Learning to Trust

By TrisEaton4610

Book Two +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two [You are here]... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Can't Control It
Chapter 2 - Wait for News
Chapter 3 - Uriah's Condition
Chapter 4 - Back in Dauntless
Chapter 5 - What Can I Do?
Chapter 6 - Let Him in Here
Chapter 7 - Loss For Words
Chapter 8 - Time of Calm
Chapter 9 - Do I Have a Choice?
Chapter 10 - My Big Brother
Chapter 11 - Finally Do Now
Chapter 12 - Indentical
Chapter 13 - Blue-Gray Eyed Baby
Chapter 14 - Be Brave Tris
Chapter 15 - Extraordinary Tris Prior
Chapter 16 - Falling Into Place
Chapter 17 - He Saved Me
Chapter 18 - Indiana Jones
Chapter 19 - Next Step
Chapter 20 - She's a Fighter
Chapter 21 - Maybe I Can
Please Read!
Chapter 22 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23 - Why Not
Chapter 24 - You Didn't Deserve This
Chapter 25 - Erudite News
Chapter 26 - When Does it Start
Chapter 27 - She's Awake
Chapter 28 - I'm Back
Chapter 29 - The Shirt
Chapter 30 - I Love Her
Chapter 31 - Never Letting Go
Chapter 32 - Time
Chapter 33 - Moving Forward
Chapter 34 - Don't Trust
Chapter 35 - Christina
Chapter 36 - I Love You
Chapter 38 - What If
Chapter 39 - Beatrice
Chapter 40 - The MIU
Chapter 41 - Back to Hell
Chapter 42 - Alone
Quick A/N
Chapter 43 - Find Out Why
Chapter 44 - Darkness
Chapter 45 - Just Might
Chapter 46 - Paranoia
Chapter 47 - For the Better
Chapter 48 - Learning to Trust
Chapter 49 - One Day
Chapter 50 - Bad
Chapter 51 - Three Times
Chapter 52 - Can She Hear?
Chapter 53 - Finding Out
Chapter 54 - How
Chapter 55 - Temporary?
New One Shot!
Chapter 56 - Sarcasm
Chapter 57 - Smile
Stop Sinking My Damn Boat
Chapter 58 - Real Bad
Chapter 59 - Blinking
Chapter 60 - Investigation
Chapter 61 - It Worked
Chapter 62 - Behind Those Eyes
Chapter 63 - Reflection of Her
Chapter 64 - Going to Get Better
Chapter 65 - What Happened?
Chapter 66 - Seven Days
Chapter 67 - Day One
Chapter 68 - Day Two
Chapter 69 - Day Three
Chapter 70 - Day Four
Chapter 71 - Day Five
Epilogue
Thank You!!
Trivia!
~Final Note~
All for You.
100k

Chapter 37 - Second Chances

3.3K 133 83
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 37 - Second Chances

Tris

So many people that I haven't seen since I've gotten back have been visiting me lately.

Will, Uriah, Zeke, Shauna, Lynn, Marlene, Tori, Amar, George, and everyone else.

I don't think I've ever been so happy.

Seeing everyone I've missed so much.

I couldn't ask for anything else right now.

The one person that I can think of that hasn't visited me yet is Evelyn.

Tobias has been telling me about her a lot; how she's changed so much, and for the better. I know she got him a dog for his birthday, and I know that she's been there for him to keep him company and to truly be his mother for once.

He's also told me how she told him that she regrets a lot.

He told me that she wants to come visit and apologize to me, and how she regrets how she treated me way back a few years ago.

I hope that he's not lying.

Because I also have been truly considering to apologize to her.

I also wasn't the nicest person to her. I had given my share of unnecessary remarks and rudeness to her as well.

I really would like to start over, if she has changed like he has said.

The option to do so comes sooner than I had expected.

There's a quiet rap on the door around lunchtime that day. Despite how quiet it was, I heard it loud and clear with the sharpness in my ears. Cautiously, the person walks in, and closes the door quietly.

I recognize the hooked nose instantly, and I know it's her.

"E-Evelyn?" I meant to say her name as a statement, but it comes out as a question.

"Hi, Tris." She sounds more shy then I've ever heard her speak.

She walks over and stands at the foot of my bed, and out of instinct, I tense up.

What if she's working with all of these people who are out to get me?

