Never Say Never

By LexiRein

(Completed)Book 5 of the It Just Happened Series. (This can be read as a stand-alone book, however there is m... More

Important Announcement
Prologue
1. First Impressions
2. Letting Loose
3. Too Many Emotions
4. Morning After
5. Need To Forget
6. Go Fuck Yourself!
7. I Don't Like This
8. I'm So Screwed
9. The Offer
10. No Distractions
11. Let It Rip!
12. Oscar the Grouch
14. Getting Educated
15. Bye Bitch!
16. Add It to The List
17. Apologies & Desire
18. Feel
19. Bite Me in the Ass
20. Tease and Torture
21. Tension
22. Out of Control
23. Desire
24. Comfort
25. Who's Your F*cking Alpha!
26. It's All a Lie
27. Chaos
28. A Warning
29. You Have No Idea
30. Tell Him Off
31. Business to Attend to
32. I'm Sorry
33. Tell Me
34. Road Trip Games
35. I Just Fucking Know It
36. Too Much
37. Say It
38. I'm a Coward
39. I Will Destroy You
40. Not in the Cards
41. I Know
42. This Day Will Haunt Us
43. Breakdown
44. It Should Have Been Me
45. I Should Have Never
46. In Time
47. Pretending
48. Taste the Rainbow
49. Truth
50. Turmoil
51. Not What They Appear to Be
52. Something's Not Right
53. Deal with the Devil
54. Time to Heal
55. Pins and Needles
56. Know It...Feel It
57. I Need to Tell Him
58. We'll Fix This
59. Deliver Me from Hell
60. Why?
61. Never Be the Same
62. This is on You!
63. Give Me Time
64. Ghosts from the Past
65. Time to Die!
66. Heart to Heart
67. Distance & Realization
68. Moving On
69. In Control
Epilogue

13. I Don't Know

153 16 4
By LexiRein

                                                                                     J O S H

"I would get you set up in a room with two beds, but we are booked solid right now." Lucas says as he pulls into the underground parking lot.

"It's fine." Ryder says for the first time since we left the airport. "I have the condo still." Once Lucas parks, he looks at Ryder like he lost his mind. I look between the two confused. If he has a condo, why would he stay in the hotel? "I haven't been able to sell it yet." He shrugs as he gets out of the vehicle, and I stumble out as well.

"I hope you got all the holes patched up. Can't sell it if it is still the way you left it."

Holes. What holes? I see Ryder glare at Lucas, but it doesn't even phase the man.

"It's fixed." Is all he says as he aggressively gets our luggage out and slams the door. He marches away as Lucas walks with me. 

"His ex-girlfriend, they were toxic for each other. that woman has a temper and well you know how Ryder can be." Yeah, I am learning that quickly. We make it inside and Ryder realizes that he should have stayed by my side if he is supposed to be my "bodyguard." I can see the apology in his eyes, but he doesn't say anything. "Well, it's late if you need anything let me know. We will start with your whole working as Jax's assistant in a few days once you get settled." I nod my head as a yawn escapes me. 

"Thanks Lucas." Ryder keeps the passive look on his face as he shakes his hand like it's a business deal, instead of two friends being there for each other. Lucas sighs and gives him a slight smile. "Anytime man, you know I'm here for you. Like you were there for me back in college." Ryder nods his head but doesn't say anything else.

"Good luck with him. I don't know what happened to him on his last tour, but he came back different. That's not the Ryder I know." He whispers in my ear as he clasps his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, I think I will need it." He chuckles as he walks off and Ryder waits impatiently for me.

We walk in silence as we make it to the elevator and I hesitantly step inside. I hate these things and I rather take the stairs any time. I try to keep my breathing even, but I can tell that even Ryder notices my discomfort.

"You okay?" I can tell it took everything in him to ask that. I don't even answer him, fidgeting with my hands to distract me. The elevator jolts for a brief moment but it is enough to make me shriek and climb up him like a damn spider monkey. 

"I don't want to be trapped in here." I bury my face into his neck and cling onto him for dear life as the bastard chuckles at my discomfort. "It's nothing." he laughs some more, and I jump out of his hold and glare at him. This is not funny at all. This a real fear and I know I'm not the only one that has this damn fear.

"Don't worry Josh, I will protect you from the big bad elevator." He laughs some more and any other time I would be happy that he is laughing but not now. I hit his chest hard and push him against the wall.

"Go fuck yourself Ryder!" The elevator doors open, and I rush out of there. I don't even know if this is the right floor, but I don't care when I take in a deep breath. The elevator doors close before he can get out. "Shit!" I hear him say before he is gone. I remember that he was on the same floor as Kat and I were, so when I look at the number, I know I got two more floors to go.

