Daddybatch Part 1

Imagine telling Benedict you're going to have his child...but it doesn't exactly go as planned

This is the first part to a continuing Daddybatch story

*****************

You were scared. Really scared. Were you ready to be a mom? You didn't know. Was Benedict ready to be a dad? Of course he was, he raved about having children, but you weren't sure if you were ready!! Looking at the countdown on your phone, you knew it was a countdown to a completely different life. You've only been married a few months, and you couldn't be happier, but you were hoping for a little bit more time for bars and dancing and being free. With a kid...that would be difficult.

Your phone beeped, making you jump. With shaky hands, you lifted the pregnancy test, purposfully covering the results with your fist, as you just seriously were not ready yet. After a few very deep breaths, you uncovered your hand and saw the two pink lines. It was then that you thought, I'm pregnant...I'm going to be a mom. You then started crying, but not with anger or sadness, but joy. You were pregnant! But how were you going to tell him?

***

"Sweetheart, I'm home!" Benedict's deep voice rang throughout the house. He was always in a good mood when he came home because he knew he was coming home to you. He loved you so much that it physically hurt him to be away from you while he filmed, especially when he was out of the country. That was the worst.

Ben walked into the kitchen to see you swaying your hips to some music you had on, while mixing something in a pot. He could only assume it was dinner, but you never cooked unless it was a special occassion. Either way, he didn't care because he was too distracted by your hips. He bit his bottom lip and quietly snuck up behind you. He always enjoyed seeing you vulnerable like this because it made for a good scare.

He didn't do much, but he poked your sides, making you squeal and drop the spoon you were stirring the soup with. "Dammit, Benedict!" Ben just laughed and picked up the spoon, handing it back to you. You whacked his chest with it, then went back to stirring. He wrapped his arms around your waist, still chuckling, and said, "I'm sorry, baby, I just couldn't resist." You ignored him and continued to stir. You weren't actually angry, it was just fun messing with him. "Oh, come now," he pouted, giving you that irresistable puppy dog look. You shouldn't have, but you glanced over at him and saw it. "Shit," you muttered. He chuckled and kissed your cheek, knowing you couldn't resist him. "I am going to go take a shower," he announced. "I need to rinse off the high functioning sociopathic ways I've been exposed to today." 

"Alright," you yold him. "But hurry up, dinner's almost ready." He was in the hallway when he peered around the corner at you and winked. Your knees when weak and he noticed right away. You could hear his laughs make their way down the hall and into the bedroom.

***

You sighed contently as you finished setting up the table and set the food in place. You had made simple chicken with your famous soup. It wasn't much, but it was all you really knew how to make, besides pasta. The chicken and soup looked nice with the candles and flowers placed at the center of the table. It was so nice and you knew Ben would freak out because he was going to think he forgot your anniversary or birthday. That was going to be fun! 

Just as you were about to call that dinner was ready, you could hear his footsteps coming down the hall and stop in the doorway of the dining room. You smiled and spun around to see him look...angry? What? "Ben? Are you okay?" He shrugged and asked a bit harshly back, "I don't know. Are you?" You hadn't the slightest clue what going on, until he opened up his closed fist to the pregnancy test. Your eyes widened and your heart beat quickly. Shit, you thought. I thought I'd buried that deep in the trash can! 

Ben was impaciently looking at you. You opened your mouth and stuttered, "I-I'm pregnant...?" You hadn't meant to make it sound like a question, but it just sort of came out that way. Ben wasn't amused. You weren't sure why he was so angry. Did he not want kids now? Was this a bad time? I mean, in your defense, he technically did this to you. And boy were you sure to remind him of it nine months from now.

"When were you planning on telling me?" 

You scrunched your eyebrows and looked around at the dinner you made and the setting you had set. With a little too much sarcasm in your voice, you told him, "Gee, I don't know, Ben. When was I planning on telling you?" Sarcasm was a nasty habit of yours.

Ben's eyes darted around the room and you  visably saw his body untense and his face soften. He let out a huge breath and said, "Oh...honey, I'm so sorry. I didn't...I was just so...God, I really fucked up, didn't I?" 

You sighed and walked over to him. Running your fingers through his stupidly soft hair, you told him, "No. It's fine. Granted, this isn't going as planned, but no. You didn't." 

His shoulders sagged and rested his forehead against yours. "I'm sorry," he whispered. After a moment, he said, "Why don't you tell me how you were planning to? Start over?" You giggled and nodded. He smiled and gave you a gentle kiss. You took the pregnancy test from his hand and set it down on the table. Getting into charachter now, he looked around, put on a surprised expression and said, "Oh! Honey, you made dinner! What's the occassion? Oh, God, I didn't forget our anniversary did I?!" You could help but laugh. His acting was just so damn good!

"No, Ben," you told him, getting into character yourself. "But I do have some news I need to share. Will you sit?" Ben obyed and sat down at one end of the table, while you sat at the other. 

"This looks delicious, darling! But I think I'm a bit underdressed, don't you think?" 

You looked at him in his plain white t-shirt and grey pajama bottoms. His hair was still damp from the shower, but he didn't look underdressed. He looked perfect. You simply shook your head as your answer, but making him blush as he knew you were checking him out. As you both dished up your food, he asked, "So, sweetheart, what is this news you have?" You put down your fork and took his hand from across the table. He squeezed it tightly, his anticipation rising, even though he knew what you were going to say. He couldn't believe he was finally going to be a dad. He wasn't actually mad before, but completely overwhelmed. The fact that you hadn't told him yet and he didn't know how long you'd known made him think you were having second thoughts, but he's never loved anyone more in the world than you at this very moment. He wanted to shout it from the roof tops! 

Taking a deep breath, you said, "Ben--." "Fuck, I love you!" Well, that was one way to shout it. You furrowed your eyebrows at him from his sudden outburst. He cleared his throat and said calmly, "My apologies. Go on." Chuckling, you said, "Ben...I'm pregnant." 

He let out a huge breath and stood up, making his way over to you. You didn't have time to react before he pulled you up from your chair and kissed you breathless. When you pulled back, you saw tears in his eyes and you knew now that he wasn't in character anymore. He was Ben, your husband who just found out he was going to be dad. He put his hand on your stomach and gave you a gentle kiss. "I do love you, you know," he murmmured against your lips. He kissed you once more before getting on his knees and kissing your stomach. "And I love you, too, little one. I always will, I promise." Now you had tears in your eyes. 

"Ben," you chuckled through tears. "It can't hear you yet." He smiled up at you and kissed your stomach again. "Yes they can," he told you. "I know she can."