Attention Truelove

By mcandr1

Picking up right after the events of Attention Runner Up Jade and Skylar struggle to make their relationship... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 40

133 8 1
By mcandr1

POV: Jade

I can tell she doesn't want the moment to end. She keeps forcing herself to go one even though she's clearly exhausted. I've already orgasmed three times and she has orgasmed four. I'm not complaining, this is clearly the best sex I've ever had, but watching her struggle to keep the magic going, breaks my heart.

"Enough," I say softly.

She's on top of me, breathing heavily, her arms shaking in fatigue. Sweat drips down her face.

"I got more in me," she assures me.

"Skylar, enough." I run my hand through her sweaty hair.

She sighs in defeat and relaxes on top of me. I wrap my body around her, running my fingers up and down her sweaty back. I feel the moment when she gives in to me once more. The way her body fully relaxes, melding perfectly with mine. How her warm breath tickles my skin which each exhale. The way she lets me interlock our legs, letting me run my foot up and down her calf over and over.

"Can I ask you something?" I say, fighting my sleep.

"Emm?" she's half asleep.

"Does Aphrodite really give better oral than me?"

She laughs then, loud and hard, her whole body shakes, causing mine to shake as well.

"Don't laugh!" I giggle.

"I can't believe she told you that," Skylar says.

"You know she likes to rub salt in the wound," I say.

"That she does," Skylar says in amusement.

"I can't believe you would actually tell her something like that," I pout.

"In bed, she's super bossy. Makes me call her mistress. It's actually super weird and uncomfortable. Anyway, she basically demands I worship her, tell her things that may or may not be true to turn her on." Skylar says.

This time I can't stop myself from laughing loudly. I can totally picture it. Aphrodite soooo gives me those vibes.

"You went along with it?" I laugh.

"Jade!" Skylar sits up, completely red in embarrassment.

"Look how red you're getting." I sit up and poke fun at her.

"You'd go along with it too if you knew how good she is in bed," She defends herself.

"So she does give better oral, I don't know if I should be offended or not," I admit.

"She's like a pro-lesbian, she just has more experience with girls than you."

"What is even a pro-lesbian?" I ask.

"I don't know," She whines.

I laugh before kissing her again.

She laughs into the kiss, pulling me closer.

"Also if you tell her I told you any of that, I'll kill you," Skylar says.

"I want to be the best sex you've ever had, not her," I lay back down and once again pull Skylar on top of me.

"I have to admit, you have gotten a lot better since our last time. Andrea must have taught you a little something," Skylar says.

"For a first-time lesbian, she gots some moves," I admit.

Skylar laughs.

"You've gotten a lot better yourself," I say. "You never used to last this long."

"Now I'm debating if I should be offended," Skylar says.

"Aphrodite must have worked you to the bone," I tease.

"And then some," Skylar says.

We both laugh.

Slowly our laughter dies out and the room is silent once more. The reality slowly sets in. Just thinking about Skylar with another girl stings me inside and out, like a knife to the heart. I wrap my arms around her, holding her tighter, running one hand through her curly ginger locks.

"You still awake?" I ask after a moment.

"Yeah," she says softly.

"So what now?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what now? Are we just going to go back to being just friends? What's your plan?"

"My plan?"

"You said you had to do things, see the world, what did you mean by that?" I ask.

"Aphrodite gave me this idea, vlogging my life. I think... I think that's what I want to do. I think maybe just putting everything out there might help me make sense of it all. I want to just travel, do things I've never done before, and experience life. I think... I think I'm going to go backpacking across the U.S." She explains.

"Wow... that sounds... awesome." And really fun, and like something I also want to do. But I'm not going to force myself on her. If she needs to do this alone, I have to let her.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, you should do it. Go for it. Finish school online." I say, even though the thought of her leaving me again makes me want to cry.

"Yeah..." Skylar says.

"Yeah..." I echo.

I close my eyes tightly, holding in the tears. No need to get all emotional right now.

I wonder what it would be like to travel anywhere I wanted. What I could get into. Mountain climbing, deep sea diving, zip lining through a jungle. That all sounds so fun. Skiing, sleeping in a log cabin, cave exploration... I want to do all that.

I take in a deep breath to force myself to calm down and not overthink anything.

