Like Real People Do - Jill Ro...

By 12376l

Younger sister of Alexia Putellas, Hunter, has always been devoted to football. She follows in her sister's f... More

Introduction
Soundtrack
I Need Your Help!
Instead They Adored Her
It Will Always Be You
Nice Suit
More Challenging For Some Than Others
That Was The Chance
Someone's A Little Biased
You're My Savior
You Were Staring
And I Passed
It's Nothing
You're All Grown Up
String Of Gold
We Need To Go
It Happened Again
I'm Sorry
I've Got No One?
Mirrorball
I'm Not Listening To This
You Were Right
Promise Me One Thing
Except One Person Remained Silent
Home Is Always Going To Be Home
Home
It Wasn't Even A Question
The Ocean Had Stilled
That's When It Happened
That's Not Fair
Time
We'll Make Sure She Sees It
I Thought The Light Had Died
Those Wounds Wouldn't Heal
You Were Right
I Was Staring At A Stranger
Well She Loves You
That Was A Private Conversation
She Made My Soul Happy
That's My Girl
How Quickly Life Can Flip
You'll Be Okay
I Don't Want To Be Alone
More Than You Already Know
I Had Two Options
That Sounds Like A Bigger Regret
Relief In Giving Into The Destruction
And There She Goes
Find Some Common Ground
Space From What?
Everything Wasn't A Label
My Place In The World
Deliciosa
Very Public Secret
Can You Stay?
Two Opposites
Now It Was My Turn To Be Strong
Whatever Will Be Will Be
I Trust You
Always To Be Remembered
Just This Once
She's The One
Real Or Not Real?
Trying To Hold On
Get Her Out Of Here
What's Wrong?
Someone's In A Mood
We've All Earnt It
Don't Be Seen
You're Safe With Me
I Just Want To Help Her
I Remember The First Time I Saw Him
But Then I Heard The Sirens
It Meant Something
One Single Look
I Have To Go
Clear My Mind
The Highs And Lows
Nothing Mattered
You're A Character
She Was Gone
The Truth Of Reality
It Will Be For Nana
The Highest My Career Ever Soared
It Will Go On Forever
Future Of Something In Nothing
Anything Meant Everything
I Was The Problem
The Lie They'd Want To Believe
I Didn't Miss Me
Without Words
You Won't Loose Me
To Be Nothing
I Wasn't Enough
I Prayed
Because I Know You
Neither Of Us Were Enough
Her Or I
Stay, Don't Go
To Save us
Eyes Of Red
We're Going Home
A Girl Like The Wind
Everything Flashed Before My Eyes
She'd Been Strong
Something
Everything But Hatred
This Is For The Best
Very Different Lives
Free From That Box

I'd Be An Awful Ghost

3.2K 127 15
By 12376l

Hunter's POV

I wouldn't be a very good ghost. I'd cry when I was leaving and my transparent hands would desperately grasp for her skin as I mumbled in my sleep. I'm not particularly scary, at least, I never wanted to be with her, she never made me feel destructive even when I tore our entire world apart; I had wished to create an oasis filled with good morning kisses, the very best that I could do and a frightful amount of laughter.
I'd be an awful ghost actually, because I didn't want to haunt her. I'd simply loiter by the door, leave my scar and hope that she wouldn't forget me.

Her. She.

It hurt too much to say her name, it hurt too much to even think about it but every time I closed my eyes I was in a new hell because there her face was; those bright green eyes, that effortless smile. 

I'd gone to her house today. I'd walked the entire way there, the rain poured down on me as I walked the streets of North London in nothing apart from a pair of pajama shorts and an old jumper of Jill's. Of her's. I don't remember realizing the rain existed until I'd been in the dry of her doorway; I hadn't realized how cold the rain had been since I was offered warmth. I wasn't talking about the weather anymore.
But after that it was hazy, voices blurred and hands ran through my hair, I wished for it to be her hands but then I remembered hearing Viv's shout.

"Jill! Jill get down here!" She'd shouted, her voice close to my ears. 

Then there was silence, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs but my head had grown so heavy I couldn't look up to see her. Those green eyes. That precious face. Then came those words which broke my heart and lit the match which was the fire to burn down whatever good was left in my life, "I cannot help her." Jill's words were hopeless, they were blunt. 

