Crash This Train

Tragedy and sad feels...

***********************************************************************************************************************

So God if you can hear me...crash this train

I said God if you can hear me...crash this train.

What was he doing here? Why did he agree to this? He wasn't ready, he needed to get out of here!

"Benedict, you're on in thirty seconds," his PR told him. His breathing became a bit laboured, as he told her, "No...no, I can't. I'm not ready, please don't make me do this!" She sighed and told him, "Ben, this would be third time in a row. They can sue you for this, you know."

"Then let them! I'm not ready, I can't--!" Suddenly, he heard Graham Norton announce, "Give a warm welcome to Benedict Cumberbatch!" Ben looked to his PR with pleading eyes. Again, she sighed. "Go, Ben. It'll all be fine, I promise."

With as much strength as he could muster, he carried his heavy feet out into the world he hasn't been apart of in months. The crowd was cheering loudly and it was almost too much for him. The cameras, the familiar faces of his friends from the Stark Trek movie; Chris, Zoe, and Zach. It was all too much.

Nevertheless, he put on the best fake smile he could and shook Graham's hand, as well as his fellow actors. They all sat down, but the crowd didn't settle down. Graham had to tell them to be quiet because they were running out of time.

Once they finally got settled, Graham turned to Ben and said, "First off, Benedict...I know I speak for everyone here, but we are so sorry for your loss and we're glad you were able to join our show this evening." Ben gave him a quaint nod and said with an unusually soft voice, "Thank you, yeah."

"Now, I understand that [Y/N] was hit by a drunk driver, yes?" Ben flinched at the memory. You in the hospital bed, tubes and wires sticking out every which way, a machine helping you breath. God, he needed a drink.

Graham obviously saw his body language and changed the subject by asking, "Will you be in any new projects soon? I hear the script for Dr. Strange is almost finished!" Ben simply shook his head and told him, "I wouldn't know. I dropped out."

The crowd gasped. He knew if you found out he had dropped the roll, you'd smack him. You were so excited when he came home and told you. You jumped him right there and ended up making love right by the front door, and then in the kitchen, and then in the bed. He fondly remembers how you ended up putting on the famous Dr. Strange beard on his face with your eyeliner. He doesn't know why he let you, but you just kept laughing and smiling and had that special glint in your eye that he knew meant you were happy.

A tear suddenly rolled down his cheek, but he quickly wiped it away. Unfortunately, that didn't go unnoticed. "Oh, Benedict," Graham cooned. "I promise, I'm trying to make these questions simple..."

"No, no," Ben assured him, "it's just..." he let out a hearty laugh and continued, "[Y/N] was so excited for me to get that role. I'm just imagining what she would say to me." Graham gave him a warm smile. "I'm sure she'd give you a good whipping!"

Ben nodded in agreement. "I don't doubt that. She always put me in my place. She helped me stop smoking, made me more punctual...she was my everything." He looked down at his hands as his fingers twidled together.

Graham gave him a bit of a break and started focusing his questions on the others. Ben, in the meantime, was trying not to break down. You kept flooding his mind. Your hair, skin, taste, smell; you were taking over every sense he had.