Regret~Part 2

"Oh my god...oh my god...shit!" Ben jumped out of your bed, making you jolt awake. "Wha...what the hell?" You painfully asked, your head pounding. "Ben...Ben what are you doing? Oh God, why are you naked?"

You looked down at yourself and your eye blew wide. "No!" You shouted. "Shit, no!" You got up, as well, then quickly grabbed your robe to cover yourself. Ben was halfway done to getting dressed. "Please tell me we didn't..." 

He looked up at you, then closed his eyes. "We did," he told you. "I can...I can still feel myself inside you...christ." He quickly put on a shirt and tried to get rid of how warm and tight and soft you felt. "I need to get home," he said. 

You followed him downstairs and watched as he quickly gathered his things. "I'm sorry, Ben," you told him. "I feel so awful, especially since I'm the one who just got cheated on." He looked at you with sympathetic eyes. 

He went over to you and kissed your head. "It's alright," he softly told you. "We'll...we'll figure this out. Right now, I need to get home and...and figure out if I'm going to keep this a secret or not. No, it's definitely being kept a secret. I can't tell her."

"Ben, don't keep this from her," you begged. "Believe me, it will be even more painful when she hears about it later--." He suddenly shouted, "She won't ever hear about it! Now, I've got to go. I'll...I'll call you later."

Before you knew it, he was out the door and speeding down the street.

**

3 Months Later

"Oh...no. No, no, no, no...no!" You threw the pregnancy test against the wall and slumped down to the floor. You were pregnant. You knew who's baby this was because the last time you had sex was with him. That was also the last time you saw him.

He never called you, never texted. You tried to get in contact with him, but he was ignoring your calls, texts and e-mails. This wasn't fair. He's been your best friend for years, then one night suddenly messed it all up. 

But he had to talk to you now. You were pregnant with his baby. You don't if you're going to keep it, you don't know if he wants you to keep it. Hell, you don't even know if you want to tell him. Unfortunately, deep down, you knew you had to. He would be completely distraught if he found out later in life. 

If you ever see him that late in life. 

With your phone shaking in your hand, you pressed his name and put it to your ear. It rang and rang and rang...until it went to voicemail. You let out a soft sob and put your hand over your eyes. "Ben...it's [Y/N]," you cried. "Look, I...something happened and...and I need to tell you about it, but it can't be over phone. If you want to meet me, I'll be at our usual café in our booth in an hour. If you don't show up...then I guess I'm doing this on my own and I can't say that I didn't try. Bye, Ben."

You hung up, then got yourself off the floor to get ready. After putting on some warm clothes and not even bothering with any make-up, you were at the door and walking to yours and Ben's café. When you walked in, the owner immediately led you to the usual booth and put two orders of coffee in. 

All you could do was stare at the clock on the wall. It was three minutes until the hour was up, but knowing Ben, he'd be another hour. If he ever decides to show up, that is. 

You let out a shaky breath, then looked to the door when you heard the bell ring. You nearly fell out of your seat when you saw Ben. He was two minutes early and looked worried. When he saw you, he nearly ran over. 

"[Y/N]," he called, he quickly made his way to you. You stood up to greet him, but wasn't expecting to be pulled into a hug. "What happened?" He asked. "Are you hurt, what's wrong?" You quickly pulled away and looked oddly at him. 

Seeing your confusion, he elaborated, "Your message, I heard you crying. I got so worried, I left set as soon as I could." Scoffing, you told him, "Sure, now you care. Best friends for over ten years, we had sex one time and you bail. It's like I was your problem and you ran away from it!"

He suddenly looked angry now. "You are my problem," he told you. "I cheated on my wife! I felt so goddamn guilty that I locked myself in my office for weeks just to avoid her! I've been ignoring you because I knew if I talked to you, saw you, I would spill it to her! But you know that if I think you're in trouble, I can't stay away. Is that why you called? To lure me here?"

You couldn't believe him. You shook your head and shoved past him towards the door. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on! At least take your coffee, you know how you are without it!" You stopped and turned to him, saying, "I don't want to see you ever again! Besides, I can't...I can't drink coffee."

He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, you were out the door.