Benedict Cumberbatch Imagines

By batchofhiddles

Series of fluffy, smutty, daddybatch fun with Benedict Cumberbatch staring YOU! Please request some stories (... More

Chapter 1
Daddybatch Part 1
Daddybatch Part 2
Daddybatch Part 3
What Are Best Friends For?
Stay With Me
What's Eating Benedict Cumberbatch?
It's the Little Things Part 1
It's the Little Things Part 2
Just A Little Peek?
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Happy New Year's Part 1
Happy New Year's Part 2
Doggy Style
To the Rescue
Cravings
Bedtime
Frustrations
The Test
It's a...!
Earlier Than Expected
Traffic Ticket
Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 1
Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 2
A/N
Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 3
Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 4
What Makes You Beautiful
Kids Say the Darndest Things!
Someday Your Prince Will Come
You Don't Realize What You Have Until It's Almost Gone
My Favorite Mornings
Game Night
Will You Love Me?~Part 1
Will You Love Me?~Part 2
Will You Love Me?~Part 3
Will You Love Me?~Part 4
Will You Love Me?~Part 5
Will You Love Me?~Part 6
Will You Love Me?~Part 7
Will You Love Me?~Part 8
Will You Love Me?~Part 9
Will You Love Me?~Part 10
Will You Love Me?~Part 11
Will You Love Me?~Part 12
A/N
Will You Love Me?~MOVED
Uh-Oh...
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 1
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 2
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 3
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 4
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 5
Professor Cumberbatch~Part 6
Professor Cumberbatch~Epilogue
A/N
Crash This Train
1912-1918
1939-1945
Missed Opportunity~Part 2
Missed Opportunity~Part 3
Missed Opportunity~Epilogue
The Cumbersickness
Room 468~Part 1
Room 468~Part 2
A/N
Room 468~Part 3
Too Much to Ask
Important A/N
You Are All I Need
"Too Bloody Blind"
Best Friend's Sister
Best Friend's Sister~Part 2
Best Friend's Sister~Part 3
Best Friend's Sister~Part 4
Star-Crossed Lovers
Just A Little Longer~Part 1
Just A Little Longer~Part 2
First Time for Everything~Part 1
First Time For Everything~Part 2
The Rebel
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Best Friend's Girlfriend
Be Mine~Part 1
Be Mine~Part 2
Happy Birthday, Benedict
Stalker~Part 1
Stalker~Part 2
Stalker ~ Part 3
Stalker ~ Part 4
Stalker ~ Part 5
Stalker ~ Epilogue
Regret~Part 1
Regret~Part 2
Regret~Part 3
Regret~Part 4
Regret~Part 5
Regret~Part 6
Regret~Part 7
Regret~Part 8
Regret~Part 9
Regret~Part 10
First Meetings~Part 1
First Meetings~Part 2
First Meetings ~ Part 3

Missed Opportunity

4.7K 99 18
By batchofhiddles

You and Tom Hiddleston have just gotten a divorce. What happens when a certain Benedict Cumberbatch finds out you're on the market...?

Taking a break from the longer one to do this!

*************************************************************************

"Thanks for letting me stay here," you gratefully tell your best friend, who was letting you stay with her until you could find a place of your own.

You've just gotten through a nasty divorce with no one other than Tom Hiddleston. You had been married for 5 years until things started going downhill. You wanted a family, he wanted to focus on work. You wanted a family, he had to focus on movie promos. You wanted a family, he didn't.

Needless to say, you opted out and he barely put up a fight.

Now, you're just trying to move on. Your friends and family are standing by to support you in any way and you're ready to just get back out there. No need to dwell on something that was never going to work in the first place.

"You are more than welcome," your friend told you. "Now, I have a late shift tonight so I can pick dinner up on the way home if that's okay? Unless you've got plans?"

You laughed and said, "I just got divorced, I'm not bouncing off anyone yet." You're friend rolled their eyes and told you, "Well all you've been talking about is "getting back out there" and "getting things right again", so excuse me if I think you'll be bouncing on someone tonight."

A little later in the afternoon, you decided to go for a walk because it was a beautiful day with perfect weather. While you were walking, you stopped by a café to grab some coffee and some lunch.

As you were waiting for your order, reading your book, you felt a tall presence beside you. Before you could see who it was, a silky, baritone voice asked, "[Y/N]?"

You turned your head to the familiar voice and smiled. "Hey, Ben!" It was Benedict Cumberbatch. Of course you've met him several times when you were with Tom and he was always so charming and incredibly sweet to you. Actaully, he was there the night you met Tom, but didn't meet him until some time later. 

"May I?" He asked, pointing to the seat in front of you. You nodded and he sat down. "How are you?" He asked. "Tom told me about the divorce. I'm so sorry." You shrugged and told him, "Honestly, I saw it coming." He looked at you curiously. "Really?" He asked. "But you both always seemed happy."

"He wasn't the only actor," you said while tapping your nose. "Besides, it's over now. I'm actually kind of excited to be on the market again. Maybe I'll do it right this time."

Ben smiled warmly at you. "Do you mind me asking what right you'll be looking for?" You shook your head and told him, "Someone who doesn't put their work before family. Someone who wants a family."

"I want a family," he almost shouted a little too quickly. You raised your eyebrows in amusement as he started clearing his throat and telling you, "I-I mean, I've just...I've always imagined having a family..." With you, he thought to himself. "So, I can sympathize."

You're lunch came before you could say anything and Ben asked the waiter, "Can you put her lunch on my bill, please? Thank you." Your eyes widened. "Ben, I can't have you do that." He simply waved you off, then said, "It's my pleasure. Really."

