Movies // Scarlett x Daughter...

By idkwhatimdoininlife

Lexie Reid lands a role in the newest Marvel movie and very quickly becomes attached to one particular person... More

chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
chapter 41.
chapter 42.
chapter 43.
chapter 44.
chapter 45.
chapter 46.
chapter 47.
chapter 48.
chapter 49.
chapter 50.
part two & face claims
chapter 51.
chapter 52.
chapter 53.
chapter 54.
chapter 55.
chapter 56.
chapter 57.
chapter 58.
chapter 59.
chapter 60.
chapter 61.
chapter 62.
chapter 63.
chapter 64.
chapter 65.
chapter 66.
chapter 67.
chapter 68.
chapter 69.
chapter 70.
chapter 72.
chapter 73.
chapter 74.
chapter 75.
chapter 76.
chapter 77.
chapter 78.
chapter 79.
chapter 80.
part 3
MADISON VALE

chapter 71.

3.4K 152 112
By idkwhatimdoininlife

The Next Day

Lexie:
I quite obviously couldn't go to school today due to the fact I'm still sitting in a hospital bed. I get to go home this evening though which I am very much looking forward too.

Dad came in this morning after dropping Rose at school and Cosmo at my grandparents for the day. The three of us have been watching whatever terrible movies they have playing on the tv for majority of the morning and discussing the plan for Atlanta.

They're both now skeptical about me staying with Lizzie for the final week which I can understand, but they said that they'll see how I go for the next couple of weeks and decide a few days prior because if worse comes to worse, one of them will move their work around.

Annie messaged me to ask if I was alright. I just told her that I was taking a few days off for my mental health, not ready to go into any details of what happened.
Ivy messaged me too asking the same thing.

I still haven't heard a word from Addy.

I've tried not to think about it though. At least not too much.

"Can we go get some food? I'm hungry." My question obviously takes my parents by surprise. It's been a long time since I've willingly wanted to eat, but my stomach is growling at me. Besides, it's midday now and I need an excuse to get out of this room.

"Sure," Mom nods.

We both get up from the bed, I fix up the scrubs I've been too lazy to change out of and throw on my Dad's jacket before taking her hand as the three of us make our way day to the cafeteria.

"Oh wait, I need my phone," I remember, quickly running back into the room and getting it.

As we get into the elevator, I lean against the wall, resting my head on Dad's shoulder whilst grabbing ahold of Mom's hand again.

"I wanna dye my hair," I decide. 

They both look down at me, Mom quirking an eyebrow. "What?"
"Nothing," she giggles, "it was just so random."

"What colour would you go?" Dad questions. "Probably blonde," I shrug, "I'll finally have an excuse for all my dumb blonde moments."

"Ah excuse me, missy. Look at who you're talking to," Mom jokes, a smirk resting on her lips.

"Sorry, didn't mean to stereotype you. You're the smartest blonde I know," I assure you, patting her head with a shit-eating grin on my face.

When we get to the cafeteria, Dad goes over to save a table since it's a busy time of day whilst Mom and I go up to order something.

"Wow, their options suck," I state, looking at the very limited food choices. "It's a hospital, what did you expect?" She chuckles, rubbing her hand on my back firmly as she holds me close.

"True," I agree. "I'm just going to get the chicken salad."

Whilst I am going to eat, it doesn't mean I'm going to be adventurous with my choices so sticking to a salad seems like the safest way to go.

When I pick up the recyclable container that holds the food, I look underneath for the nutrition information but before I can even get a glance, Mom places her hand in the way and takes it from me with a knowing look.

I send her a glare before she picks something out for herself and Dad. After paying we make our way over to the table.

Mom rips the nutrition sticker off the bottom of my salad before passing it to me as well as a bottle of water.

"Thank you," I send her a small smile.

"Can we have a movie night when we get home?" I question hopefully. "As long as you don't make me watch all the Barbie movies, then absolutely," Dad jokes. My little sister has still not left her Barbie phase and she literally forces my parents to sit down and watch with her.

"No, I won't make you watch Barbie. I was thinking Minions," I admit. Mom gets the fact that I'm very obviously joking. He however is a little slow.

"I'm kidding," I assure him, laughing.

