothing you can do can work on me."

I growled and took a menacing step forward. Before I could get any closer a thin silver blade was pressed against my throat as a cold and severe voice spoke.

"Touch her and it will be the last thing you will ever do, trust me."

Lilly stood up from the bed and walked over to the door proptly shutting it before coming to stand in front of me.

"I would like you to meet my mate, Nathan."

I tried moving but my body was frozen and I was furious.

"Relax. We don't bite. Nate, let him go."

The couple stared at each other apperantly sharing some private conversation that I wasn't privy to. This was pissing me off but I had to keep my temper in check if only for Daniel's sake. If I was to get any information from this place I had to play nice at least until I got what I wanted from them.

"Catch!"

Suddenly a glass bottle flew at my face and I caught it at the last second.

"Pick a room in the top floor and make yourself comfortable but don't go looking for trouble or you just might find it."

She paused examining my now visable face as if trying to catch something that eluded her but in the end she simply shrugged.

"If you find a locked door don't try to get inside you won't find anything and like I said before there is a child living here so bother him. Other than that your free to move around the house without triggering an alarm. If you do I have a guard who would be happy to show you the rules."

"Fine, thank you."

My teeth where clenched and my hands were fisted but for now I couldn't do anything that would make my intentions known to them.

I left the room with a bottle of fine vodka in my hands and went in search of a suitable room for the night.

How had a little girl bested me?

But this wasn't over not by a long shot.

As soon as I found a room I locked the door and explored my surroundings. For the first time since I had began working I felt trapt and anxious. I should've thought out a better strategy before bursting into this unholy mess but Daniel needed me and I would risk capture if it meant making his a attacker pay.

I plopped down on the bed and found a fully stocked mini fridge next to the bedside table. Figuring out that they wouldn't care if I raided their fridge I took out a cold sandwich, my laptop and quickly got to work hacking the school network.

I needed to infiltrate their community and there was no better way to do it than by pretending to be a student. Kids were naturally nosy and knew more than adults gave them credit for. Sure, passing of as a kid wasn't ideal and he would much prefer to stay and watch from the shadows but both choices came with pros and cons.

Playing a kid meant appearing young when he was already into his early twenties and creeping along the shadows meant that if he got caught they wouldn't take it well. He'd never been caught before but why risk it?

Logging into the school server he registered himself in with a fake name and assigned himself right into the same schedule as Lilly and Daniel. He would be an nineteen year old transfer student from California by the name of Krystopher Wolf. He laughed and kept typing away as the morning began to dawn. He hadn't slept a wink but it was soon time for school to start and he smiled.

"Oh, There's gonna be hell to pay. Oh, yes, there was gonna be hell to pay and I would make sure of that... Chaos was on it's way."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I know! I know! I've been gone for forever please forgive me but I hope that I still have all my loyal readers :) Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and will continue to read this story as it progresses. In a couple more chapters you'll find out what 'really' happened to Daniel. So this chapter was longish with a lot of talking and het not much was said about Z....

Hell, his name might not even be real....
Who knows???

VOTE, COMMENT, ADD, SHARE AND/OR FOLLOW THE WRITER!

P.S. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!

Also, FORGIVE ALL MISTAKES!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 41.9K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
3.1M 78.9K 22
She's the runt, the outcast, the pack punching bag. All because she's different; a fox-in a pack of wolves. When an Alpha comes to evaluate the pack...
3.9K 115 18
Lillian decided to protect her older sister from their father. She endured unimaginable pain and misery. Will that choice destroy any hope of being...
194 0 9
Lydia has always been at the bottom of the pack. She was above the petty outcasts, and definitely above the rogues. But she was not important to the...