You both ended up talking for almost two hours. You were laughing and smiling more than you have in the past five years. When Ben sadly announced that he had to leave for a reading, you quickly asked, "Do you have any plans afterwards?"

He smiled and told you, "No, just a quiet night in. Why?" You suddenly got a little nervous as you said, "Well, my roommate is picking up some take away on her way home from work and we always get too much for just the two of us, so would you...I don't know...want to join us?"

Ben's smile got wider. "That sounds lovely," he said. "Only if you let me bring over some wine." You nodded and said, "Deal."

After giving him your address and exchanging goodbye hugs, you started walking opposite directions. Ben turned to watch you go, before taking out his phone and dialing a number. "Adam," he said, "sorry mate, but you're going to have to take me out of dinner with the guys. I've made some...rather important plans with someone. Someone special."

***

 "I hope Cum-On-My-Baps doesn't have any special requests," your friend announced as she walked into the house with Chinese food. You walked into the kitchen with her and said, "Don't call him that. And he said whatever we're having, he's fine with it." 

"Whatever," she mumbled. "I'm just not a fan of my best friend's ex-husband's best friend coming over." You had to think about that for a moment, then said, "It's fine. Ben is super nice and very sweet. Besides, I thought you were a fan?" She scoffed, "Yeah, and I was a fan of Hiddleston, but look where that went." 

"Believe me," you aussured her, "it will all be fine. You'll see." Just then, there was a knock on the door. You quickly went to answer it. When you opened the door, Ben was standing there with a bottle of wine, some flowers, and wearing a plain white t-shirt with a brown leather jacket and a ripped pair of jeans. 

It was hot. 

"H-Hey," you stuttered after feeling your heart flutter a bit. He gave you a warm smile and said, "Hey. You look gorgeous." He looked you over in your soft pink pajama shorts and white tank top. You gasped once you remembered what you were wearing and said, "Sorry! I'm going to go change!" 

Before you could sprint off, he said, "No, no! Really, this is your home and you should wear what you please. And I wasn't kidding when I said you looked gorgeous." There goes that heart flutter again. What was going on?

You took the wine from him and the flowers he extended to you, with a warm smile and teased him by trying to shut the door on him, but he blocked it with his hand and laughed, "Oh, you're a cheeky thing! Come now, I brought the wine didn't I? And flowers." You playfully sighed, "I mean, I guess Benedict Cumberbatch is allowed inside to eat some food and watch TV with me." He chuckled, "Sounds like an amazing night we have ahead of us." 

After you introduced Ben and your friend, and she gave him a stern glare as a warning (which sent an unpleasureable shiver down his spine), you all three went into the living room with your food and watched some random TV. Ben poured each of you a glass of wine and sat next to you on the couch. It was a comfortable distance with your knees barely touching, but for some reason...you wanted more. 

A couple hours later, your friend had announced she was going to bed. With one more stern glare to Ben, she was gone and you two were alone. Ben turned to you after the sound of her door shut and asked, "Why does she keep doing that?"

"Because of Tom. Since you're his best friend and all...she doesn't really trust you." It took him a moment, but he eventually nodded in agreement. "I can understand that," he told you. "But...do you trust me?" You nodded and told him, "I do. You've always been really nice to me over the years and the fact that you're here now tells me there's more to you than meets the eye." 

Ben scooted closer to you and looked deep into your eyes. "You deserved to be treated like a proper woman, [Y/N]. Out of all the times I have seen you and Tom together, I maybe only saw that twice from him. I can treat you like you deserve, I wouldn't deny you anything in this world."

You were stunned. What was happening here? "Ben," you nearly gasped, "what...what do you mean?" He grazed his fingertips down your arm and to your hand, leaving goosebumps in their wake. He smirked at the affect he was having on you and said, "Give me a chance. Let me give you what Tom never could." 

"A-And what's that?" You shakily whispered, as his face got closer to yours. He lightly bumped his nose against yours and whispered, "Love. Adoration. A family. The Earth. The Moon. The sky. Everything you could ever want. But love would certainly come first. You would come first. No coming second for you anymore, young lady." 

You giggled and shook your head. "This is crazy," you said. "I just got this divorce." His hand moved up your smooth leg as he asked, "Yes, but when did you really get this divorce? When did you know?" You were having a hard time concentrating with his hand moving higher, but you managed to answer, "Two years ago. Maybe three." 

His hand stopped at your hip and he told you, "You were my missed opportunity, [Y/N]. That night you and Tom met...I had I asked him to ask your name for me. If I wasn't such a bloody coward we could have several children by now, we could be married. But he took you from me. And now that you're here, I don't plan on wasting another damn second." 

He crashed his lips into yours, causing you to moan out in surprise, but it felt so good. The way he kissed you was like an art; it was like your lips were made for each other, molding perfectly together. His tongue timidly flicked against yours at first, but then he started swirling it around, licking the roof of your mouth, dancing with your tongue to an unheard song. 

It was perfect. 

You both pulled back from the kiss to get your breaths back. You didn't noticed that his arms were wrapped securely around you or that your hands were buried in hair, your elbows propped up on his shoulders. You were panting heavily onto each other's faces, while staring deeply into one another's eyes. 

"Am I the right you're looking for?" He asked you. You smiled and just told him, "Don't tell Tom." He chuckled and repeated, "Don't tell Tom." He resumed kissing you on the couch, long into the night. 

**********************************************

Omg, I'm sorry! I know I make Tom the jerk or the dope in these stories, but please know that that is not how I precieve him! I love Hiddles and I think he and Ben are some of the most wonderful people and wish them all the happiness in the world, so please don't think I hate Tom! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...