It's a...!

Wow! 1K reads! Thank you all so much! Here's another Daddybatch drabble for all you wonderful readers!

You and Ben find out if you're having a boy or a girl. You also need to tell Charlie the news, which brings up an even more interesting conversation...

********************************************************************************************

"Alright, Mrs. Cumberbatch, this might be a bit cold," the nurse told you before spreading gel on your stomach. It was a bit cold, but nothing you couldn't handle. She started moving the wand around and pointed to the baby. No matter how many times you see it, Ben and you always cry. The love between you two is even stronger when there's anything to do with your kids.

"And you two wanted to find out the sex of your baby, is that right?" The nurse asked. You and Ben nodded enthusistically and the nurse chuckled, "Okay. You are having...a boy! Congratulations!" Before you could even react, Ben had his lips on yours, kissing you with every ounce of passion he had. "A boy," he cried. "A beautiful baby boy." You wiped his tears and said, "I love you so much Ben." He gave you another kiss and said, "I love you, [Y/N] Cumberbatch." The nurse told you everything looked good and gave you some pictures, before sending you on your way.

On your way home, Ben had asked how you were going to approach this with Charolette. "I don't know," you shrugged. "We can tell her tonight during dinner. I can't imagine she'll be upset or anything. I think she might be excited." Ben chuckled and put his free hand on your stomach. "I think so to," he told you.

When you got home, you relieved Ben's parents of their babysitting duties and spent the rest of the day playing games with Charlie. When dinner time came around, you cooked her favorite meal (Mac and Cheese, which was incredibly easy for you) and some veggies. 

While you all ate at the table, you and Ben kept giving each other looks that said, Now? and You go first, or No, you go first. Finally, you spoke up and said, "Charlie, your father and I have something to tell you." Charlie looked up from her plate and at you both and gave you her full attention. She gets that from her dad. 

"Charolette..." you said, looking at Ben. He gave you an assuring nod and took your hand. "...you are going to have...a little brother!" Charlie looked at you both curiously. "A baby brother?" She asked. Ben cleared his throat and said, "Yes. Mummy is pregnant." She cocked her head to the side and asked, "How?"

Ben was just taking a sip of his water when she asked and ended up spitting some of it back. He looked wide eyed at you, but you just mouthed to him, "This is all you." You, in the meantime, got up and started taking the dishes from the table. Ben was giving you a pleading look not to leave him in this situation, but you ignored him and went into the kitchen. He was left with Charlie staring at him, expecting an answer.

"Um...well, you see when a mummy and daddy love each other, they...develop certain feelings." Charlie was listening intently with her chin resting in her tiny hands. She's always clung on to every word he's said ever since she was a baby; probably because his voice had always caught her attention. This just made him more nervous.

Before he could go on, she asked him, "Is it because you and mommy kiss?" He thought about the question for a moment, then asked, "What do you mean by that?" She started giggling, "Is that how a baby goes in mommy's tummy?" He sighed in relief and said, "Yes! But it has to be a very special kiss." 

Charlie pondered this new information. Ben could see the gears turning in her head. Ben took a drink, waiting for more questions that were bound to come. "What happens if I get a special kiss?" He choked on his drink and started coughing. "No. No, no, no, no, no; you will never ever--ever--get a special kiss from anybody, ever." This made her start to giggle again. "But daddy, I want a special kiss!" He shook his head. "Sorry, love, but for as long you are in my house and are my daughter, you will never get that kiss from anyone." 

After the conversation calmed down and finished with the dishes, you came back out to see Ben and Charlie watching T.V. When you approached them, Charlie asked you, "Is there a baby in your tummy?" You sat down next to her and said, "Yes. Your little brother is here." She gently put a hand on your stomach. Ben was watching this exchange and couldn't help the smile on his face and tears in his eyes. You, Charlie, and your unborn son were his entire world. 

He put his arm around both of you and brought you to his side. "I love my girls," he whispered in your ear. "And my baby boy."