Like Real People Do - Jill Ro...

By 12376l

Younger sister of Alexia Putellas, Hunter, has always been devoted to football. She follows in her sister's f... More

Introduction
Soundtrack
I Need Your Help!
Instead They Adored Her
It Will Always Be You
Nice Suit
More Challenging For Some Than Others
That Was The Chance
Someone's A Little Biased
You're My Savior
You Were Staring
And I Passed
It's Nothing
You're All Grown Up
String Of Gold
We Need To Go
It Happened Again
I'm Sorry
I've Got No One?
Mirrorball
I'm Not Listening To This
You Were Right
Promise Me One Thing
Except One Person Remained Silent
Home Is Always Going To Be Home
Home
It Wasn't Even A Question
The Ocean Had Stilled
That's When It Happened
That's Not Fair
Time
We'll Make Sure She Sees It
I Thought The Light Had Died
Those Wounds Wouldn't Heal
You Were Right
I Was Staring At A Stranger
Well She Loves You
That Was A Private Conversation
She Made My Soul Happy
That's My Girl
How Quickly Life Can Flip
You'll Be Okay
I Don't Want To Be Alone
More Than You Already Know
I Had Two Options
That Sounds Like A Bigger Regret
Relief In Giving Into The Destruction
And There She Goes
Find Some Common Ground
Space From What?
Everything Wasn't A Label
My Place In The World
Deliciosa
Very Public Secret
Two Opposites
Now It Was My Turn To Be Strong
Whatever Will Be Will Be
I Trust You
Always To Be Remembered
Just This Once
She's The One
Real Or Not Real?
Trying To Hold On
Get Her Out Of Here
What's Wrong?
Someone's In A Mood
We've All Earnt It
Don't Be Seen
You're Safe With Me
I Just Want To Help Her
I Remember The First Time I Saw Him
But Then I Heard The Sirens
It Meant Something
One Single Look
I Have To Go
Clear My Mind
The Highs And Lows
Nothing Mattered
You're A Character
She Was Gone
The Truth Of Reality
It Will Be For Nana
The Highest My Career Ever Soared
It Will Go On Forever
Future Of Something In Nothing
Anything Meant Everything
I Was The Problem
The Lie They'd Want To Believe
I Didn't Miss Me
Without Words
You Won't Loose Me
To Be Nothing
I Wasn't Enough
I Prayed
Because I Know You
Neither Of Us Were Enough
Her Or I
Stay, Don't Go
To Save us
I'd Be An Awful Ghost
Eyes Of Red
We're Going Home
A Girl Like The Wind
Everything Flashed Before My Eyes
She'd Been Strong
Something
Everything But Hatred
This Is For The Best
Very Different Lives
Free From That Box

Can You Stay?

3.2K 112 15
By 12376l

TW: alcohol consumption

Jill's POV

From the minute that Leah walked in without Hunter, a little knot formed in my chest just making breathing that slight bit more of a challenge; like a hurdle you had to overcome with every inhale, then again with every exhale. 
Though Leah looked fine, seeming happier than she did at dinner as she sat besides Jordan and whispered something in her ear. Jordan smiled, pulling the blonde into a hug and both of them seemed at peace.

I wondered if I should go and find Hunter but I figured to give her a couple of minutes.

I always felt stranded between seeming overbearing and then not wanting Hunter to feel alone; like if I was always too close, I'd crowd Hunter, but if I never followed, she'd think I wasn't there.

Just as I'd finally decided to look for her, she walked right in, glass of coke in hand and a forced yet wide smile on her face, though to everyone else, it probably looked completely genuine. 

"Who's winning?" Hunter asked.

Beth pointed proudly to Danielle, "This one here."

"Not for long though," Leah chuckled. 

Hunter rolled her eyes, "Oh you need to deflate that ego of yours," She joked. Now I knew that Hunter and Leah hadn't fallen out, so what was it? 

Hunter sat besides me, though leaving a gap between us, I tapped her hand, "You okay?" I mouthed.

She nodded, "I'm fine."

"Really?" I quietly checked, the worry building up because I felt something was being hidden from me. 

"I'm good," Hunter quickly answered and then turned her attention back to the game, giving me the hint that she wasn't in the mood to talk. 

Charades continued, everyone bending over in fits of laughter as we all failed, apart from Jen who was surprisingly talented at the game. 
Finally it was Hunter's turn, she'd suddenly switched into a searingly high mood, it caught me a little off guard though I guessed it was better than tears and shouting. 

Hunter stood up, a little unbalanced like usual, and walked into the center of the room, the stage as she'd probably have called it. She picked up the paper and scoffed, "Easy," she commented. 

"Go on then," Leah chuckled, almost setting her to a challenge. 

Hunter sarcastically smiled at the blonde, before getting into the game she begun to think and then seemingly settled on her choice. Hunter held her arms up, looking like a complete fool and then quietly roared. 

Uproar was then created in the room, "You can't make noises!" Leah called, everyone being far too competitive. 

I just chuckled as Hunter realized her mistake.

Then there was a quiet voice of disbelief, "It's the Gunnersaurus," Jordan guessed.

We all slowly turned, our jaws hanging ajar.

Leah chuckled, a noise full of surprise, pulling Jordan into a tight hug, "Yes Jords!" She cheered. 

