Learning to Trust

By TrisEaton4610

Book Two +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two [You are here]... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Can't Control It
Chapter 2 - Wait for News
Chapter 3 - Uriah's Condition
Chapter 4 - Back in Dauntless
Chapter 5 - What Can I Do?
Chapter 6 - Let Him in Here
Chapter 7 - Loss For Words
Chapter 8 - Time of Calm
Chapter 9 - Do I Have a Choice?
Chapter 10 - My Big Brother
Chapter 11 - Finally Do Now
Chapter 12 - Indentical
Chapter 13 - Blue-Gray Eyed Baby
Chapter 14 - Be Brave Tris
Chapter 15 - Extraordinary Tris Prior
Chapter 16 - Falling Into Place
Chapter 17 - He Saved Me
Chapter 18 - Indiana Jones
Chapter 19 - Next Step
Chapter 20 - She's a Fighter
Chapter 21 - Maybe I Can
Please Read!
Chapter 22 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 24 - You Didn't Deserve This
Chapter 25 - Erudite News
Chapter 26 - When Does it Start
Chapter 27 - She's Awake
Chapter 28 - I'm Back
Chapter 29 - The Shirt
Chapter 30 - I Love Her
Chapter 31 - Never Letting Go
Chapter 32 - Time
Chapter 33 - Moving Forward
Chapter 34 - Don't Trust
Chapter 35 - Christina
Chapter 36 - I Love You
Chapter 37 - Second Chances
Chapter 38 - What If
Chapter 39 - Beatrice
Chapter 40 - The MIU
Chapter 41 - Back to Hell
Chapter 42 - Alone
Quick A/N
Chapter 43 - Find Out Why
Chapter 44 - Darkness
Chapter 45 - Just Might
Chapter 46 - Paranoia
Chapter 47 - For the Better
Chapter 48 - Learning to Trust
Chapter 49 - One Day
Chapter 50 - Bad
Chapter 51 - Three Times
Chapter 52 - Can She Hear?
Chapter 53 - Finding Out
Chapter 54 - How
Chapter 55 - Temporary?
New One Shot!
Chapter 56 - Sarcasm
Chapter 57 - Smile
Stop Sinking My Damn Boat
Chapter 58 - Real Bad
Chapter 59 - Blinking
Chapter 60 - Investigation
Chapter 61 - It Worked
Chapter 62 - Behind Those Eyes
Chapter 63 - Reflection of Her
Chapter 64 - Going to Get Better
Chapter 65 - What Happened?
Chapter 66 - Seven Days
Chapter 67 - Day One
Chapter 68 - Day Two
Chapter 69 - Day Three
Chapter 70 - Day Four
Chapter 71 - Day Five
Epilogue
Thank You!!
Trivia!
~Final Note~
All for You.
100k

Chapter 23 - Why Not

3.5K 126 26
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 23 - Why Not

Amar

I head out early that morning taking my light brown, Greyhound dog, Rex on our usual five in the morning walk route.

George and I both got Rex when we had started living together a few years ago, and he sure does keep the two of us busy, but we both love him.

Rex and Indy have become really great doggy friends, which is actually really, really adorable. He gets so excited whenever he sees Indy, and even knows his name and his tail will wag when he hears it.

Suddenly, Rex starts pulling on his leash and trying to run away from me.

"What the heck, Rex? Stop it!" I scold him, gently as I can trying to pull him back to me.

"Oh, hello!" I say seeing Four come from around the corner having the same exact problem with Indy as I'm having with Rex.

"Good morning." He says very un-excitedly.

"I didn't know you were back in Dauntless yet."

"Yeah. I got back around the late afternoon yesterday but ended up just getting Indy at my mother's and staying home. I hadn't realized how little I've actually slept in the past few days."

"Understandable."

I want to know how Tris is doing, but I just don't want to ask him. I'm sure it's a sore topic; especially with him all of a sudden being back and everything. I just hope she's okay.

He looks at me, kind of like he's contemplating on something.

"There's a big meeting later today, do you think you're going to come?" I ask him.