Before I know it I am fast asleep. Probably the best night's sleep I've gotten in a long time. When I wake up the shower is on and Skylar is out of bed. I force myself to sit up and stretch. I grab my phone and check my notifications, I see a ping on my Skylar alerts. When I click it open it's an article about Skylar going home with me, last night. A picture of us dancing at the wedding and of us rushing into the house. I roll my eyes, can't these people find better things to do with their lives?

The headline reads Evil Eyes Actor Jade Tate caught slipping away from wedding with her ex. Under it, Jade and Skylar headed for makeup city? Gag! Boring! Ugh!

I get up and put on a robe before moving to peak outside. It's still dark and cloudy, and I can tell it's probably going to start raining again soon. A car at the end of my street has a photog trained on my house.

"Damn," I sigh.

I quickly go back to the room and knock on the bathroom door,

"Skylar," I call.

"Yeah!?"

"Can I come in?"

"Not like you haven't seen me naked before." She says.

Good point.

I open the door and walk in.

"Can I join you?" I ask.

"Sure?" she shrugs, squinting her eyes as soap drips down her face.

"We may have a small, tiny, just a little problem." I slip out of my robe before stepping inside.

"What now?" she whines.

"Someone followed us from the wedding last night and snapped a pic of you following me inside. And they may or may not still be at the end of the street waiting for you to leave. And they may or may not have written and sleazy article suggesting the two of us had a one-night stand."

"Jade," Skylar sighs.

"I'm sorry! I really thought they would leave me alone this week. Ugh!"

"Great now your crazy fans are going to attack me again. At least this time I have insurance on my car tires." She sighs.

"I'm sorry," I say sincerely.

She sighs and turns to face me.

"Is that what last night was, a one-night stand?" she asks me.

"You tell me," I run my hands down her scarred stomach.

She sighs and rests her forehead against mine.

"Look Skylar, I love you. No if ands or buts about it. I love you, and if you asked me to run away with you right here and now, to marry you right here and now, I'd say yes without any hesitation. I know I fucked up, I know I wasn't able to do that before. I kept putting my job before you, and I'm sorry for that. I also know that you still need time, need space, so you do whatever you need to do to get better. I'm not going to force this. If this isn't what you want right now, okay. I can wait. I will wait, for all eternity if I have to. You do what you need to do, I won't hate you for it."

"I don't know what I want, I'm so confused." She whispers.

"Then go and figure it out. Stop letting fear hold you back. If you think you love Vida, then go be with her. If you want to try things with Aphrodite again, then do it. Don't let me get in the way of your happiness." I say.

"I can't be happy without you," she says.

"I'm always going to be here for you. As a friend, as more than a friend, whatever you need. I can do that."

"Okay," she sniffles.

"Okay," I echo.

We finish our shower in silence.

We get dressed and once again I let Skylar borrow some clothes, but is it really borrowing if they were her clothes to begin with and I just stole them?

"You do realize you are going to starve right?" Skylar digs through my kitchen.

"So I've been told," I sit at the bar.

"You might have to use your Jade magic because I'm not picturing any type of meal here." She says.

"Move, you just need a little creativity," I get up to look.

She moves and lets me look and I pull out a bunch of random ingredients.

"And what are you making with that?" she asks.

"Watch and learn."

Using old lettuce, spinach, half a tomato, some garlic, lemon, feta cheese, baby carrots, three corn tortillas, and some shredded cheese I make some veggie tacos. No meat, only vegetables. I top it off with some sour cream and balsamic vinegar dressing.

"Here, stuff this in your mouth and eat it," I hand her one.

She eyes me skeptically.

"Go on," I urge.

She sighs but takes a big bite.

As always her eyes get wide and she quickly chews in delight.

"Emm!" She says.

"Uh huh, still got it," I smirk before taking a bite myself.

Skylar is good at following recipes and making big meals but when it comes to whipping up something to eat on the fly, I'm the master. I make us some tea and we sit and eat in silence, listening to the rain hit the roof.

"Would you come with me?" Skylar asks out of nowhere.

"Hmm?" I look up from the tea I was about to sip.

"As a friend, would you go with me on my journey across the U.S.?"

My heart skips several beats.

"I mean, only if you want me to. I don't want to force myself on you." I say.

"So you would come?"

"Of course I would, that sounds so fucking fun. Way better than being stuck in here all year." I say.

