Attention Truelove

By mcandr1

Picking up right after the events of Attention Runner Up Jade and Skylar struggle to make their relationship... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 28

112 8 3
By mcandr1

POV: Jade

"You've got to be kidding me Kenzie, these dresses?" I hold the ugly bridesmaid dress.

"What! I like it," she pouts.

"Kenzie, your wife-to-be is stinking rich, you can do better." I shake my head.

"Jade," she pouts.

"How's it coming in here?" Darleen pulls the curtain back to peek in at us as we look at dress options.

"Darleen, are you serious!?" I show her the dress.

"What?"

"I'm surrounded by tasteless imbeciles." I sigh.

"Okay drama queen, that's why you're here. To help us." Darleen rolled her eyes.

"Help me please, I don't know what I'm doing!" Kenzie begged.

"It's either you or my aunt, somehow you were the better option." Darleen shudders.

"I don't even know if I want to be the maid of honor anymore. Isn't it going to be awkward to have Skylar and me standing next to each other after everything?" I set the dress down.

"Well, you won't have to worry about that," Kenzie says cautiously.

"Why?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Because," Darleen sighs. "Skylar dis-invited herself to our wedding. Saying it was better for everyone."

"What!?"

"Jade just let her be, she's been through enough. If she's not ready, she's not ready. Besides we still have weeks until the wedding, maybe she'll change her mind." Kenzie shrugs.

I sigh.

"Have you heard from her since..." Darleen asks.

"No... she doesn't want to talk to me." I plop down on the bench.

"She's just focused on her recovery. She has a lot going on. Mom told me that Skylar's mom said she lost her scholarship because of her slipping grades. And she lost her spot on the track team. She's barely keeping afloat. Skylar has a lot going on, I heard she even got a job." Kenzie said.

That just makes me worry ten times more.

I wish she would just talk to me.

"How are things with Andrea?" Kenzie changes the subject.

"Okay," I smile.

"Just okay?"

"Uh... good?" I said confused.

"Just good?"

"What's wrong with good and okay?" I cross my arms.

"Well, you never gush about her. You never bring her around." Kenzie points out.

"She's high profile, we aren't really that serious yet." I defend myself.

"Ah, I get it," Darleen says.

I eye her.

"You don't want to bring her around your lame and not famous family."

"No!" I say too quickly.

"Jade." Kenzie eyes me.

"Maybe..." I mumble.

"Jade," Kenzie sighs.

"It's high stakes okay, I'm just trying to keep it casual between us. Build it up. Andrea is... is actually pretty cool, and sweet, and maybe I kind of really like her. I just... I don't want to scare her away with everything. Our family is not so secretly biased towards Skylar, what if they don't like her?" I ask.

"She is a freaking famous actress, are you kidding me, we'll love her! I want her autograph." Kenzie says.

I narrow my eyes at her.

"What! Sue me." Kenzie pouts.

"How are we related?" I sigh before looking at the ugly dress options again.

Darleen chuckles.

"You never invite me to your cool famous people parties." Kenzie pouts.

"Because you call them famous people parties, hello," I shake my head.

"Jerk," she pouts.

"Okay, these are all terrible." I give up.

"Jade," she whines.

"Terrible, I can't be seen in this. No way. What's your dress look like?" I ask.

"Uh..."

"Well?"

"We kind of haven't gotten to that part yet," Kenzie admits.

"What!? Your wedding is a few weeks and you don't have a dress!? Okay, what are you wearing?" I turn to Darleen.

She shrugs.

"Ah! Nightmare! No! Okay, don't panic, we still have time. I know a girl, she designs all my red carpet looks." I pull out my phone.

Kenzie giggles.

"No time for laughter!" I press call.

She and Darleen chuckle.

"Hey! Yeah, uh huh, uh huh. I know, I'm sorry. Oh for sure, but actually why I called you is because I need a favor. Please, please, please!" I beg on the phone.

Kenzie and Darleen share a look.

"Could you possibly design my cousin and her wife's wedding looks?" I cross my fingers.

She's always booked out for the year.

