You Are All I Need

Benedict is a grumpy mood this evening...

Tis a short one

************************************************************************

You sigh as you re-read the text from your boyfriend. He was coming over and you can already tell it was going to be one of those nights.

 Had a shit day. I'll be over in a bit.

That literally said it all. Whenever this happened, he would come over annoyed, tired, and just in no mood to deal with anything or anyone, including you. This always lead to fights, which lead to things being said, and ending with apologies and a two hour venting session on why his day was shit.

Tonight, you are determined to make things different. He won't walk through that door and throw his stuff on the floor, leaving it there until he leaves in the morning, nor will be be grumbling and muttering swear words under his breath. Nope, he won't have a single excuse to act like a dick to you. Not tonight.

You started to get his favorite dinner ready, as well as dessert. The table had been set up nicely with some candles and wine and centered off with the flowers Ben had given you this past week. It seemed cheesy, but he's a cheesy romance type of man, even though he won't admit it.

It was just getting to be seven o'clock when you could hear your front door open. Quickly, you grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked out to the hall, where you could see him grumpily trying to get his jacket and shoes off.

He gave you a quick glance, but nothing that said he was happy to see you at the moment. Sighing, you went up to him and surprised him with a kiss. He stopped struggling with his jacket and let out a soft, approving hum. As you continued to kiss, you put the cold beer in his hand, then started moving his jacket off his shoulders.

Much to his disappointment, you broke the kiss, but got his jacket off and hung it up. He was wearing his white, crisp shirt underneath with the top two buttons undone. To make him more comfortable, you popped open another four, revealing some of his broad chest. He sighed contently and took a swig of his drink. He was about to say something, but you put your finger on his lips, then took his hand and led him into the living room.

You made him sit in his favorite chair, then turned the T.V. on to the Rugby game. He eased back into the chair and smiled (smiled!). "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. I made your favorite." He looked up at you with a look that made you melt to the floor. It was the look that told you he absolutely adores you.

"Thank you," he said. You gave him a warm smile and started to walk away, but before you could get in two steps, you were pulled back by your hand and ended up in Ben's lap with a squeal. He nudged his nose against yours and said, "Apologies. I meant to say; thank you and I love you so much, sweetheart. I know what you're doing."

You blushed and bit the side of your lip. "I just want you to come home happy, Ben. That's all. I thought this might help." He gave you sounding kiss, then said, "My darling girl, you make me so happy already. I don't need you to cook me dinner, nor give me a beer and sports...you are all I need. I'm sorry if I've given the impression that you don't do everything for me by just being here. I love that you put up with me. You're the only one that will."

You both laughed and he lovingly nuzzled his nose against your cheek. "I love you so much, [Y/N]." You smiled. "I love you so much, too, Ben." He started peppering kisses on your cheek, jawline, and neck, while asking, "Enough to listen to me go on about the twats on set today?"

You smiled and ran your fingers through his hair. "Yes," you told him, "I love you enough to listen to that." He gazed adoringly into your eyes and gave you a loving smooch before going on his two hour rant.