Juliet (Unfinished Novel)

By ColorOfLove

What happens when a small town girl from America moves to a private school in London? Follow Juliet Rowling... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Well Deserved Update
Another Update

Chapter 31

20.7K 201 31
By ColorOfLove

Re-write of the last Chapter 31. Don't get confussed because it is a whole new story line.

________________________________________________________________________________

*Jason POV*

I follow behind my cousin, Logan, as we take long strides down an empty hallway. His back is to me so he can't see the confusion and concentration that has now been plastered upon my face. I stare blankly as I think but am crashing into Logan's back as he comes to a halt. I wonder why we have stopped in the middle of an abandoned hallway.

"Come on." Logan's voice says in monotone as he turns to the direction of the door at his left. I look up above to see humongous double doors with the words 'Conference Room 1' written in italics across the top. The feeling in the pit of my stomach tells me that I should just turn around and run. Sadly, Logan grabs my hand and drags me into the dreadful room before I got the chance to make a mad dash for it.

My eyes search around Conference Room 1 and see the most dreadful thing of all. My father sitting at the top of the over-sized oak table with his head held high as he looks up at me. Around him are three other men dressed in custom tailored suits and many extra seats that aren't filled in. Along the wall, parallel to where my father is sitting, stands a large projector screen.

"Take a seat, son." My father demands in a bored tone as he gestures over to the seat on his right. The empty seat that laid beside him only held mysteries. I have been in very few conference rooms with my dad. Each one I did go to gave me bad news on the companies behalf, but I now believe this will be bad news on my behalf.

I hesitantly take my seat in the leather chair. Right when I am planted in the seat, and Logan is next to me, my father takes control of the situation.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice." He smiles a forced smile to all 5 of us in the room. "We are here to discussion the future of the company. I have recently inquired my son's nonsense life choices, and that will now change." My father faces my shocked and raging face before he continues. "No more partying, no more friends, no more public appearances, no more dating, no more school, and no more rubbish unless I say otherwise. And defiantly no music whatsoever." With that said my jaw drops to the floor. "I have heard that you are going around the school and playing at the local restaurant. One of my secretaries has heard that you have been going to a recording studio to record your music. There is no reason for you to try to pursue a career with music if there is no possible way you will get anywhere in life with that as your goal. It is a waste of time and useless in the business word. I have never-"

"Enough!" I shout, shooting up from my chair and slamming my hands against the hard wood. My blood was boiling inside me and there wasn't much more I could take.

Music is my life, my everything. Its an escape from the world and the people within. It is the voice that speaks for the speechless, the mute and the ones who are to shy to stand up for what they believe in. It is the light at the end of the tunnel that's just out of reach. It is the sun shinning after days of darkness. It is a helping hand when you can't stand on your own. It is a loving heart for all those who feel unloved.

And, without music I would have never met Juliet. The girl I met because of a stolen guitar. The girl with the unknown pass that brings misery to her heart. The girl who isn't afraid to stand out in a crowd. The girl who doesn't know her true beauty. The girl with the reflective blue eyes that captivate me. The girl with a hidden secret. And, the girl I want to learn more about.

"You can't tell me how to run my life." I say through clenched teeth as my father reaches up for my hand with anger filling his eyes.

"I can, and I will. You will be working for me as an intern until the day you turn 18. You will also be leaving London to come live with me and Alice. No exceptions." My father pressures while I pull my hand free from his.

I didn't want to stay any longer than completely necessary, so I stormed out of the conference room with my father and Logan calling after me. There was no reason to look back, if my father was keeping me from looking forward towards my dreams.

*Juliet POV*

My black worn-out flip-flops make contact with the solid concrete ground that is better known as a sidewalk. It is the early afternoon and the sun is high in the sky. Abbie thought it would be a great idea to take a break from school and the campus all together and head down to the town. I was dragged along with her but I defiantly don't mind. I enjoy a little bit of sightseeing compared to spending the day locked up in my dorm room.

We are now on our way to the diner in which Kyle works at. I have been to the small restaurant one other time and it was very appetizing. The food reminded me of a family owned restaurant with comforting food.

"Can we sit outside and eat?" She gestures over to a little iron table with two chairs sat around it that was just outside of the diner. "It is a beautiful day." Abbie tries to convince me as I see the clear, cloudless sky above us.

"Alright." I nod my head in agreement as she pulls me over to the tiny table near the window.

