Baker (Tom Hiddleston Story)

By tiredlaughter

Melissa is an immigrant single mother living in Atlanta. What happens when a famous actor walks into her bake... More

Author's Note
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19*
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24*
Chapter 25*
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29*
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33*
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42*
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50*
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53*
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67*
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80*
Chapter 81
Chapter 82*
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Cast Pt. 2
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 39

1.9K 72 6
By tiredlaughter

November 2018

Ever since moving in with Tom, Melissa cut back her hours a lot at the bakery. She always had incredibly long shifts at the bakery because they couldn't afford to hire more people. Tom insisted that he wanted to help out and convinced her to cut back her hours and hire a new baker. She was hesitant because she felt like she was taking advantage of him but he assured her he wanted to do it so that she could spend more time with her family.

It was Mireya's birthday. She was the bakery's head baker and one of Melissa's closest friends. She had invited Melissa, Kimberly, and the other ladies that worked at the bakery to go out to dinner to celebrate.

"I left dinner ready on the stove," Melissa said as she walked towards the front door. Kimberly was there to pick her up. "I'll try not to be out too late."

"Go have fun. Don't worry about us," Tom said before placing a kiss on her forehead. "We're just gonna have a relaxing night in."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything," she turned to the kids who were finishing up homework in the living room. "Portansen bien! Love you guys!"

"Love you!" they all replied before she walked out.

Mia suddenly put all her work back in her backpack before standing up and walking to her room. Tom and Daniel thought nothing of it, assuming she finished her work and was just going to relax before dinner. About thirty minutes later she came back down in a too short dress, platform boots, and a full face of makeup.

"I'll be back later," she said as she walked towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going? And dressed like that?" Tom asked, following her to the door with Daniel trailing behind.

"Out."

"With who?"

"A friend," she rolled her eyes. "What's the big deal? Mom always lets me go out with my friends."

"Well did you ask her before she left?"

"No but she'll be fine with it."

"Okay well can you at least tell me with who and where you're going so I know that you're safe?"

"I'm going out with Jacob to eat."

"Jacob? As in Jacob Andrews? The senior?" Daniel growled.

"A senior? What the fuck are you doing going out with a senior? You're fourteen years old. I know your mum gives you a lot of freedom but I doubt she'd be okay with you going out alone with a boy who is at least three years older than you."

"Look, he's here to pick me up. I'll be home before curfew," she scoffed reaching for the door knob.

"You are not going and that's final," Tom demanded.

"You can't tell me what to do! You're not my dad!" she yelled.

"Mia," Daniel said softly. He knew she would regret saying that.

"I'll be back later." With that she was out the door.

Daniel turned to Tom and saw that he was visibly distraught at her words. "Tom she didn't mean that."

"No it's okay she," he paused trying his hardest not to show how hurt he really was. "She um- she's right. Come on let's go eat dinner." He sighed before walking towards the kitchen.

Daniel knew he was hurt by Mia's words. But he also knew that Mia didn't mean what she said. She loved Tom and had even told Daniel that she wanted to talk to him about calling him dad. Daniel had wanted to for a while but he decided he'd wait until Mia was ready too.

***

iMessage

Danny 🛹
I know you're upset and said things that you didn't mean
but at least share your location with me so I know that you're safe

Mia 🦋 started sharing location with you

***

Melissa came back home about two hours later. Dinner out with her friends was so much fun but most of them had to be up early for work so they decided to call it a night fairly early. She walked into the living room to see Tom and Daniel watching a movie. "Hello boys. Where's Mia?"

"She went out," Tom said. The hurt in his voice was still evident.

"Oh okay. With who?" Melissa asked. Mia was right in saying that her mom let her go out with her friends often. Mia was always a good, trustworthy person so Melissa knew that she could let her go out with her friends without worrying that she'd get into trouble.

"Jacob," Tom said plainly.

"Who the hell is Jacob? You let her go out with a boy by herself?"

"Mom it's not Tom's fault. He tried to stop her from going but she didn't listen," Daniel stepped in. He didn't want this to start a fight between his mom and Tom when it wasn't his fault. "Don't worry she's safe. She shared her location with me and said she should be home in like thirty minutes."

"Okay thanks Danny. Can you give me a minute alone with Tom please?" Daniel nodded before getting up and heading upstairs. "Okay tell me what happened."

Tom took a deep breath before speaking. "I tried to stop her from going but she wasn't listening. She yelled at me. She said I couldn't tell her what to because," he paused fighting back tears. "Because I'm not her dad."

"Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry. I hope you know that she loves you. She was just upset. I'll talk to her when she comes home." He nodded before pulling her into his chest so she could just finish watching the movie with him.

About thirty minutes later Mia quietly opened the door and tried to sneak up to her room without being noticed. "Stop right there young lady," Melissa said from her spot on the couch. "Come here." Mia walked to the living room with her head down. She didn't want them to see that she had been crying. "Before we tell you your punishment I think you owe Tom an apology."

She looked up to Tom with tears now falling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry," she sobbed out. "I should've listened to you."

Tom grew concerned. He scooted over and had her sit on the couch between him and Melissa. "Darling what happened? Did he do something to you?"

"I didn't let him," she whispered.

"Tell us what happened," Melissa said.

"We went to eat and after dinner we went back to his car and we started kissing. He tried to go farther but when I didn't let him he kicked me out of the car. He said he only wanted me because I'm family with famous people."

Tom pulled her into a hug, "I'm so sorry darling. I am so, so sorry. I'm going to kill him."

"No please just leave it alone. And I'm the one who's sorry. I didn't mean anything I said," she paused before looking up at him. "You have been more of a dad to me than Victor ever was. You are my dad. That's if you want to be."

Tom couldn't help the tears from falling. "I've never wanted anything more. I love you Mia."

"I love you too," she leaned in and let herself be wrapped in his arms, "dad."

***

Mia Flores posted a photo

miaflores he's the best dad anyone can ever ask for
tagged: @twhiddleston

twhiddleston I love you my darling Mia

username is anyone else crying?
anthonymackie yes
imsebastianstan I am currently sobbing into my pillow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.3K 90
Imagine for singers, actress or characters. Celebrities/ Reader gip
2.4M 74.1K 39
Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go a day without some chicken nuggets. She'...
649 55 13
They say never meet your heroes ...Rosie moves to London to be happy and does exactly that. Will she be happy she has? As with all my stories, I mak...
193K 6K 52
What would you do if the love of your life, the father of your unborn child, returned from the past with the love of his? This is the impossible, lif...