Game Night

Tonight is game night with the family...

*******************************************************************************

"Alright, kiddos," Ben called. "What game are we playing first?" You and Ben sat down on the floor with kids with bowls filled with popcorn, candy, pretzles, and any other snacks you both could find. And while you gave the kids chocolate milk, you and Ben had something more...appropriate.

It was Friday night, which meant it was game night. Charlie had come up with the idea a couple months ago and both you and Ben thought it was a great idea...until things started happening. Charlie would accuse Tyler of cheating, Tyler would claim Charlie moved her piece on the board, and then the shouting began. That's why the "appropriate" drinks were appropriate.

The kids chose Candy Land as their first game and soon as it was all set up, Ben poured you a glass of some heavy Whiskey. You normally weren't a whiskey person, but ever since the first game night, it's become your best friend.

"Daddy, you be blue," Charlie instructed, handing Ben the blue piece. "Mommy, you be red. Tyler, you be green. And I be yellow!" Ben chuckled and corrected, "It's "I am yellow", Charlie." Charlie looked at her daddy curiously and said, "No, daddy, you're blue!" And there's the first swig of whiskey.

As the game progressed, you and Ben noticed that there hasn't been any bickering or arguing going on. You thought your kids might be broken, but hey, you didn't mind. You both clinked your glasses as a sign of success...but then it happened.

"HEY! TYLER MOVED MY YELLOW MAN, DADDY!"

"NAH-UH! MOMMY!"

Before you could even ask, Ben had your glass filled. And this was just the first game.

By the second game, you and Ben were pleasantly tipsy, but Scrabble chose to be a difficult task in your state; especially when the kids put in words that weren't a part of any language in the world. Nevertheless, you tried. And then...it happened again.

"MOMMY, CHARLIE LOOK AT MY LETTERS!"

"NAH-UH! DADDY!"

Ben got up off the floor while saying, "Hang on, love. I've got another stashed away." He came back a few minutes later and filled your glass.

The next game, you had to play in pairs. Of course, Charlie went to Ben and Tyler went to you. You each sat at opposite ends of the coffee table and played some god-awful kids game that they wanted so badly for Christmas. But fear not, even when Ben was trying to help his daughter win against you and your son, he kept the bottle whiskey in between the two of you, under the table. So considerate.

When you and Tyler successfully beat Charlie and Ben, Charlie crossed her arms and pouted, "I want to play with mommy." Ben looked over at you with a glint in his eye and said, "I want to play with her, too." Oh no. You knew your husband all too well. When he's been drinking, he gets horny.

On the final game, you were able to sit back next to Ben, but he could not keep his hands off you. He had to touch you somewhere. So you both lost the game to the kids because your turned on husband had distracted you. He'd be sure to distract you from sleep as soon as you put the kids to bed.

"Alright, kids, I think it's time for bed," you announced. The kids whined and started to throw tantrums. Ben poured you another glass.

As soon as the tantrums ended, the kids fell in a sleeping heap on the floor. That was a trick you and Ben learnt. If they have a tantrum, just let them ride it out because it wears them down.

You each carried the kids into their rooms and tucked them in. Once you stepped foot into the bedroom, Ben had his fumbling hands all over you. He kissed you feverishly, then made his way to you ear. He bit down on it and purred, "Now it's my turn to play."

Games nights were your favorite nights.