The Rebel

Your daughter has been moody lately and you and Ben are determined to find out why, even though is causes - a lot - of drama...

This one's a bit lengthy, but I figured I owed it to you. Enjoy!

WARNING: So much drama

************************************************************************

You've noticed something has been wrong with your daughter lately. You understand that she's a teenager, she needs her space and time, but this has been going on for weeks now. She's been ignoring you and Ben whenever she's asked to do something, even if it's something as simple as doing the dishes.

Lately, you and her have been getting into some pretty nasty fights. They usually start with you kindly asking her to do something and ending with her storming up to her room and slamming her door. You would be a mess and Ben would have to be the one to try and reconcile you two.

Of course, Maddie was a daddy's girl, so she would always try and get him to side with her on different matters. This never worked. Ben loved his daughter, she was his only child and he would give her the moon and stars if he could...but he knew when to cross the line. He had always lived up to being the cool dad, but he knows when it's time to crack down.

Today was one of those days.

You were just getting home from work when your ever dotting husband was just finishing up making dinner. He's had a lot of downtime between roles, which has been amazing lately. You used to be the one to come home, having to make dinner for your family. It's about time the man starts doing it!

"Hey, sweetheart," he called from the kitchen after he heard the door shut. You huffed and walked into the kitchen. "Hey," he said again with a smile when he saw you. You smiled back and said, "Hey. What are you making?" He sighed and told you, "Well, I was going to make chicken, but our daughter didn't want that. So I tried making fish, that was a no. When I suggested spaghetti, I got an answer with her storming off and the slam of the door. So, spaghetti it is."

You grunted and pinched the bridge of your nose. "I'm not going to deal with that tonight," you promised. "I had too long of a day at work and I don't need her adding to that." Ben wiped his hands on the tea towel and pulled you into his arms. "I'll handle her," he told you. "I don't know what the hell is going on in her head lately, but I'm getting tired of it. I'm determined to find out by the end of the week."

You smiled and hugged his strong body closer to you. "Good luck with that. I will be in the bedroom, locking myself away from that conversation." He chuckled and kissed your head. "Go relax," he told you. "I'll set up dinner in a minute."

You nodded and gave him a tender kiss before heading upstairs. As you were about to pass Maddie's room, you thought about what kind of mother you would be if you didn't at least say hi to your own daughter. You knocked lightly on her door and got a "yeah?".

You opened the door and gave her a warm smile. "Hey. How was your day?" You asked. Maddie was at her desk with one headphone in her ear and doing her homework. Despite her mood swings, she's a very bright student.

"Fine, I guess," she muttered. You closed your eyes and threw your head back in annoyance. This was a typical day with your daughter. "Right," you sighed, "well, your dad says dinner's almost ready." You didn't get an answer this time. "Everything okay?" You asked, hoping to get something out of her. Even though you told Ben you wanted nothing to do with her tonight, she is your daughter and you are actually very worried.

You stepped into her room and sat on her bed, near where she was at her desk. "You know you can talk to me, right?" You softly asked. "I'm here, your dad's here. We're just worried about your recent change of attitude. Are you doing okay in school, is it stressing you out?"