Baker (Tom Hiddleston Story)

By tiredlaughter

Melissa is an immigrant single mother living in Atlanta. What happens when a famous actor walks into her bake... More

Author's Note
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19*
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24*
Chapter 25*
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29*
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33*
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42*
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50*
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53*
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67*
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80*
Chapter 81
Chapter 82*
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Cast Pt. 2
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 61

1.4K 56 2
By tiredlaughter

June 2020

"Mom can we talk to you for a second?" Daniel approached his mom with his sister by his side.

"Of course. Is everything okay?" Melissa saw that they looked nervous about whatever it was they wanted to talk to her about.

"We just wanted to talk to you about dad's Father's Day gift," Mia said nervously.

"Oh okay well what did you guys have in mind? Did you need my help? If you need some money I can give you guys a little bit," Melissa rambled.

"Mom can we we tell you what it is first," Mia chuckled. Melissa nodded at them to continue.

"We wanted to know what you thought about us uh- about us asking Tom to adopt us," Daniel said quietly. Daniel and Mia had talked extensively about this idea. Daniel was the one to bring it up to Mia and she admitted that she had been thinking about it since at least the wedding. Then once Melissa got pregnant, they knew for sure it was something they wanted to do. They figured Father's Day would be the perfect day to ask.

Melissa of course had tears running down her face. She knew her kids loved Tom but honestly the idea of adoption never even crossed her mind. "Oh wow," she cleared her throat. "I think that's a beautiful idea," she smiled through her tears. "But I want to make sure you guys are absolutely certain that this is what you want."

Mia and Daniel both gave each other a knowing look. "We're sure. We've been planning this since you told us you were pregnant," Daniel smiled.

"Well okay," she smiled. "I'll look into it and see what we need to do."

Melissa spent the rest of the week researching everything she needed to know about step-parent adoption. Turns out it is pretty simple. She thought she may need to get lawyers involved or something but it wasn't at all necessary. Since their biological father hadn't been involved in their lives since before Mia was born, he gave up his rights to have a say in the matter. All she had to do was pick up a form at the courthouse and because both Mia and Daniel were over fourteen, they had to sign it. Her part was all very easy. The hard part was all up to Mia and Daniel.

It was now Father's Day and the kids had the whole day planned. They insisted on having no help from their mom since she already took care of getting them what they needed to pull off their gift. They had planned to start the day by making breakfast, then they planned on playing some of Tom's favorite board games, then they'd give him his gift, then they would finish the night by ordering in dinner from his favorite restaurant to celebrate.

This was the first Father's Day they were really celebrating with him. In 2017, Melissa and Tom had only been together for three months so it was definitely not even on anyone's mind. In 2018, they weren't calling Tom dad yet. In 2019, Tom was in London for Betrayal so they had just called him to tell him 'Happy Father's Day.' But now, their parents were married and a baby was on the way. It was the perfect time to celebrate Tom.

Mia and Daniel had a full feast prepared when Tom and Melissa came into the dining room. They both yelled, "Happy Father's Day!" catching Tom completely by surprise.

"Wha- what is all this?" Tom stuttered.

"Your Father's Day breakfast," Mia smiled as she walked over to wrap her arms around Tom.

"We know we haven't really made a big deal about Father's Day the past few years but we wanted to make it up to you this year and really go all out the whole day," Daniel said as he walked over to join in on the hug.

"Well thank you my darlings," he kissed both of them on the head. "This is very sweet of you."

After breakfast they moved to the game room to play all of Tom's favorite games. Growing up, the kids had weekly family game nights and they kept that tradition when they moved in with Tom. Tom loved it and had a few games that quickly became some of his favorites.

After they finished playing, Mia and Daniel told their parents to meet them in the living room so that they could give Tom his gift. They needed some alone time with each other before the big surprise. They were extremely nervous but also incredibly excited. This is what they always wanted but they just never thought they'd actually get it. They needed time to process their emotions so they wouldn't get too overwhelmed.

"Are you ready?" Daniel asked Mia as they began walking out of the game room.

