Happy New Year's Part 2

One year later...

***********************************************************************************************************************

You were mingling at the bar, chatting time away to get started in the New Year. This bar brought back fond memories of last New Year's Eve. This bar is where he first talked to you. The dance floor to your right was were you first danced. The floor right above you was were you two first kissed and where you almost...well, you know. You couldn't help but smile at the thought.

As the person you were talking to was explaining something you couldn't quite understand (mainly because you spaced out on them), you felt a strong, large arm wrap around your waist. You turned and looked to see him. Benedict. He was smiling at you with pure adoration in his eyes. He couldn't help it. He really did adore you. And you were all his, as he was all yours, ever since that New Year's Eve night.

"Pardon us for a moment," he politely told the person who was talking your ear off. He took your hand and led you out to the back where you two had shared a New Year's kiss, almost, a year ago. Ben pulled you into a corner, away from all the people, and you felt his two large hands on your back as he stood close to you. He gave you the smile he only reserved for you and asked, "Do you know how much I love you?" You pretended to ponder the question, then told him, "I believe I do. You haven't failed to tell me everyday for the past twelve months." And it's true. Everyday, he'd come up with something to let you know how much he loved you and why. It made your heart float every time.

"Let me tell you a few more reasons before the New Year," he told you. He pulled you closer to him, looked deep into your [E/C] eyes and said, "[Y/N], ever since I met you here, exactly a year ago, I have never been more happy in my entire life. You make me smile in dark times, laugh when I need it most, and you give me a reason to love every minute and every hour that I am with you. You make me blush like a schoolboy whenever you bare your beautiful body to me, and everytime we make love, it feels like the first time. You are goregous, mind and body, and I am so honored to call you mine, [Y/F/N]." 

You couldn't help the flood gates open and now were crying. You couldn't believe this man was human. Ben gently cupped your face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. He then leaned down and kissed you sweetly. You could already tell that this was going to be another great New Year.

Ben had led you back into the house for some drinks and food, never leaving your side for anything. When the countdown started, he led you back outside and up the railing, just like last year. He settled his hands on your hips, put his lips to your ear and counted down, "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2..." He gently took your chin and made you look at him. He brushed his lips against yours and said, "Marry me." 

A great New Year, indeed.