And that was when everything had turned dark, maybe it was the many bottles from the day catching up with me or maybe it was the weight of my heart which my body could no longer bare, maybe it was the pain I wished to hide from and never see again. 

I'd gone to find Jill. I didn't even know why but I'd sat there for a week drinking my house dry and the only thought in my hollow mind was her. I wanted to say sorry, I wanted to show my regret but I think my heart had secretly wanted her to take me back. My heart was torn between protecting Jill and missing her; it was selfish to go to her house but I'd needed to see her. I thought she might have wanted to see me. Maybe she still did. 

I woke up in the back of Viv's car, startled to see Lisa sitting besides me. 

"Lisa?" I furrowed my eyebrows, panicked as to where they were driving me.

"Lay back down Hunter," Viv softly advised me from the front.

My head was spinning, my thoughts and emotions were flying at me a thousand miles an hour. "Where are we going?" I prayed I'd been in some terrible nightmare before and we were driving to Jill's house now where I'd be back home.

"We're driving you home," Lisa smiled at me.

I could barely even talk, my lungs were heavy and the air felt like poison, "To Jill?"

Lisa looked to her lap, falling into silence, my eyes danced between the pair of them, questioning their lack of answers. "Viv?" I asked, hoping she'd tell me the truth, and that it would be the one I so badly wanted.

Viv cleared her throat, "We are driving you back to your house Hunter."

I gulped, she must have been wrong; Jill would want to see me. "What about Jill?" I felt the world begin to spin, my head begin to spiral. 

Viv took a moment to answer, "She um-," there was another moment of silence, I felt the sympathy of Lisa's eyes on me, "She asked us to take you to your house."

I didn't understand. "Is she already there?" I hoped, Jill loved me, I loved her; why wouldn't she be here with me? My heart was pounding as if I was seconds away from being dragged under the current and never making it to shore; to home. Maybe I wanted the waves to take me, but I knew I was fooling myself because she was on shore, my home and my safe haven; I couldn't drown, she wouldn't let me. 

"Hunter," Viv breathed, pulling into my driveway. 

I saw my car, the outline of its black exterior and there was another; it was white though I could not see the details nor who might have sat inside. But my heart skipped a beat, my shoulders felt lighter; Jill's car was white. It must have been her. I knew she wouldn't have left.
My hand grasped at the door handle and I stumbled out of the car, my mind wanting to run a lot faster than my body could; it was funny, I'd once been the fastest player in the league, the fastest player for Spain, but now I could barely even manage a few steps. 
My hands were on Jill's cars window, it was empty which meant she must've already been inside; maybe she was cooking Nana's infamous paella or doing another of those Dutch crosswords I couldn't understand but watched her the whole time anyway.

My fingers reached the front door but I paused as I heard Viv's breathless call. I turned around to see Viv standing there, Lisa a couple of steps behind, both of their faces had fallen; they were scaring me. What if something had happened? What if Jill wasn't okay?

But Jill was okay; this was her car, she must have been inside. That's why she'd told Lisa and Viv to drive me here. It all made sense. 

Viv's words were clear as they travelled through the rain, "She doesn't want to see you Hunter."

I looked to Lisa, Viv must have been playing a cruel joke, "What?" I felt like I'd been shot and there was this gaping hole in my chest, the floor beneath my feet was swallowing me whole as I felt myself fade. 

Lisa gulped, "She said she couldn't help you anymore."

"This is her car though?" I turned, pointing to the white car which I now realized was a BMW. Jill drove a Mercedes. It wasn't her. They were telling the truth.

The front door opened behind me, I spun around, tripping over my own feet but I was caught by a pair of strong arms. I looked up to see Leah.

"You're alright," she nodded with the slightest of smiles on her face, I was so used to seeing her strong and composed but now she looked helpless, she looked panicked, "You're going to be alright."

And that was all it took for me to break down and fall apart. My knees gave way and I crumbled onto the wet floor, my clothes were already soaked through and I trembled with each breath I tried to take. The air wouldn't reach my lungs, my throat was closing up. 
Leah's arms were still around me, she tried to gather me up and pull me inside but I refused to move. I just wanted to lie there forever until I turned into nothing, until this was all over. 

