Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 3

The Sherlock Imagines are up! Yay! But for now, let's continue with you and Dr. Cumberbatch (there's one more part after this)...

*********************************************************************************************

Ben stepped into his office with a sigh and shut the door. It had been a very long day with several sick kids. This was usually around the time where one kid catches a cold, and then the class catches it, and then the entire school gets it. Needless to say, he was very tired. All he wanted right now was to go home and snuggle up with you in bed.

He sat down at his desk and typed in a few last notes, before shutting down his computer and packing up. As he was putting some files away, he looked at the pictures of you two that he had proudly placed on his desk. You've been going out with each other for a year now and things couldn't be any better. He looked over the one that you had taken with your phone, the night he told you he loved you.

*

You were sitting on your couch with Ben, your legs entwined and fingers laced through each others, while watching Star Wars. You wanted a marathon and he happily brought over all his extended editions, as you only had the regular (which he called you a "noob" for).

Just as you were finishing up the second one, you could feel his hand slowly creep up your shirt. You knew he wasn't trying to be sexy or spontaneous...he was going to tickle you! You were smart, though. Before he could do any damage, you jumped up from the couch and ran towards your room. But he was quick. Oh, he saw this coming from a mile away. He grabbed you before you could reach your room and slung you over his shoulder. 

He started tickling your sides, while carrying you into the room. You squealed, laughed and pleaded for him to stop, but he was ruthless. He threw you down on to the bed and straddled your hips. He continued tickling you, while you writhed and giggled underneath him. It wasn't until a few moments later when you hiccuped. Ben stopped tickling and you slapped your hand over your mouth. You always found your hiccups to be embarassing, but he found it cute.

It was his turn to laugh, but you just took a pillow and whacked it across his head. "It's not--hiccup!--funny!" He tried to stop laughing, but he couldn't...then he let out a loud hiccup! It was silent...until you both broke out into a fit of laughter. "We have to--hiccup!--hold our breath." He nodded and you both sucked in air and didn't release it. Soon, it wasn't about the hiccups anymore. It was about who could hold their breath longest. 

You were about two minutes in when Ben gave up and started breathing again. You cheered with triumph, but Ben quickly shut you up with a kiss. It was slow, soft, passionate, and almost desperate. He pulled back after a moment and looked you over. His eyes wandered from the top of your head, to the bottom of your feet.  

He kissed you again, but this time, it was desperate. He swirled his tongue around yours, his lips were still kind and soft as ever. As soon as he pulled back for air, he panted, "God, I am so in love with you." He flicked his eyes all over your face for any sign of a negative reaction, but instead he got smile (the one he completely adored) and you saying back, "I am so in love with you, too."

*

His eyes wandered over to another picture; you both on vaction during the summer. He had someone take that one for you. You had on a bikini that he insisted you get and he was in these ridiculous blue swim trunks with red birds on them. You teased him endlessly about it.

The next one was another milestone in your relationship. This one your sister took when she was helping you move into his house. She caught you both dancing in the living room, but the best part about the picture (he thought) was the fact that he was halfway to kissing you, while looking into each other's eyes with complete adoration. You could feel the love reflecting through the picture.

*

You had just finished bringing in your last box with the help of your sister. You thanked her and even attempted to tip her, but she wouldn't take it. She simply gave you a hug and left. Ben was in the living room, putting up the pictures of your family that you had packed. 

"Let's put on some music," you suggested. Ben handed you his phone and said, "I made a playlist for today." You plugged it in and shuffled the playlist titled "Moving Day". It held all the classic 80's rock bands like The Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, etc.. You both sang to all the songs and did a head bang to some, but then came a more subtle song. Asleep by The Smiths. Ben took your hand and shuffled away some boxes to make space on the floor to dance. 

You rested your head on his shoulder and he set his cheek on your head. You were both lost in your own little world. You didn't hear the front door open, nor the sound of your sister walking in because she forgot her wallet from lunch. You didn't see her take out her phone and snap a picture because you were lost in your doctor.

*

There was one frame left. One empty frame, waiting to be filled. Hopefully, it would be by tomorrow. He zipped up his case and put the strap over his shoulder. Before leaving, he opened his drawer and pulled out the little black box he's been holding on to for a few months now. He put it in his pocket and locked up his office.

**

"Honey, I'm home," Ben tiredly called. He set down his briefcase on the floor and kicked off his shoes, before shrugging off his jacket and hanging it up. You walked into the hallway and was immediately greeted with a kiss.

"Hello, you," he smiled. You let out a hearty laugh and said, "Hello to you, too. Hungry?" He nodded, then said, "I'm going to take a shower first." After a swift kiss on the forehead, he left to go shower. You, in the meantime, finished up dinner and set it up on the diningroom table. Ben came out just moments after you finished.

"This looks really good, babe," he told you, while sitting down. "Thank you," you blushed. "I just need to get the wine, I'll be right back." Ben watched you dissapear into the kitchen, then quietly got up and went over to your plate. He had to figure out on how to do this and quick. He didn't want to be corny, but knew you had soft spot for such things, but he also wanted to be unique. Of course, there was nothing unique about this. 

He heard your footsteps coming, so he set the little black box down by your plate and quickly slid back into his seat just in time for you to walk in. "Wine?" You asked. He stood and said, "Let me get that. You've done enough already." You didn't object and sat down by your plate. 

Ben didn't make eye contact with you as he poured your glass. As a matter of fact, he was sure you could see the sweat on his forehead and the way his hands shook as he poured. When you didn't say anything, he just moved to his glass and poured himself a lot of wine in case he needed it in a few minutes here.

"Ben?" You asked in a small voice. He set down the bottle and hummed, "Mmm-hmm?" He slowly turned to you and saw you looking at the ring inside the box with awe. "What is this?" You asked in almost a whisper. 

The next time you looked up, he was beside you on one knee. "[Y/N], being with you has been the greatest experience of my life. You are the reason I wake up the morning and the reason I come home at night. Knowing you'll be here when I get home just makes my day brighter. Knowing you love me makes my life brighter. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life waking up to you, eating breakfast with you, coming home from work to you, and making love to you. I want to have children that are spitting images of their mother and want to spoil all of you rotten." 

You were a crying, blubbering mess by now. He wiped away your tears with his thumbs, then continued, "[Y/F/N]...will you marry me? Make me the happiest and luckiest man on Earth and be my wife?" You didn't have the words to speak, so you rapidly nodded and mouthed, "Yes". He let out a huge breath and took the ring from the box. He slipped it on to your ring finger, then brought you down for a kiss. 

When you pulled back, you breathed out, "Yes! Oh my God, yes!" Ben laughed and cried, before kissing you again. "God, I am so in love with you," he told you. You smiled and said, "I am so in love with you, too."