First Meetings~Part 1

Tonight could not have been more perfect. He took you to a fancy restaurant and bought you flowers, made you laugh until your stomach hurt. Every date you've been on with him has been perfect, but something about tonight just made it more so. Maybe it was the way he lovingly held your hand and had his blue eyes fixed on you as you spoke. 

But he's been doing that since your first date. 

Maybe it was the way he spoke passionately about his work, or the way he looked at you when you stepped out of your car in your dress. Then again, he has always spoke that way about his work and he gives you that same look, no matter what you wear. 

Finally, you knew what it was. As you walked around after dinner, his coat over your shoulders to shield you from the cold winter night; and his fingers laced with yours, you realized...you're in love. You are completely and totally heads over heels in love with Benedict Cumberbatch. 

That's what sparked your decision to take an even bigger step in your two month relationship. "Ben," you called, making him look over at you with those enchanting eyes. He gave you a charming smile and said, "Yes, darling?" You couldn't help your smile as you said, "I don't want this to end."

He lightly laughed and put his arm around you. "I don't want this to end either," he told you. "What do you propose we do?" You bit your bottom lip and gave him a shy look. "I...well, I was thinking that...maybe...you can come home with me."

His eyes immediately widened in shock and he stopped walking. He looked at a loss for words, but once he found them, he asked, "Erm...are-are you sure? I mean, I'm ready, I've been ready, but...you're sure?" You nodded, then told him, "Tonight was perfect and amazing and I really want you to come home with me."

This was certainly shocking, but he smiled and nodded nonetheless. So, he walked you to your car and gave you a kiss and a promise to see you in a few minutes. You were nervous on your drive back, but it was a good nervous. It was finally going to happen. 

Since he followed you, you got to your house at the same time. He took your hand once you met up in the driveway and walked up to the door. Before opening it, you took a deep breath and said, "It's been a while since anyone's..."

He nodded in understanding and said, "I know, darling. We'll take it slow." You took a few deep breaths to calm yourself, then opened the door. Once you walked in, Ben shut it behind you and followed you upstairs. "Are you nervous?" You asked him as you stopped in front of a bedroom door. 

Rubbing the back of his neck, he told you, "Yes. Very, actually, but...I really sodding like you, [Y/N]. This is probably the biggest step we're going to take in our relationship and I am more than willing to do it. I'm ready if you are."

You took his hand and gave it a squeeze. "I am," you told him. You turned to the door and pushed it open. "Hi, sweetie," you cooed as you went up to your four year old son Joshua. He was at his desk with the babysitter coloring in a Marvel coloring book. He turned to you with a wide smile and said, "Hi, mommy!"

He got up and ran into your arms as you bent down to his height. You picked him up in a hug, then turned to Ben. He was wiping the sweat off his palms and smiled nervously. "Josh," you said, getting your son's attention, "this is my friend, Ben. Ben...this is my son Joshua." 

Ben gave the boy a smile and said, "Hey there, Joshua. Your mummy has told me so much about you, I feel like we already know each other." Josh looked to you, then back to Ben. "Are you the man who takes my mommy to eat?" He asked. 

Ben nodded and told him, "I am." Josh then asked, "How come I never go?" You and Ben laughed at that. "Well," Ben told him, "I would love to take you and her out to dinner. I'll plan it out with your mum, alright?" Josh nodded, then asked, "Want to see my toys?"