"Yes," she smiled softly before grabbing her brother's hand for comfort. "Let's go ask him to be our dad."

They walked into the living room, Daniel carrying a gift bag and Mia carrying a large envelope. Tom and Melissa were sitting on the couch and smiled when they saw their children walking in. Melissa stood up to sit on the chair across from Tom so that the kids could sit on either side of him. She also wanted to secretly record this moment. She knew this would be an emotional moment for their whole family.

"Here, we want you to open this first," Daniel said, handing him the gift bag. Tom smiled as he took it from him and began to open it. He chuckled when he took out what was inside. It was a clay molding of Mia and Daniel's handprints. "We figured since you never got to get like the typical 'kid' Father's Day gifts from us we'd give you one now," Daniel chuckled.

"And you can put it next to the baby one's mom has of us," Mia added.

"Well thank you. I love it," he smiled, setting it down gently on the coffee table in front of him.

Mia handed him the large envelope and instructed him to take out the note on top before looking at any of the other things in there. They asked him to read it out loud.

Dear dad,

We wanted to start by saying thank you for loving our mom. We didn't think there could ever be a man worthy of our mom's love but then we met you. Thank you for being there for her, for supporting her, for making her feel beautiful, and for filling her life with a love that our biological father never gave her.

We also want to thank you for giving us a home. And we don't just mean this beautiful house we live in. We mean for this family that you have helped us create. It is warm and loving. It is ours.

Lastly, we want to thank you for being a father to us. Even though we are not your flesh and blood, you have taken us in and loved us more than we could ever imagine. In our eyes, you are more our father than the one who gave us life. We can't wait to see what the future has in store for our family, especially now with our baby sibling joining us soon. Thank you again for taking us in and loving us as your own. We love you more than words can describe.

You have already done so much for us but we have one big request from you. You are already our dad but we want to make it official. Will you adopt us?

With love from your kids,
Mia and Danny

Tom couldn't even really see the letter anymore due to his tears clouding his vision. He was sobbing more than any of them had ever seen before. When he finished reading, he buried his face in his hands while his whole body shook from his cries. Mia and Daniel both wrapped their arms around him and cried into his shoulders. When he was finally able to breathe properly, he lifted his head to speak. "It would be my absolute greatest honor to adopt you two," he sobbed out. He moved his arms around them and pulled them tightly into a hug. "I love you both more than life itself."

"We love you too dad," they both cried.

They finally looked over to Melissa who was an absolute mess. She was trying to keep her cries quiet to not disturb them but she was visibly an emotional wreck. She pulled out a pen she was hiding and handed it to Tom. "All you need to do is sign those papers," she smiled through her tears. He quickly pulled out the rest of the papers and signed where needed.

"We also are changing our last names," Daniel added.

"Wha-"

"Your lawyer already got us all the forms and set up an appointment with a notary for tomorrow morning. So by tomorrow afternoon, they will officially be Mia and Daniel Hiddleston," Melissa interrupted him before he could ask further questions.

"We'll officially be The Hiddleston Family," Mia smiled, tears still running down her cheeks.

Tom took a deep breath. "Wow. This is just- this is the best gift I could've ever asked for. I love you guys so much. Thank you for this."

***

Mia Flores posted a photo

miaflores I couldn't of dreamed of a better dad than him. happy father's day dad
tagged: @twhiddleston

username sometimes I forget that Tom has kids now

***

Daniel Flores posted a photo

danielflores happy father's day to the best dad anyone could ever ask for
tagged: @twhiddleston

username imagine having loki as your dad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 392 24
Jade Thirlwall, one of the members of the hugely renowned band, Little Mix, had always wanted to act. She did theatre as a child, and thought films a...
23.6K 961 32
Your name is Nova Hemming and you've been a Stark Industries legal advisor since Tony Stark became Iron Man. You are in the heart of New York City w...
2.3M 72.8K 39
Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go a day without some chicken nuggets. She'...
81.8K 1.7K 37
* contains smut (unprotected sex), mentions of violentce, mentions of abusive parents and toxic relationships* y/n gets a nanny job at some rich peop...