__

Five hours later I was discharged. Mom had left a couple hours beforehand to get my little sister from school, so it was just Dad and I on the drive home.

Being as exhausted as I am, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep within the first few minutes of the drive and didn't wake up again until we were pulling up into our driveway.

"Hey kiddo," Dad smiles, turning the engine off. "Hi," I mumble, stretching in my seat as my body adjusts to being awake. "I think you missed a couple of calls," he informs me, gesturing to my phone that's resting on the centre console.

I frown, reaching for my phone to see that I have in fact missed two calls and a message from my girlfriend.

Addy: Are you okay? Can I come and see you?

I didn't tell her I was in the hospital, or 'sick' like I told Annie and Ivy, but she must have found out through them anyway.

"I'll answer when I get inside," I tell Dad to which he nods, stepping out the car. "Thank you for um, bringing my car back," I add, gesturing to my parked car beside his. "Of course," he smiles gently, walking around the front of the car to pull me into a side hug as we make our way inside.

"Lexie!" My little sister comes running up to the door with her arms wide open. "Hi Rosie," I smile, lifting her up into my arms, wincing a little as she grabs ahold of my forearm. "Did I hurt you?" She questions worriedly. "No, you're okay," I assure her, pressing my lips against her cheek.

"Did you have a good day at school?" I ask, walking us both into the living room where Mom is sat with Cosmo on her lap. "I did," she nods, a wide smile on her lips.

"Hi Mama," I say, sitting beside her whilst Rose still clings on to me. "Hi my sweet girl," she says, kissing my forehead. "How are you feeling?
"I'm alright actually," I admit honestly, "just tired."

"Hi Cosmo," I acknowledge my little brother, tickling his neck slightly. "Hi," he says, happily playing with his toys. He's two now and whilst his talking is fairly good, he doesn't know how to say my name properly yet.

"I'm gonna go up and have a shower, I feel gross," I decide, moving Rose of off my lap before getting up.

As I get out of my room, I unlock my phone to message Addy back.
Me: I'm just about to shower. You can come over in an hour?

It doesn't take her more than a few seconds to respond.
Addy: okay, thank you. I'll see you soon.

I like the message before putting my phone on its charger and taking a pair of pyjamas out.

"How are you holding up, really?" The sound of my Mom's voice startles me as I look up from the drawers.

I take a deep breath and a moment to think about it before answering. "It's weird, because I feel like I'm at one of the lowest points I've ever been but I suddenly have all this motivation to get myself out of this place. When I was on that bridge last night I knew I felt like I had to die because there was no way out, but I didn't want to die, because that meant I was going to have to leave behind everything good in my life behind and even though it's hard to see the good sometimes, I knew that it existed still. I mean yes, a part of me obviously wanted to do it but I just had a feeling that it wasn't my time. Granted, if Olivia didn't show up it might have been, but...I don't know if any of that makes sense. I'm just rambling sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you can continue on," she assures me, sitting on the end of my bed.

"Well, I don't know," I shrug, "it's hard to explain, I think. But I'm glad I didn't do it."

Mom smiles lightly, "me too."

"Right, I'm gonna have a shower because I smell like a hospital," I state. "Can you leave door unlocked please?" She questions. "What? Why?"
"Because I need to be able to come in there if something happens."
"I'm not going to hurt myself, Mom," I tell her, sighing.

"It's part of them discharging you from the hospital. I gotta keep an eye on you at all times," she explains. "What? So I'm on suicide watch now?"
She purses her lips together, taking a deep breath. "Sorry, honey."

__________
Thank you for 180k reads!

I'm actually going to miss writing this book so much once's it over, but I've started my next book which I'm excited to publishhhh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 7.8K 150
Rhislette and her twin brother Harrison were given to a family when they were 1 and a half. Except that adoption never went thru. When Scarlett and...
84.6K 3K 36
while one of them forgot the other existed, the other never forgot the other's existence. all similarities to other stories are probably coincidental...
23.7K 841 64
Amelia Stark, one of Tony Stark's twins who were taken when they were just 6 years old, after 12 years of being held captive and enduring terrible th...
191K 4.1K 39
Can a one night stand with a old friend lead to something different years later? The secrete Of Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson's one night comes...