Learning to Trust

By TrisEaton4610

Book Two +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two [You are here]... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Can't Control It
Chapter 2 - Wait for News
Chapter 3 - Uriah's Condition
Chapter 4 - Back in Dauntless
Chapter 5 - What Can I Do?
Chapter 6 - Let Him in Here
Chapter 7 - Loss For Words
Chapter 8 - Time of Calm
Chapter 9 - Do I Have a Choice?
Chapter 10 - My Big Brother
Chapter 11 - Finally Do Now
Chapter 12 - Indentical
Chapter 13 - Blue-Gray Eyed Baby
Chapter 14 - Be Brave Tris
Chapter 15 - Extraordinary Tris Prior
Chapter 16 - Falling Into Place
Chapter 17 - He Saved Me
Chapter 18 - Indiana Jones
Chapter 19 - Next Step
Chapter 20 - She's a Fighter
Chapter 21 - Maybe I Can
Please Read!
Chapter 22 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23 - Why Not
Chapter 24 - You Didn't Deserve This
Chapter 25 - Erudite News
Chapter 27 - She's Awake
Chapter 28 - I'm Back
Chapter 29 - The Shirt
Chapter 30 - I Love Her
Chapter 31 - Never Letting Go
Chapter 32 - Time
Chapter 33 - Moving Forward
Chapter 34 - Don't Trust
Chapter 35 - Christina
Chapter 36 - I Love You
Chapter 37 - Second Chances
Chapter 38 - What If
Chapter 39 - Beatrice
Chapter 40 - The MIU
Chapter 41 - Back to Hell
Chapter 42 - Alone
Quick A/N
Chapter 43 - Find Out Why
Chapter 44 - Darkness
Chapter 45 - Just Might
Chapter 46 - Paranoia
Chapter 47 - For the Better
Chapter 48 - Learning to Trust
Chapter 49 - One Day
Chapter 50 - Bad
Chapter 51 - Three Times
Chapter 52 - Can She Hear?
Chapter 53 - Finding Out
Chapter 54 - How
Chapter 55 - Temporary?
New One Shot!
Chapter 56 - Sarcasm
Chapter 57 - Smile
Stop Sinking My Damn Boat
Chapter 58 - Real Bad
Chapter 59 - Blinking
Chapter 60 - Investigation
Chapter 61 - It Worked
Chapter 62 - Behind Those Eyes
Chapter 63 - Reflection of Her
Chapter 64 - Going to Get Better
Chapter 65 - What Happened?
Chapter 66 - Seven Days
Chapter 67 - Day One
Chapter 68 - Day Two
Chapter 69 - Day Three
Chapter 70 - Day Four
Chapter 71 - Day Five
Epilogue
Thank You!!
Trivia!
~Final Note~
All for You.
100k

Chapter 26 - When Does it Start

3.2K 111 39
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 26 - When Does it Start

Cara

We all arrived home a few minutes ago from the hospital from visiting Tris.

Caleb has barely said anything since he left the room after seeing Tris, and I just can't even imagine what he's feeling right now.

Seeing his younger sister in such a state.

I wish there was more I could do to comfort him, but I know there isn't anything I actually can do.

We all will just have to wait and see, I guess.

Taking Beatrice out of her little carrier, I carry her to her room to put her down for a nap. I think she can almost feel the heavy air of sadness in the room, because the second she's in my arms she begins to cry.

"Shh." I brush her few blonde hairs on the top of her head, bouncing her a little bit in my arms. She opens her eyes widely and looks at me with her bold blue-grey eyes.

"You look more and more like your Aunt Tris every day." I coo at her, gently rubbing my thumb over her cheek, then her tiny little nose; all of which look just like Tris's, except smaller.

I chuckle, remembering when I tried to insult Tris by telling Christina about how Tris's nose was too big for her face, and it would be easy to just snap it right off because it stuck out so much. I remember knowing that she was standing within a range that she would've been able to hear me, and I was sure to say it loudly enough that she would.

That was back before we ended up allies in the Allegiant; back when she had killed my brother.

Little did I know then that one day, just a few years down the line, my daughter would have the exact same nose as her.

I lay Beatrice down in her crib gently and then go back out into the living room, shutting the door to her bedroom as quietly as I can.

I turn to see Caleb standing in the living room, his hands on his head and his eyes shut tightly.

"Caleb..." I barely whisper.