"Well, we would be driving the whole time, and even hiking and walking, or running in harsh weather. I mean have you ever seen summer in Texas?" Skylar asks. "Plus, I'd vlog the whole thing. Could you see yourself camping with no AC or accessible restroom?"

"I want to do it, that all sounds so fun, like an adventure. I mean, if you want me to come. I mean, of course, I would like to come but if you don't want me to, I completely understand. I don't want to—"

"I want you to, but only as a friend. My best friend." She says.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I ask.

"I don't want to do it alone, I think that would be scary and might make everything worse. Plus I don't have any money and can't picture Aphrodite, the queen of glam, in a tent by the roadside."

We both laugh.

"So you want me for my money huh," I tease.

"Well if one best friend is rich, she has to share the wealth. Them's the rules," Skylar shrugs.

"You ass," I playfully push her.

"Plus, you're off a whole year anyway, not like you have anything else to do. So, why not? You and me, best friends on an adventure. What do you say?"

"Yes, hell yes. Let's do it, when do we leave? What do I pack? Should I rent an RV? When you say roadside, are we talking about sketchy truck stops? Do I need life insurance?" I ask.

She laughs.

"Skylar I'm serious," I pout.

"I know, give me a few days to work out the details. Okay?"

"Okay, but you better not back out. I'm all excited now." I say giddy with glee.

Me and Skylar, on an adventure. I like the sound of that.

"And remember, only as friends. No kissing or anything like that." Skylar says.

"Tell that to yourself, you are the one who caved first last night," I whack her with a couch pillow.

She giggles.

We sit and finish eating in silence, two big smiles on both of our faces.

"Okay, I should probably head home," Skylar says as we clean up the plates.

"I bet the party pooper patrol is still out there," I peek out the window.

"Then let's give him the money shot." She opens the door.

It's pouring down outside.

"Are you sure you want to leave now? Just wait until it stops raining," I grab her wrist to stop her from leaving.

"Uh, have you seen the forecast? It's supposed to get worse and rain all day tomorrow too." She says.

"So," I pull her closer to me.

She shakes her head and smirks.

Stay.

Here.

With me.

Forever.

She pulls away. I sigh and look out at the rain in disappointment. Boundaries, I guess I will have to get used to them. Skylar needs her space, down Jade, down. Just friends. Best friends.

I can do just friends.

No problem.

Easy peasy.

Skylar grabs my hand. I look up at her, then before I can say or do anything she jerks me forward, out the front door, into the rain.

"Skylar!" I gasp as the cold water pelts me.

She laughs.

"You are so getting it!" I chase her around the driveway.

"You have to catch me first!" She taunts.

"Skylar!"

She's fast, but I'm clever. I make her think she has the upper hand when she runs around to the other side of the car, but then I pull a fast one and slide over the hood and tackle her to the ground.

She laughs, we are both soaked now.

"I got you!" I tickle her.

"Ah! Jade!" she laughs.

She splashes water in my face and gets up and runs away. I chase her into the street and the two of us play in the rain like a couple of children. Skylar picks me up and slams me down into a big puddle, knocking the wind out of me.

"Ass!" I laugh.

"I win," she declares.

We both laugh.

A nearby strike of lightning causes us both to flinch.

"Come on, let's get inside," I pull her back into the house with me, but not before I flip off the photog who was eating that all up.

Skylar laughs.

My heart is racing, a warmness spreading throughout my entire being. Something I haven't felt in a long time. I watch Skylar talk about how it's fun to just be spontaneous every now and then, her words blurring together as tears fill my eyes, blending with the rain dripping down my skin.

I love her.

I love her smile, her laugh when she looks at me with those sky-blue eyes. I love her with every fiber of my being. I take a deep and steady breath, calm down Jade. She's finally letting you back in. Don't blow it. Don't rush in, guns blazing like you always do. Let's take it slow this time.

Let's fall in love all over again. Let's be friends. Let's have fun and enjoy our lives like we are supposed to. No work, no school, just us, together, on a never-ending adventure. This is your chance, don't mess it up. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805 33 34
Sophronia Nolan, sixteen, honors student. This is me, the definition of my life and who I always strive to be. But, that's kinda hard when you have s...
152K 8.3K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
367K 9.6K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
4K 378 46
A passionate and heartwarming story taking place in college between two lost souls finding unconditional love together. They give each other their he...