We sit there and scroll over the menu that was laying on the rounded surface in-front of us. It was full of sandwiches, salads, and soups of all types. Many things caught my eye and seemed appetizing, but the turkey supreme sub and cream of mushroom soup would satisfy me completely. Abbie decided to get the same thing as me.

"And, what would you two like to drink?" The friendly waitress asked us as she finished writing down our food order.

"I would love a Coke, please." Abbie replied while handing her the menu.

I scrolled over the drink section one last time and saw something that interested my taste buds. "I would like the Raspberry, Lemonade please."

***

"Look at that dress." Abbie admires the dress that hugs the body of the mannequin in a formal designer store. With its soft pink color and its detailed beading along the bodice, it was truly beautiful. Though, there was no way in the world that we could afford that type of dress.

"Could you imagine wearing a dress like that?" I ask as I try to picture myself in it but my mind comes up blank.

"Nope, I never could pay for that."

"Me neither."

We walk away from the window of Le Anna's and start our search for the next item in a window to drool over. So far it has been three dresses, one puppy, and an antique Mary-go-round horse with gold detailing. I keep wondering what it would be like to be able and afford all of this stuff that I can only dream having.

Right now I am lucky enough to have the school pay for me on somethings. Though, I need to be looking for a job sooner or later because they only gave me enough to get started with school. I have only had a few other jobs in my life and that was being a worker at a music store, a babysitter for the neighbor kids, and I also was an assistant for a daycare teacher over the summer.

Abbie pulls my hand and I tow behind her. She stops us in front of a TV filled store and I could see all the way through the transparent glass that was in my face. The walls throughout the store had TVs and other electronics of that sort with most of them showing off the entertainment news station.

Right now they were talking about the latest celebrity's baby bumps. But, after showing off a picture of the famous country singer's stomach, they switched their topic. Now they flashed Jason Parker's name as the title for the next topic. It didn't surprise me that he would be mentioned on the celebrity news since he is, pretty much, a celebrity. I smiled slightly as his name brought back memories of yesterday. Though, what I saw next made my jaw drop.

There stood a night time photo that Jason was in, and he was with me. My back was facing towards the photographer so all you could make out was Jason's face. It was the day that I was attacked by a drunken guy off the streets. Jason was luckily there to save me because without him, I wouldn't want to imagine what could have happened. I remember him handing me his shirt when mine was shredded into pieces. He held me so close and tight just like he did the other day when I was caught within the wave. It was so strange, but yet I felt extremely safe.

The image switched back to the man behind the news desk. I looked to my left to see Abbie staring at the TVs with an eyebrow raised. She seemed to be in deep thought.

"I wonder who that was with Jason? I bet you it was Rachel with a wig." Abbie announces to my face before walking away from the store.

I follow after her because I feared that I wouldn't be able to find her if she kept up with that pace, through these crowds. When I reached her side, I locked my arm with hers.

"You need to keep up girl." She says with a laugh in her tone.

I shake my head, "Why? Where are we going?"

"To the movies to see that new Taylor Lautner movie, which starts in like ten minutes." Abbie looks down at her white jeweled watch. "Then to the mall because I need new boots like the brown ones that you wore the other day."

A chuckle escaped my mouth at her determined voice and movements as we weaved through the crowds. As we walked, more of rushed, into the direction of the movie theater my mind was somewhere else. Though I seemed calm and collected on the outside, my insides were all worried. What will happen if they find out I was the one in the picture? Does Jason know about this? What am I, are we, going to do about this?

________________________________________________________________________________

I know its short, but I promised an upload and here it is! :)

Message me if you have questions and thanks for liking the FB page for saving Vans. No news yet about it but Ill keep everyone posted. I need to get to bed so I will write an author note tomorrow!

Love Delaney

:) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 788 38
Table of contents. Coming to school, being bullied, called as a nerd and hated by your own bestfriend. Is the worse thing that will happen to you. A...
94K 2.1K 54
Mary Anderson got attend an Performs Arts Academy (Boarding School) in London. Mary wants to be a singer and an artist, Mary is just discovering two...
13.5K 430 13
>>REMAKE IS UP<< Juliet Potter wants to start her life over. After an, er, "incident", she decides that she has had enough of Beauxbatons Academy of...
282K 10.6K 37
Draco was annoyed. He had to go back to Hogwarts for another year with Potter. Upon seeing him however, Draco was in denial. Did he just call Potter...