"You will!? Ah! Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll get the whole mood board sent over. I'll have them come in for fittings. You're the best. Love yah, chow." I make a kissy sound before hanging up.

"Chow?" Kenzie smirks.

"Oh shut up, I just booked you an appointment with the one and only Evangelina Debreon."

"Shut up, shut up!" Kenzie squeals in excitement.

"Who?" Darleen asks.

"Ugh, tasteless," I shake my head. "she's only the hottest up-and-coming designer in the world!" I say.

"She designed the first lady's dress for the white house portrait," Kenzie said.

"Wow, and you know her?" Darleen eyes me in surprise.

"Met her at a party once, she's so cool in real life. She said she loved my eyes and then designed that killer dress for the teen choice awards. Been working with her ever since." I shrug.

"Ah! I have the coolest cousin ever!" Kenzie tackled me in a hug.

"Glad you finally appreciate my awesomeness." I gloat.

"Oh brother," Darleen rolls her eyes.

"Knock knock," the curtain moves and Andrea pokes her head in.

"Andrea! What are you doing here!?" I hide the ugly dresses in embarrassment.

"Thought I'd surprise you. You said you might die of boredom with your cousin, so I thought I'd make it interesting," she smirks.

"You said what now?" Kenzie says unamused.

"Uh Andrea, Kenzie in the flesh and this is Darleen, Kenzie's fiancée." I introduce them.

"Nice to finally put faces to the name Andrea shook their hands.

"Nice to finally meet you in person." Darleen smiled.

"What's that?" I indicate to the small bag in Andrea's hand.

"Oh, stopped and got your favorite on the way. The chocolate cupcake—"

"With the peanut butter filling and cream cheese frosting and a strawberry on top!?" I finish for her.

"Yes," she waves the bag in front of me.

"Give me give me give me!" I snag it from her.

She laughs.

"You are so weird," Kenzie shakes her head at me.

"Emm, god I fucking love you." I moan as I take a big bite.

"I fucking love you too," Andrea giggles before kissing my head.

"And you were worried we would embarrass you," Kenzie sighs.

Andrea laughs.

"Bite me," I glare at her before taking another bite.

"Okay, so what are we working with here?" Andrea picks up a dress.

It's silent for a second.

"It's uh... it's... unique." She says.

I laugh so hard I spit out cupcake chunks.

"Ew, Jade!" Kenzie complains.

"Don't worry Andrea, I saved them from this disaster and called in the help of Evangelina."

"Oooh, nice. She makes the most badass dresses, and they are so comfy too." She cooes.

"Seriously," Darleen grumbles as she flings cupcake chunks off herself.

"I need something to drink now, who's up for coffee?" I finish my cupcake.

"You're buying," Darleen grumbles.

"Deal," I move the curtain and get out of the little dressing room.

"Ah! Oh my god, it's Jade Tate and Andrea Ezar!" A bride-to-be who was looking at dresses squeals when she sees us.

Both Andrea and I let out a heavy sigh, we've been pretty good at avoiding fans and paparazzi for a while now.

"Can I get a picture, please?" The girl begs.

Her best friend is squealing in excitement to the side.

"Sorry, I'm not taking pictures now. Trying to stay off social media." I move to leave.

"Please, I won't post it. Swear. Please." She begs.

"Sorry, we have somewhere to be." Andrea moves past her.

"Ugh, don't let that psycho girl keep you off social media, you two are icons."

"What did you say," I turn to face her.

"Jade," Kenzie pulls me back.

"We're leaving now," Darleen pulls me towards the door.

"She should have just died, talk about embarrassing and desperate."

"Oh I know, that video, what a psycho" her friend laughs.

Oh hell no.

"Don't call her that!" I shout.

They flinch.

"Don't you ever call her that again!"

"Jade," Andrea pulls me back.

"Sorry," the girls mumble.

"Let's go now!" Kenzie shoves me out the door.

"Ugh!" I grunt in frustration. "What is wrong with people!?" I ask.

"Let it go babe," Andrea rubs my shoulder.

"People are stupid, ignore them. I do." Darleen says.

"Just let it go Jade," Kenzie says.