"I don't have anything else to do, so sure, I guess."

"There's going to be all of the leaders here today from the other factions. They're going over research stuff for the buildings. You're going to want to be there, trust me."

He nods.

"I was heading down to the Main Building now. Josh had texted me last night and I saw it this morning. He wanted to meet me in his office sometime after five this morning but before noon."

"Mind if I tag along?"

"Of course not."

Rex and I walk with him all the way down to the Main Building, small talk about basically nothing keeping a comfortable silence between a us all the way.

"She's in a coma." Four abruptly says, slowing his walking.

"What?" I stop walking completely.

"Tris. She's in a coma. She fell into one yesterday right before I left."

"I'm so sorry." I look at him, but his eyes don't meet mine.

I can't even imagine what he's feeling on the inside right now.

"I thought she was doing better...?" I say, well, more like ask.

"We all did. Even her doctor did. It was like she was simply unconscious one minute, then unstable and in a coma the next."

"Is she stable now?"

"Yeah, well, as stable as a person in a coma can be I guess."

"Well, that's good... I guess."

We start walking again towards the Main Building in silence.

Walking into the Main Building, it is very dark except for the glow of light coming from Josh's office. We walk in that direction to be happily greeted by Josh the minute we enter.

Four tells him what he had told me just minutes earlier about Tris.

"I'm glad you're here, but I'm very sorry to hear about Tris." Josh says.

"At the meeting today, we are trying to pass the option to investigate the building with some Erudite people. If it does get passed, then hopefully doctors will get more information to help people like Tris heal and such."

"It seems almost better not knowing what went on in there, if you know what I mean." I say.

"True. But we have to find out, for the sake of the people that were in there." Josh says and Four nods in agreement.

I nod, all of us being in agreement.

No matter how rough the information may be to take in, it needs to be known.

For their sake.

+ + +

"Ugh. Why does that guy have to be such a jerk." George says angrily as we enter the apartment. He slams the door behind him as he enters behind me.

"First, he doesn't even want to rescue the people, but once he's outnumbered for that, he won't let us help the people once they are saved. It's just... He's just... Ugh I want to slap that man."

He's talking about the Candor leader. He's such a jerk, he really is. The investigation wasn't passed, just because of him. First, he wanted to know the state of all of the people saved, so we gave him that.

People told that ass the state of their loved ones, re-opening somewhat healed scars from the past week.

Even Four told him about Tris. He told him all about how she's paranoid, the pain she's been in, and even things he hasn't told any of us.

Then, what does that ass do? He goes and says that it's a waste of time, and that no help is going to fix any of them.

He refused to pass the investigation.

"It doesn't even involve his freaking faction! It should've just been between Dauntless and Erudite. They're the ones doing anything about it anyways, well, and Abnegation a little bit and maybe Amity too, doing hospital visits and such, but what has his faction done, nothing! Nothing!" George angrily states again.

"George, hun. You know, those are the rules now. All major decisions have to be unanimously decided on by all of the faction leaders."

"I know what the rules are, Amar. There's no need to remind me." He snaps sitting down on the couch and holding his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. It's just that, well... I know she's fine, but I'm just worried about Tori. What if she isn't fine. I haven't seen her in days. I mean, I went years without seeing her, but now that she's finally in my life again, I feel like we're just separated."

I sit down next to him, rubbing his back and resting my head on top of his.

"I tell you what, Four is going back to Erudite in a few days to see Tris. Why don't we tag along with him and go see Tori, Uriah, Lynn, and anyone we can there. They all are allowed to be visited now because it's been almost two weeks already, you know. Everyone is doing so much better, from what I hear. Well, except for Tris... But so I hear they're even letting people visit her right now. So, shall we go?" I ask him.

"Can we?" He looks at me, our eyes locking.

"I don't see why not." I smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 1.1K 30
Book Four +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three : All for You. Book T...
93.3K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
4.4K 183 33
Welcome to the third book of my Divergent fanfic series! I'm so glad you decided to read these. Please read the previous book(s) in order to understa...
156K 3.7K 82
Book Three +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three [You are here] : All f...