Learning to Trust

By TrisEaton4610

Book Two +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two [You are here]... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Can't Control It
Chapter 2 - Wait for News
Chapter 3 - Uriah's Condition
Chapter 4 - Back in Dauntless
Chapter 5 - What Can I Do?
Chapter 7 - Loss For Words
Chapter 8 - Time of Calm
Chapter 9 - Do I Have a Choice?
Chapter 10 - My Big Brother
Chapter 11 - Finally Do Now
Chapter 12 - Indentical
Chapter 13 - Blue-Gray Eyed Baby
Chapter 14 - Be Brave Tris
Chapter 15 - Extraordinary Tris Prior
Chapter 16 - Falling Into Place
Chapter 17 - He Saved Me
Chapter 18 - Indiana Jones
Chapter 19 - Next Step
Chapter 20 - She's a Fighter
Chapter 21 - Maybe I Can
Please Read!
Chapter 22 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23 - Why Not
Chapter 24 - You Didn't Deserve This
Chapter 25 - Erudite News
Chapter 26 - When Does it Start
Chapter 27 - She's Awake
Chapter 28 - I'm Back
Chapter 29 - The Shirt
Chapter 30 - I Love Her
Chapter 31 - Never Letting Go
Chapter 32 - Time
Chapter 33 - Moving Forward
Chapter 34 - Don't Trust
Chapter 35 - Christina
Chapter 36 - I Love You
Chapter 37 - Second Chances
Chapter 38 - What If
Chapter 39 - Beatrice
Chapter 40 - The MIU
Chapter 41 - Back to Hell
Chapter 42 - Alone
Quick A/N
Chapter 43 - Find Out Why
Chapter 44 - Darkness
Chapter 45 - Just Might
Chapter 46 - Paranoia
Chapter 47 - For the Better
Chapter 48 - Learning to Trust
Chapter 49 - One Day
Chapter 50 - Bad
Chapter 51 - Three Times
Chapter 52 - Can She Hear?
Chapter 53 - Finding Out
Chapter 54 - How
Chapter 55 - Temporary?
New One Shot!
Chapter 56 - Sarcasm
Chapter 57 - Smile
Stop Sinking My Damn Boat
Chapter 58 - Real Bad
Chapter 59 - Blinking
Chapter 60 - Investigation
Chapter 61 - It Worked
Chapter 62 - Behind Those Eyes
Chapter 63 - Reflection of Her
Chapter 64 - Going to Get Better
Chapter 65 - What Happened?
Chapter 66 - Seven Days
Chapter 67 - Day One
Chapter 68 - Day Two
Chapter 69 - Day Three
Chapter 70 - Day Four
Chapter 71 - Day Five
Epilogue
Thank You!!
Trivia!
~Final Note~
All for You.
100k

Chapter 6 - Let Him in Here

4.3K 153 37
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 6 - Let Him in Here

Caleb

"NO! CALEB!" My wife screams as nurses separate us, wheeling her off in a wheelchair and three male nurses holding me back.

She went into labor during the rescue out of panic. All of the chaos scared her and made her water break. It's crazy she didn't give birth in the van on the way back.

"LET ME SEE MY WIFE!" I yell, straining my voice. "SHE NEEDS M-e!" I scream, my voice dying at the end.

"Sir, the quicker you cooperate and we check you out, the faster you can get back to her.

"I'm fine." My voice lowers, not allowing me to even yell. "She's not fine though. She's in labor, carrying my child, our child, our daughter." I barely whisper as they walk me down the hall and into a room.

I sit there, letting them inspect every inch of my body, take blood from one arm, pump stuff into the other arm, and do other crap.

I'm paying so little attention to them that I don't really notice when they put seven small stitches up near my right shoulder for when I cut it on something while escaping.

All I care about is seeing my wife and being there for the birth of my daughter.

I just hope both of them are still okay.

Cara

"NO! LET HIM IN HERE! I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT HIM!" I cry as the nurses slip off my messy clothes and slip on a clean blue gown.

"Don't worry, they'll let him come the second they've cleared him. Just calm down, stress isn't good for the baby or for you for the birth. Save your energy, your going to need it, dear."

They help me up into the hospital bed just as another contraction starts. I grip the edges of the gown, missing Caleb who's shoulder I would snuggle into and hold his one hand while the other rubbed my head and whispered encouragements in my ear.

Now all I can do is hold the cheap cloth and hide my face in a pillow. It works, but it's not soothing like my husband's voice and touch.

As the contraction slows, the two nurses in the room begin to attach all of the wires and machines to my stomach and do a quick ultrasound.

