Will You Love Me?~Part 7

"...What?" Ben asked with his eyes glued to your stomach. A baby? A child? Pregnant? Now? He didn't know what to say, didn't know what to do. This was all coming so quick. One moment, he was going to shag you until you were both spent from exhaustion; the next, he was attempting to comfort you; and now...your pregnant. With his child. 

"I...I don't understand," he said in a faint whisper. "You...you're on the pill...we used condoms, I...fuck." He abruptly stood up and started pacing the room. You still had your eyes closed, but you could hear the nervousness in his walk.

When you heard him stop pacing, you slowly opened your eyes to see his back turned to you, his shoulders tense, and his hands in his hair. He was looking down at the ground, this time with his eyes closed, and asked, "Are you going to keep it?"

You nodded, but then realized he couldn't see you. "Yes," you croaked out. His shoulders immediately relaxed and he let out a huge breath. He was all for a woman doing whatever she pleases with her body, but this was his child, his son or daughter. He would have done everything in his power to convince you to keep him or her. He was glad he didn't have to fight you in that matter.

He turned back to you, his eyes flowing with tears just like yours were at the moment. You were so scared and he could see that. As you sat it an upright position on the couch, he got down on his knees next to you and took your hands. 

"What are you afraid of?" He asked. You sniffled a bit and choked back some tears, before saying, "Us. This baby. I mean, do you want it?" Ben looked at you in disbelief and said, "Baby, of course I want our child. And I will always want you, as well. I've waited for so long for the two of you to come into my life and now..." he placed his hand on your stomach, "...here you are. Both of you."

You were too bust trying to hold back tears to speak, so he continued, "I will never leave you, if that's what you're fearing. Let me know when your appointments are and I'll put anything I have on hold. I will be here for you every step of the way because I love you and I love our child." 

That's it. You flung your arms around him and hugged him as tight as you could. He chuckled and brought himself up next to you while hugging you back. 

His words stuck to you like flies on honey. He's staying. He still loves you. He wants this baby and wants it with you. The tears of fear were now replaced with tears of joy, as you hugged the man who has loved you unconditionally for the past few years. 

Ben pulled back a moment later and kissed you. It was a tender kiss filled with love and desire for you. He kissed you back on to the couch, until he was looming over you. He broke the kiss and moved his body lower. When he got to your stomach, he stopped and and looked up at you.

"What are your views on marriage before the child is born?" You furrowed your eyebrows and shrugged. "I don't know. Doesn't matter to me. I just think as long as the baby is healthy, then that's all that matters. Why?"

He placed a kiss on your stomach, before asking, "Will you marry me?" You looked at him like he was crazy and he looked as if he immediately regretted this decision.

"No," you told him. He looked a tad hurt, like someone had come over and slapped him in the face. Bit of a blow to the ego, he thought to himself. You explained, "I don't want you to marry me because you feel you have to, but because you want to." 

He quickly crawled up to face you and said, "I do want to, I do! God, I've wanted to marry you for years. Kids were on the agenda too, of course, but I was thinking more of after the wedding." His eyes blew wide as he realized what he had just spilled out to you. Way to go, Benedict. Now you're going to scare her off and you'll have to see your child on the weekends!