"See, this is why I quit social media. I can't stand people." I shake my head.

"Amen to that," Andrea agrees.

"Easy, easy, just blow it off. They don't know Skylar like we do. They are just stupid." Kenzie says.

I take a deep breath to calm myself.

"Come on, let's get coffee." Andrea pulls me into her arms.

I sigh, letting myself deflate in her arms.

No use getting worked up.

Andrea's right.

"Okay, fine. Sorry for blowing my lid. People just make me so mad sometimes." I say much calmer now.

"That's my girl," Andrea pecks me on the head.

Kenzie and Darleen share a look but say nothing.

The four of us get coffee to cool off.

I rest my head on Andrea's shoulder, she runs her fingers through my hair.

I like when she does that.

"Okay so back on topic, venues. Here are our choices." Kenzie lays out a folder with pictures.

Andrea picks up the photos and shows them to me.

"Bland, ew no, eh, Ooh!" I perk up and grab the last photo. "This is cute." I eye the lavender field with the lantern lights.

"With a little sprucing up, it could be so amazing." Andrea agrees.

"This one, for sure." I hand it back to Kenzie.

She smiles and looks at Darleen who smiles back.

"This one was our favorite too," Kenzie says.

"Oh with some cream hang downs—"

"And wooden accents." Andrea finishes.

"Yesss! Oh my god, I love it." I say.

"Okay, so we have the venue nailed down. Now, the most important, food." Kenzie hands me some menus.

"I'm impressed Kenz," I admit. "You are more organized than I thought you would be." I glance over the menus, and Andrea peeks over my shoulder.

"Blame Darleen's aunt! That woman is relentless! She wants it all in stone." Kenzie whines.

Darleen laughs.

"Well, as horrible as she may be. The woman has taste." I pick a menu and hand it back to Kenzie.

"I'll tell her you said so," Darleen snorts in amusement.

My phone ringing draws my attention, it's Aphrodite.

Why is she calling?

"Hello?" I answer.

"Have you heard from Skylar?" She asks.

"No, why? Is she okay?" I ask.

"I don't know..." Aphrodite sighs. "She's not answering me and she's missed her last two therapy sessions. Her mom called me, and now I'm calling you. No one's seen her in a few days. I'm just worried." She says.

"Well I'm with Kenzie and Darleen and they haven't heard from Skylar either."

"Damn it," she says.

"Wait, uh... fuck what was her name? Vina, no Vida! Vida, she and Skylar were close. I have her number. Try her."

"Oh thank god, send it to me," Aphrodite says before hanging up.

I scroll through my contacts before I find the number and send it.

"What's wrong?" Kenzie asks.

"Skylar's missing, again. And her mom is freaking out and calling us to see if we've heard from her. I just sent Aphrodite the number to a girl Skylar is friends with."

"Geez, that girl. She could at least be more considerate." Andrea sighs.

"Skylar's going through some stuff, cut her some slack," Kenzie says.

"When people do that kind of thing, it changes them. You have to give them air to figure themselves out all over again." Darleen says.

My phone buzzes with a text from Aphrodite,

'Found her, she's okay. Thanks, owe you one!'

I sigh, "She okay." I say. "With Vida."

Everyone sighs in relief.

A new text, 'Apparently she thought it was a good idea to drop everything and go snorkeling in the middle of the week (face palm emoji) she forgot her phone at home.' Aphrodite says.

That doesn't sound like Skylar at all.

She was the one who always remembered important dates and when to buy cat food and what time to pick me up from work. She never forgot anything. I'm so worried about her.

"Hey, she's okay. Stop worrying now." Andrea snaps me out of it.

"Right," I shake it off. "Sorry. Where were we?" I look back and Kenzie and Darleen.

They share a worried look before getting back on topic.

"Okay, so bridesmaids," Kenzie says.

She then goes on about Darleen's twin cousins and everything just sort of blurs together after that.

I wonder what it's like to go snorkeling... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 23.3K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...
9.1K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
272 27 19
Heads up the first chapters takes place in third person while the rest the place in a first person POV. Also this story will get hella dark just like...
1.7M 102K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...