Stalker ~ Part 3

This was ridiculous. You shouldn't feel this way when walking to work, or even at home. You were scared, very scared and it was taking a toll on your mental state. Everywhere you looked, you saw that face peering at you through your window. That dark, cold look piercing into you. 

Just the thought made you walk quicker to work. Once you got there, you locked yourself in your office and tried to bury yourself in work. Unfortunately, you couldn't concentrate. Actually, you just ended up staring out your window for hours. 

It wasn't until there was a knock on your door that you turned away from your London view. When you turned to face your door, your handsome fiancé walked in with a small smile on his face. "Hey, you," he said, as he shut the door behind him. "You alright? You look a little...lost."

You sighed and walked over to the very convenient couch by your desk and sat down. Ben sat down next to you and took your hands in his. "I'm scared," you told him. "I don't want to be scared, but I am and...everywhere I look, I think he's following me. I think he could be standing right behind me and I wouldn't even notice. I feel so pathetic."

He gathered you into his arms and said, "No, no you are not pathetic. Baby, I understand that you're scared and you have every right to be. What this man is doing is absolutely horrifying and I fear for you everyday. That's why I call you every hour and show up at your office like this. I promise, as long as I'm here, he won't get near you. You're going to be my wife and I'll be damned if he gets near our family."

He pressed a firm kiss to your lips, then said, "Let me take you to lunch. We have to meet our wedding planner in a couple of hours anyways." You packed up your things and said goodbye to your co-workers before being led out by Ben. 

He took you to your favorite restaurant and ordered your favorite wine with your favorite appetizer. He was just trying to make you feel better and make you feel safe. Never did he want you to feel unsafe when he's around. He loves you way too much. 

After finishing up your fantastic meal and forgetting all about your worries and fears, you happily walked hand-in-hand with him down the busy London streets. When you reached the building you were to meet your wedding planner at, he opened the door and let you go in first. 

"Hello, there!" A peppy woman greeted. "You must be future Mr. and Mrs. Cumberbatch!" You and Ben shook her hand, as he said, "That we are. It's a pleasure to meet you." She led you around the room that was filled with plate settings, center pieces, color samples, everything you could really care less about. 

To start off, you looked at invitations. Ben liked the white card with the silver cursive font, so you went with that. When asked how many copies you would need, you didn't know how to answer. "Let's go with two hundred," Ben told her. 

You gave him a double take. "Two hundred?" You asked. "There's going to be two hundred people there?" He shrugged and told you, "Probably. There'll be more at the reception." This was the first you were hearing about this!

Nevertheless, the wedding planner put in two hundred orders. 

As she left you two alone to look over some plate settings, Ben wrapped his arms around you from behind and asked in your ear, "Do you not want two hundred people to attend our wedding?"

You craned your neck a bit to look at him. "I was just kind of hoping it would be a small event. Not anything too extravagant." He placed a kiss on your neck. "This is your day," he told you. "Whatever you want, you tell me and I'll pay for it."

You laughed and pulled him down for a kiss. "I love you," you told him. He smiled against your lips and said, "I love you, too." He gave you a smooch, then went back to looking at the plates, though neither of you totally knew what exactly you were looking at.