I hear him take a deep breath, followed by just a few tears streaming down his face from his still clenched eyes.

"Are... You okay?" My voice fades as I walk up to him.

He shakes his head no.

Walking over, I wrap my arms around his waist, his arms still over his head. I lay my head in his chest and he puts his arms around my waist, his head now resting on top of mine.

I feel his warm tears on my scalp, and some of mine soak through his light blue shirt, making a small patch of a darker blue on it.

I hear him sigh, more of his tears going onto my scalp. I bite my lip, concealing a sob in any way I can.

"That... I..." He stutters.

"I just don't want to believe that that was my little sister laying there." He says super quietly and quickly, gasping for air once he's done.

The sob I was trying to conceal leaves my lips as the tears continue to flow. I wrap my arms around him tighter, like if I was to let go, I'd loose him. He rubs my back with his one hand, holding me close.

Then a sigh, followed by a sob comes from him.

"I... I tell myself she's going to be okay... But-- Ugh Caleb, I just don't know anymore." I admit through a sob.

"I know." He says.

I don't know how long we stand there in each other's arms, talking about the fear of loss and the weight of guilt. It's probably a few hours once Beatrice has woken up from her nap, and we've all had eaten our dinner around the dining room table.

Caleb lightly swings Beatrice in his arms, a happy coo coming from her mouth as she reaches up to try and grab his nose. I smile at the adorable sight of my husband and daughter. She's almost a month old now, but it seems like so much longer from how much has gone on this month.

There is a knock that raps on the door, and Caleb tells me he'll get it, handing me Beatrice.

"Hi, honey!" I exclaim, smiling and kissing her forehead once she's in my arms. She coos and looks up at me with her big, beautiful blue-grey eyes.

"Oh, hi Andy!" I hear Caleb say. "Long time, no see, huh. Come on in! I don't think you've met my daughter yet, have you?"

"Hi Andy!" I smile.

Andy and I have met a few times before from him and Caleb working on the first project that Caleb had been doing on that building, before we had gotten taken. Andy had come over for dinner a few times back when I was still just a few months pregnant with Beatrice, and then he and Caleb would work on some things afterwards. He's an Amity transfer, and a super smart and kind man. It was always nice to have him around because he always could lighten any mood.

"I know you've met Cara before, and that's my daughter, Beatrice." Caleb says.

Normally, I would've probably corrected him and said that she was our daughter, but I just love the pride he has when he called her his that I let it go. It makes me glad seeing how proud he his to have his daughter.

"Awe. Congrats you two!" He smiles.

"I really wish I could stick around, but I've got to get around to a lot of people's apartments tonight. So anyways, Caleb, there's an investigation that's going to happen on that building. Considering that the vote was not passed by one vote, it's secretly being run by Dauntless leader, Josh and our leader, Mark. It's going to be on that building you all were in. We need to find out what happened in there for some of these people that are scared pretty bad, your sister is one of them; actually the main one really. The doctors here think that if we can maybe get some information on what happened to her, and other people like her, they'll actually be able to help them and make them more comfortable and possibly better."

"Sorry Cara, but I think this offer is for Caleb. Once, or if, you go back to the hospital as a nurse sooner or later, we may be able to get you involved somehow as well if you'd like."

I nod.

"So, Caleb. What do you think?"

"When does it start?"

A/N-

Hi humans!

So... Not really much I can say.

Y'all should check me out on Instagram... My user on there is  @llabnegation. I usually just post quotes and stuff from my fanfics and when I update etc. etc. so yeah give me a follow and a few likes please!

TTAA is so close to 100k!!! We only have like 7k more to get there! Please, spread the word to any divergent fans you know and tell them to read it!

QOTC: 1. Do you have an Instagram?  2. Are you following me yet?! (@kattheabnegation)

AOTC: I don't know but you all should! (:

18.6k reads!!

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
29.5K 498 38
***ALLEGIANT SPOILERS*** One choice can make him forget. One choice makes her come back Tobias Eaton is longing for Tris to come back. Never did he...
4.3K 148 23
I decided that I wanted Tris and Tobias to live a little so imagine Veronica's book stops before the war on abnegation and things stay normal. Skip a...
20.6K 466 73
COMPLETED From the moment Zeke and Uriah Pedrad came home with him, she hated him. There wasn't a problem because he hated her too. Everyone was used...