"Everything is looking good, and the little girl looks like she is very healthy. She's a miracle child, this one." The one woman says as she turns off the ultrasound machine and the other nurse wipes the gel from my stomach and pulls the gown back down.

"The doctor should be here in a few minutes to check you out, so just hang in there until then." The nurse says pushing hair out of my face.

"Do you need anything?" The other woman asks.

"Water, please."

"Sure thing." She goes into the other room and returns with a plastic cup full of water and a few pieces of ice.

"I could probably find a hairbrush around... Would you like me to brush through your hair and put it up?"

"Please." I have been dying to have my hair off my neck ever since all of this started.

She digs through drawers and pulls out a little brush from a plastic bag. I scoot forward a little the best I can with all of the machines and she begins to brush through my bird nest-like hair.

"It doesn't seem like your contractions are too close together... Maybe you aren't actually that far along in labor yet." She says with a wondering tone in her voice.

I shrug.

I work in a totally different part of the hospital; usually I am someone that works with long term people or people who will be here for days at a time a few floors up. I don't know any of the doctors or nurses in this wing. It's nearly impossible to know every person in this hospital.

I have assisted in a few births before, but not enough to know what's going on. When I did assist, I was a fill in because the one woman got really sick and was out for a few days. I really didn't do much but mess with the machines and IVs and run to get things.

I knew enough when Natalie was in labor and how to help her through it, but there really isn't much medical knowledge needed to know or do that.

In other words, I really know nothing about childbirth.

The woman finishes with my hair and pulls it back into a messy bun on the top of my head. I lay back down and just as I'm about to thank her another contraction starts. I go back to hiding my face in the pillow and gripping the gown.

"Go away!" I involuntarily groan as the doctor comes in. This contraction is worse than past ones.

"What's the pain? One to ten?" The doctor asks me.

"Eight now shush!" I groan.

"Wow. Okay I'll have to check her as soon as this contraction passes. How far apart are they?" I assume the doctor is asking the nurse so I don't answer.

"We aren't too sure how far apart because she's been in here for maybe twenty minutes now but this is only the second contraction she's had yet."

"Okay." She answers.

I sigh, the contraction finally ending.

"Okay. I'm Dr. Davis, you are Cara, correct?"

"Yeah."

"Any questions about anything before I see how far dilated you are?"

"When can my husband come in?"

"As soon as his doctors let him. I'm sorry, I have no control over that." She looks at me with sorrow.

I simply nod.

"Okay. Put your feet up here." She guides my feet onto little things that come out of the table.

"It may feel a little weird, but I'll be quick, just try and not move and then it'll all be fine."

It wasn't that quick.

At least, not quick enough .

"Take your finger out, please." I groan. It is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever felt.

"Almost done Cara." She says.

I groan again.

"I think she's about two, close to three. Not as far along as I was hoping for her being at it so long, but the contractions are accurate to the dilation. I'm sorry Cara, but your not even half way yet."

I sigh. At least maybe Caleb will make it then.

I'll be back in around a half hour to check you again." She says taking off her gloves.

"Again?"

"Yep. Sorry dear. We have to keep an eye on you and your little baby girl in there." She says smiling a little.

I wish I could smile back, but even thinking of my baby girl doesn't help me right now.

"Can you turn the lights off? Or at least dim them?" I ask, wanting to relax without the brightness.

"Of course. The lights on the machines will still be on though. I can't do anything about those."

"That's okay. Thank you."

"Just keep holding on. This will all be over before you know it." She says smiling a little, and then closes the door.

Even though I'm sweating like a pig, I pull the blanket on the bet up to my chin and cry through another contraction, wishing that Caleb was here.

After it passes, I relax into the bed, only to tense up when I hear a familiar blood-curling scream that shatters my heart.

Tris.

A/N-

Hello humans!!

So, this is my first time actually doing a mini after-chapter authors note, so hello, I have returned!!

What do you all think of this sequel so far?

1.66k reads!

59.6k reads on TTAA

Anyways...

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

and

Comment

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 148 23
I decided that I wanted Tris and Tobias to live a little so imagine Veronica's book stops before the war on abnegation and things stay normal. Skip a...
93.3K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
3.9K 158 31
Welcome to the fourth book of my Divergent fanfic series! I'm so glad you decided to read these. Please read the previous book(s) in order to underst...
755K 18.1K 68
Two years after Allegiant Tris comes back to the factions. Nobody knows who she really is, even Tobias. She's not sure she's ready to tell anyone tha...