Even if people had missed out on points, everyone began to clap for the poor girl who hadn't guessed a single thing right the entire night. 

Hunter threw her arms up in the air, bounding towards Jordan before joining in on the hug and patting the girl on the back, "Finally someone on my level."

Jordan smiled, a little unsure as to why she was receiving such a congratulations for one correct guess, "Thanks guys," She nodded, a little dazed.

After a few more rounds of charades we all begun to grow tired, it was begining to get late. 
Though I looked to Hunter who looked completely out of it, her eyes almost watering as she laughed at Beth's awful attempt to act out the iconic Titanic scene alone. 

Beth collapsed back onto the chair, "I'm exhausted," she yawned.

"Me too," Lisa raised her hand. 

Kim looked to her watch, "I should probably get going, early morning tomorrow."

"But we have a few days off," Hunter suddenly spoke, her voice had a strange ring to it. 

"Jen and I are going brunch," Kim explained why she couldn't stay out too late. 

Hunter nodded, "Okay well night everyone."

It was a slightly strange conclusion to the night because not everyone was ready to leave but that was our queue. 
Everyone got up, saying a big goodbye to Nana and every one of us hugging her; she seemed to be a core part of the Arsenal family. Then most people left after Nana had gone up to bed. 

I went and stood by Hunter as Jordan and Leah were leaving; they had a lunch booked so decided to stay together at Jordan's. 

"You sure you're okay with it?" Leah asked Hunter, I had no clue what about though.

Hunter nodded, though I saw a different story in her eyes, "I'm happy for you guys."

"You promise?" Leah raised her eyebrows.

"Yes!" Hunter seemed tired of answering the same thing over and over, "I'm so happy for you two so go home and I'll see you soon."

"Okay, thankyou," Leah pulled Hunter into a tight hug, though I saw worry in her eyes, she wasn't certain about Hunters answer but I was; I knew it was a lie.

Jordan then brought Hunter into a hug, "Thanks for a great night Hunts."

"Thanks for being on the same level as me," the brunette laughed.

The two of them left and then it was just Hunter and I left standing in the hallway. Hunter was still facing the door, almost as if she was missing the people who'd just left, hoping that if she stared at the door, they might return. 

"Hunts," I began.

Hunter cut me off, "Can you stay Jill?" She asked, her voice shaky. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, so confused as to what had happened, "Of course," I immediately answered, pulling her into a hug, "What happened?"

Hunter began to sob into my chest then she begun to shake her head, pulling her body from my arms, "You should go," She told me. 

I was confused; one second she asked me to stay and the next to leave. "What?"

Hunter continued shaking her head, "It's not fair for you to deal with my problems Jill, you should go home and I'll see you tomorrow."

I furrowed my eyebrows, hating being pushed away, "I don't have to deal with your problems but I'm always going to be here for you."

Hunter looked up at me, a tear rolling down her cheek and eyes of glass, "But that's not fair."

It hurt to see her like this, especially when I didn't know why, "It's not fair for you to go through it alone."

Hunter didn't reply, she just looked to the floor. 

"I'm staying," I told her, "I'm here. I'm here for you."

Hunter sniffed, "You're too good to me."

I shook my head, gently pulling her into a hug again, running my fingers through her hair, "No, I just care."

For a few minutes we stood there in the silence, every scenario possible running through my mind until Hunter spoke up again, "This is lovely and all but my foot hurts to stand for so long."

"Oh of course," I practically jumped, "You go upstairs and I'll make us a hot drink, yeah?"

Hunter nodded, "Thankyou Jill."

I shook my head, "Nothing to thank me for."

Hunter looked as if she wanted to argue against my point but was far too exhausted, she hobbled up the stairs and I was left standing in the hallway with a million questions again. Why did this girl always leave me with so many questions?

Though to answer one of them, I walked back into the lounge, looking to find that glass of coke. I picked up Hunter's drink, taking a sip and my fear being proven correct. Vodka. A very, very strong vodka coke to the point my entire face scrunched up; god knows how Hunter drunk it all night with a straight face.

The drink worried me, I don't know why, but it worried me. Something felt unnatural about it, hidden away and a secret. Maybe it was hidden just cause alcohol wasn't technically allowed at team game nights, but something felt sinister.

____________

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

ok so you guys get to decide this (two options...)

so in order for the next part of the plot to come, I need to do something (not involving their relationship don't worry) but would you rather I string it out and make some (rather useless) chapters or get straight to the point.

I think straight to the point would be better but I don't want to overload the stuff that's happening. 

also I'll probably listen to the first few who reply because I kind of want to write it tonight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 4.5K 50
Lioness captain, Leah Williamson, is finally heading off to Ibiza after coming off a Euros win. She's there with some of her closest friends, who enc...
388K 14.7K 63
BOOK ONE OF THE HOLD ME CLOSE UNIVERSE Fleur de Voss is good at what she does. It shows from her caps for the Dutch national team, to the fact that B...
166K 8.9K 51
Alana Foden, and her sister Gabby, transfer to Barcelona and somehow before she's even arrived in the city, an enemy has already been made, after a c...
38.8K 1.2K 20
Ona Taylor, a twenty-three year old Argentinian, is expected to be next big thing. Currently playing for OL Reign, Ona has everything she had dreamed...