Then I remember all of what Tobias has told me about her.

He told you that she changed, and that she feels bad and wants to apologize. He told me I can trust her, and that she is a very nice person now. She's changed and for the better.

At the moment, I don't trust her quite yet, but I do trust him.

And if what he's has told me is true, then I want to apologize too.

"Look, Tris." She starts and her eyes drift off, not quite meeting mine. I see tears begin to line her deep brown eyes. She sighs. "Where do I even start. I am so sorry. Is there any way you could forgive me and that we could maybe, just maybe, start over? It was so stupid and childish of me to treat you the way I did, and I should've never of done it. Honestly, I really don't deserve you to forgive me for how I acted, and I completely understand if you never want to see me ever again."

"No," My voice croaks. "Evelyn, I- I'm sorry. I a-also was very st-stupid with my actions and words t-towards you. I-Is there any way you could forgive me for h-how I treated you?" My lungs burn by the time I'm done talking.

She nods, a few tears falling down her face. "Of course. I forgive you." Her eyes meet mine and I feel a small, hot tear run down my face.

"I-I really just need to get this off of my chest, because it's been tearing me apart for the past three years." She says, coming and standing closer to where I'm propped up on the bed. "I was wrong, so wrong, about all of the things I rudely told you. Over these past three years, I've seen how much Tobias needs you more than me. I've seen his life fall apart; his world crumple; his future fall flat right in front of him, all because of your absence. I may be his biological family, but you, you bring out the good in him, you give him something to be living for. You weren't and still aren't temporary, I was temporary. Unlike me, you never left him by choice, and you stood by him during his worst. I made the extremely wrong choice to underestimate you by how you looked, and it was so wrong of me. Beatrice, you are probably the smartest young lady I've ever met, and I was wrong when I have said otherwise. Both of us have done things to the other that we are not proud of, so please, could we possibly start over?"

Tears run down her olive-skinned face. She isn't as bony as she was when I last saw her; probably because she is no longer Factionless. Her hands shake as she wipes them on her pants, and I realize that I have not answered her yet.

"I forgive you, Evelyn." My voice is not very audible because of all of the talking I've attempted to do already.

I want to tell her that I can't wait to meet the new her; the new Evelyn that Tobias has told me so much about, but I just can't bring my voice to me.

Tears fall down my face uncontrollably as I say it again.

"Th-ank you, and I forgive y-you."

She sits next to me on the bed and cautiously wraps her arms around me in a loose, shy embrace. I wrap my arms around her and hug her back tighter, silently telling her that I'm okay with her embrace.

"Thank you." She quietly sobs. "I swear, I won't ever treat you the way I did, ever again." She holds me tightly.

"I know." I say as loud as my voice will let me, which is not loud at all.

When I was a young, little Abnegation girl, I remember being taught to give people second chances. My father always told me that people deserved to be forgiven because life is just too short to hold people for their actions of the past. I've forgiven many people before, just not like this; not in such different circumstances. This is a true second chance, just like my father taught me about.

Second chances are about forgiving the other person for their actions.

Evelyn forgives me, and I forgive her.

This is our second chance on each other.

Now, we are starting over.

I already know that this will become a stronger bond than the first one I had with her ever was.

A/N

Hi humans!

I'm leaving for vacation in two days to go to the beach!! I'm so pumped!

I was pretty bored between Tuesday and today, so I randomly decided that I was replying to all of the comments made on the last chapter. (Surprisingly, Wattpad let me do it too and it didn't freak out like it use to when I would reply to comments) So I hope you all enjoyed that. (:

Qotc: Right handed or left handed?

Aotc: Right 🙃

31.3k reads!

Anyways....

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave bc I <4 you all so much! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.5K 29
This story is a different ending to Allegiant. In this story, Tris never got shot and all the people who died aren't dead. Al is still dead though be...
4.4K 183 33
Welcome to the third book of my Divergent fanfic series! I'm so glad you decided to read these. Please read the previous book(s) in order to understa...
10.4K 142 28
Tris' life changes forever when she is assigned to clean a very successful business mans hotel room. ~DISCLAIMER - THE CHARACTERS DONT BELONG TO ME...
2K 36 11
Note: If you haven't read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, this story contains spoilers!! ALLEGIANT - ALTERNATE ENDING. I wrote this a few years ago when...