Chapter 1

Imagine encountering some trouble on the tube, but your husband, Ben, and his fans make sure to teach this trouble a lesson.

Wrote this based on my friend's recommendation! (She wants to remain anonymous)

**************

You had just got done Christmas shopping with your husband, Benedict Cumberbatch. You were surprised that he actually wanted to go, since he's not too keen on getting recognized in public, but it's nearly a week before Christmas and (surprise, surprise) he hasn't gotten anything for anyone yet. You, on the other hand, were just picking up some last minute gifts for your cousins for when you and Ben take a trip to [your hometown] to visit your family.

So five hours, many shopping bags, and a grumpy Benedict later, you were on your way home via tube. It was packed inside and the only place to stand was by a pole. Ben had you grab the pole, while he went behind you and wrapped his arms securely around your waist. The many shopping bags on his arms made it difficult to hold you, but he managed.

At the next stop, to both of yours annoyance, a swarm of people came flooding into the tube. Ben pressed himself against you to keep you close. After a few moments, Ben pulled out his phone with one hand, while keeping the other around you and the pole. As you were (not-so patiently) waiting for your stop, you noticed a man staring at you. You thought he might have recognized Ben, but no...he was checking you out. And this man was not attractive. He had a coffee stained t-shirt, under a (you hoped that was mustard) stained green jacket. His beard was heavy and filled with bits of food crumbs. You thought he may have been in his fifties, but his heavy weight and saggy eyes made him look sixty or seventy. His cold, dark eyes were looking at you all up and down. You weren't one to judge a book by its cover, but this guy gave you a bad vibe.

You put one of your hands on Ben's arm to grab his attention. Without looking up from his phone, he kisses your cheek and said, "Give me a minute, darling. James wants to know if we can go to his concert on Saturday. Shall I tell him yes?" You just hummed an "mmm-hmm" as your answer because all you could focus on was this guy who was now...licking his lips at you! Ew! The last straw was when he started making obscene gestures (whichever ones you can imagine). "B-Ben." Ben heard the strain in your voice and looked up. He followed your gaze and saw what the man was doing. Ben immediately pulled you back against his chest, you buried your head in his chest as he said to the man, "Oi! What the hell do you think your doing to my wife?!" Every head in the place turned to look at him. Now that his face wasn't down and in the shadows of his hat, everyone could see who he is. Needless to say, many people started pulling out their phones to take pictures and videos of his outburst, but he didn't care.

"She's a fox, mate," the man told Ben and winked at you.

"She's a lady and she's my wife, so you better back off, "mate"!" He was fuming now. You've never seen Ben so mad. Sure, you've had your heated fights that would sometimes get out of hand, but if anyone ever messed with you, he showed no mercy.

"Awe, relax, mate! Lookie, she likes." He wiggles his tongue and you just about gagged. Ben was about to throw himself at the man and beat him into next week, but then a tall man got to him first, shouting, "Leave them alone! Bloody hell, what is wrong with you?!" Other people started to pipe up as well and Ben couldn't help but smile. Even a couple of girls with 'I AM SHERLOCKED' t-shirts were defending you.

Once they got to the next stop, several people pushed out the man against his will and wouldn't allow him back in. As the tube took off again, Ben looked around and said, "Thank you." He looked down at you (who was clutching on to his blue cardigan for dear life) and dipped his head to where is lips were against your ear, whispering, "It's all right, baby. Look at me, sweetheart." You slowly looked up at him and was greeted with a gentle kiss. The whole compartment started clapping, making you and Ben both laugh into the kiss.

The next stop is when you both got off, but not before Ben thanked the man who stood up for you.

***Three hours later

You were sitting on the couch watching some TV. Ben had his head in your lap and was looking over his script. He had tried to talk to you about the incident, but you assured him that to were okay. And the truth is, you were. With all of his fans backing you both up, you couldn't feel more safe and secure.

As you were flipping through channels, you caught the news with, what looked like, a very familiar setting. You turned up the volume to hear.

"Benedict Cumberbatch was caught on film having a dispute with one of the passengers on the tube!"

Ben's head shot up. They continued; "Sources say that Cumberbatch's wife, (Y/F/N) Cumberbatch, was being sexually harassed by the passenger. Cumberbatch and his fans acted quickly to defend the couple, earning the passenger to be forced out of the car. Let's see the video again."

You and Ben watched the video over and over again. "You know," you told Ben, "you have some pretty amazing fans." Ben smiled and stuck out his hand. "Let me see your phone." You handed him your phone. He gave it back a few minutes later and you saw it was open on [a social media site you constantly use]. You read what he posted and smiled.

'I have the greatest fans in the world. Thank you for all your support. -B.C. #BenedictWillStillNeverGetATwitterPhew'