Regret~Part 1

Ben and his wife get into the biggest fight of their marriage after she reveals she doesn't want kids. Ben's only comfort is to go to you, his best friend since primary school. 

*This will be the shortest part out of the few that are to come*

**

"I can't believe this!" Ben shouted. "You could have told me before I asked you to marry me! You knew I wanted kids, you even said you did, too!" His clearly angered wife shouted back, "I refuse to be a stay at home mother, Benedict! You're going to be traveling constantly, while I'll be stuck here with it!"

Ben couldn't believe this. He really couldn't. He thought she was the one. "Well, I'm just chuffed that you think of me that way, that I'm that type of man," he scoffed. "I need time to think about this...about us. I'm going over to [Y/N]'s."

He quickly grabbed his coat and keys, then sped off on his motorcycle. He was planning on selling this thing, even had a buyer, so he wouldn't have to worry about his kids not growing up without a father. But she doesn't want kids. So what's the point?

He pulled up to the curb of your apartment and hopped off the bike. He was greeted by the nice old doorman as he quickly walked in, then impatiently rode the elevator up. Once it got to your floor, he made a b-line to your door. 

He knocked furiously, while calling, "[Y/N]! Open up!" He could hear your rushed footsteps coming to the door. The moment you opened it, he pushed past you and started ranting, "She doesn't want children! Or, at least, not with me! She thinks I'm too busy, won't be around! Fucking hell, is she mad?" 

After going to your kitchen and grabbing one of the many beers he keeps here, he turned to look at you for the first time...but noticed something was off. "Have you been crying?" He asked. It's true. You had been. Right up until he knocked on your door, you had been crying for hours. 

You folded your arms nervously around your stomach and said, "Sam was cheating on me. He was having sex with his married roommate even before we were together. I thought he was different. God, I feel like an idiot."

You sat yourself down at the kitchen table and sniffled. Ben sat down next to you and gently said, "I'm so sorry...Christ, come here." He pulled you into a hug and squeezed you tightly against him. "I knew he was bad for you. You just seemed so happy, I didn't have the heart to say anything."

He kissed your head and rocked you a bit as you cried into his shoulder. "I hate him," you cried. "He keeps denying it, even though I caught them! God, Ben, I can't!" Ben suddenly had an overwhelming rage for, not only his wife, but this prick as well. 

"If ever see him again, he's going to regret every bloody decision he's ever made in his life," he promised. "You do not deserve this, you of all people don't. How can somebody hurt you like this?" He suddenly started to cry, too. 

You were the perfect friend, no doubt the perfect girlfriend, so how could somebody do this to you? Ben has always been incredibly protective over you. He loves you like a sister and he can never imagine his life without you. Even when fame was quickly invading his life, you stuck by him and never failed to cheer him on. 

You sat in the front row with his parents at his wedding. At the reception, you both danced to your favorite song. His dad expressed how he was confused by which girl was his bride. That was when Ben started having second thoughts (on his wedding night of all nights). 

But he came to the conclusion that he was happily married to the right woman, the girl of his dreams...or so he thought. 

"I'm sorry," you said, as you pulled back from his hug. You hastily wiped your tears, then said, "Tell me about your problems. Distract me from mine." He took a deep breath, then let out a sad sigh. "I really want children," he sadly said. "You've known this...I want them so badly, I want a family of my own. Olivia never wanted it, so I broke it off after twelve years. I finally come across this perfect bloody woman who completely stole my heart and I married her, but now...now she doesn't want kids, a family of our own. I'm questioning my marriage."

You put your hand over his on top of the table and gave it a squeeze. "Do you still love her?" You asked. He went to immediately answer...but then stopped himself. "...Yes," he told her. "Yes, I love her. Children or no children, I'll still love her. I just feel like I married into a lie."

"So tell her that," you said. "Coming from someone who had shit communication with their other half, believe me, it's good to talk. Be honest. This is your marriage, you can't just give up. Convince her you'll be there for your kids. I know you would be. You're going to make a great father, Ben. I always knew you would."

He smiled and squeezed your hand. "Thank you," he said. "I'm still not sure I can go back there right now, though. I still need to cool off a bit." You got up from your seat and said, "I think we both need a few drinks."

**

The Next Morning

Ben stretched and yawned, but then felt a pounding sensation against his head. He covered it with his hands and groaned. He doesn't remember anything from last night. He remembers you and him talking, then you giving him another beer. After that, you both decided on something stronger...and everything's a blur after that. 

"Bloody hell," he groaned. He sat up in the bed and shielded his eyes from the harsh light. He let out a large sigh and huskily said, "Darling, I'm sorry. I must have come home a mess last night." When he didn't get a response, he felt over the bed and his hand landed on a leg. 

Shit, she's still sleeping, he thought. I guess that's good. I'll have time to rid of this hangover and work on what I'm going to say. After a moment, he opened his eyes, then went to lean over to kiss his wife on the cheek when there...laying next to him...completely naked...

...was you.