I make way to the stairway and start walking up. It is eerily quiet as I make the ascend to the twelfth floor. As I get closer to the eleventh floor, I hear a door slam shut.

"Hello" 

I look back but don't see anything and shrug off the feeling I am getting. I am still angry at Ryder for making fun of me. Why do I even like the dickhead? God only knows why I do, but if he keeps this up I probably won't for long. Maybe that's a good thing. I hear footsteps but when I turn around no one is there.

I quicken my steps because all the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck is standing on end. I believe that right there in itself is not a good sign. I do not look back as I move faster and hear the steps getting closer. I stop for a split second, but the sound stops too. 

"You're just being paranoid." I mutter under my breath as I start moving again, but then I hear them again. "Oh, fuck this!" I run all the way up to the twelfth floor and feel like I am ripping the door off the hinges. I swing it open harshly. I run smack into a hard chest and almost groan in pain when I feel his arms wrap around me. "Scared of the stairs too." He chuckles but when he feels me trembling all joking stops and pulls me back to look at his face.

"What happened?"

"I think someone was there." I shake my head because I am not one hundred percent sure. "Take this and go to the room." He hands me his key card. "Do not open it until you hear my voice." He pushes me towards the hall as he disappears into the stairwell. I do as he says and slam the door behind me and slide down it until my ass is firmly planted on the carpet.

I don't know how long he was gone but it felt like way too long for my liking when I finally hear his voice.

"Open up, it's me." I spring up and open the door and he walks in shaking his head. "I didn't see anything."

"I swear I..." Maybe it was nothing and I was just scared. I just don't know right now. "Maybe it was nothing. I'm sorry." I put my head down but he raises my chin with his index finger and thumb so close to my lips I could just lick it. 

Shit Josh! Now is not the time for that.

"It might not have been, we don't know. Don't do that shit again." I nod my head as he lingers with his fingers on me for a moment before he snaps out of it and steps back. "I'm taking a shower it's late. Go ahead and take the bed." I look around and see that there is queen size bed and a couch with a kitchenette nothing extravagant but still well put together to make it look luxurious. The room is spacious, and I can see the balcony from here.

"I'm not letting you sleep on the couch Ryder. We can share the bed. I promise to keep my hands to myself." Hopefully. He walks over to his bag and pulls out some clothes as he walks towards the bathroom. Just when I think he is going to say something he just walks in and shuts the door. I pull the curtains back and look out at the balcony. It is a lovely view, but I am so tired right now that I can't admire the scenery right now.

I close the curtains and walk over to my suitcase to grab some clothes and I have my shirt halfway over my head as I hear the door open. I lift the shirt off and I swear I have to wipe the drool off the side of my mouth. Water dripping from his chiseled chest and his shorts hung low that I can see his prominent V-line. When I meet his eyes, I see that he is stand frozen, but his eyes are not on me they are on my bare chest. Is he checking me out? No, that can't be, it's all in my head. I feel naked under his scrutinizing eyes, if he keeps this up, I will be hard as a damn rock. 

I grab my shorts and push past him and slam the bathroom door shut. I look in the mirror and take a deep breath. This wasn't awkward the last time I was with him so why is it now. I turn the faucet on and splash cold water on my face. 

"I can do this." I change my clothes and take a deep breath as I step out of the bathroom. Hot damn does he look sexy as hell laying on the bed all relaxed for once since we left the plane.

Can I please just crawl my way up his body, and have my way with him?

I make my way over to the couch and go to lay down when his head pops up. "You're not sleeping on the couch. You are too big for it." He smirks and I wonder why he is in a good mood all of the sudden, I swear this man is Jekyll and Hyde half the time. There is no way in hell I am going on that bed because I swear if I wake up and my ass is pressed against him, there is no telling what I might do.

"I'm good."

"Joshua Harlan." Fuck those damn tingles climb up my spine I swear he knows what that does to me. "You either get over here or I will throw your ass in this bed."

Oh, yes. throw me, pound into me, have your fucking way with me Cowboy. Fuck this is not good at all. My dick is springing to life as we speak.

"You know what I am going to take a shower." I rush out of the room and straight into the bathroom. I turn the setting of the shower on cold, strip and jump right in. I almost yelp at how cold it is but I am grateful for when my problem starts to go down. I rest my head against the wall as the water cascades down my body. Maybe I can just sleep in here for the night. It wouldn't be so bad...right. 

Who the hell am I kidding he would just manhandle me out of here and toss me in that bed. My dick springs to life at just the thought of that possibly happening.

"Oh, for the love of all that's holy!" I groan as I slam my hand against the wall.

I'm so fucked! I don't know how long I can do this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 10.4K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
5.1M 213K 145
Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He fights his teachers, his father, and he figh...
10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...
48.9K 1.5K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...