"Hunter, come inside," Leah pleaded, "It's freezing out here."

I shook my head, a sob escaped my throat as I looked up to the blue eyes of my loyal friend, "She hates me Le."

"What?" Leah furrowed her eyebrows.

"Jill hates me," The words felt like acid as I managed to spit them from my mouth.

Leah leaned down, "She doesn't hate you," Leah grabbed my hand, her eyes never left mine, "I promise that Jill doesn't hate you, she wants you to get better."

Leah was lying. Jill hated me and she had every right to do so, I should've seen this coming a long time ago but somehow my red eyes hadn't paid attention to all of the signs. Maybe if I'd just stopped for a moment, I'd have been able to save us but now that chance was gone and without Jill, I didn't see a point in ever getting better. Things would never be 'better' if she wasn't by my side.  

"Leah, we need to get her inside," Viv said.

"I know, I know," Leah sighed as she pulled me into her chest, holding me close like she'd done when we were only young and I was new to this country. Now I wished I'd never come because then maybe I'd have been able to avoid this pain. This was a hole I never wanted to find my way out of; now that I'd loved Jill, I couldn't forget. I could never unlove her because whatever was still left of my heart, lay in her hands. 

Soon Leah picked me up and brought me inside the house, laying me down on the sofa where I chose to ignore their questions and block out their voices. I didn't want to be there. I didn't want to be anywhere. All I wanted was to be gone. 
Hours could've passed me by where I was so numb that I thought about absolutely nothing. But even as I lay still, my head still spun and my throat burned from the tears and the drinks, though that pain could be ignored, it was much more difficult to block out the gaping wound in my chest, the hole which had once been home to my heart; that was back when my heart had belonged to me. 

I knew I should try to forget about her, try to move on with my life. But how could I ever forget someone who'd touched my soul with their bare hands and had fitted into my life like it had been their own?

I was still so sure that Jill should've been here, that she'd have never turned me away, that she'd have come to make sure I was alright. But as time passed and no one knocked on the door or rang the phone, I realized that Jill had already moved on from me, maybe she'd left a long time ago. I didn't blame her for that but I wished I hadn't hurt her, I wished I hadn't destroyed us because me and Jill was the only truly spectacular thing which had ever happened to me. She was the one person who made me feel alive, so beautifully and painfully alive, she was the person that I thought would never leave my side, but now I lay here after being turned away from her own home, when she was mine

There was a knock on the door, maybe it was Jill. I prayed she'd changed her mind. 

It was the first time I'd moved in hours, it was now well into the night but still the rain poured down on a solemn London, the city must've felt my anguish. Leah rushed to the door as I sat up, both Lisa and Viv held their breath. Seconds passed us by and still, I couldn't hear anything, but Jill was the only person who'd come; before when I'd call, or even just be in need, she'd always come without a question or single thought. I stood up, I couldn't even feel my feet touching the floor as I walked to the entryway and heard voices. 

My heart stopped. 

"Where is she? Where is she?" It was my sister; why had she come? Alexia wasn't ever meant to find out about this, I knew it would kill her. 

"It is fine Ale," Mapi tried to comfort her, I saw her lay a hand on Alexia's shoulder as I peeked round the corner, "We will find her."

"She's in the lounge," Leah whispered. 

"Oh, how is she? Is she okay?" I saw the tear stains which ran down my sister's cheeks, I was heavy with guilt. 

I stepped towards her, still not believing Alexia was here, but that was when her eyes caught in mine. That was when I realized my life was ruined. I was done. 

_____________

it's difficult writing Hunter's perspective at the moment cause she'd be so disoriented and inebriated so I hope it comes across and I've written them well. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Step up By Annac3

Fanfiction

32.8K 529 26
A new player has joined Arsenal WFC at a tense time. After playing in a championship club will she be able to survive in the top ranks? And will she...
333K 6.5K 72
sophia jones almost gets caught in a lie with her mother about her "girlfriend" she asks her friend of 3 years to pretend to be her girlfriend. what...
76.5K 4.1K 22
MAPI LEON ! - Mapi Leon spent her life battling rumours, ex-girlfriends and scandals... When Jana Flores enters her life unexpectedly, Mapi is adaman...
986K 29.2K 140
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...