Cravings

Ever since getting pregnant, you've had some crazy cravings. Luckily, Ben is there to help you out...

***********************************************************************************************************************

You lay comfortably on the couch with your feet up on your husband's lap, while watching your favorite TV show. Ben wasn't watching with you, but was reading with one hand and rubbing your swollen feet with the other. Ever since getting pregnant, he has catered to your every whim without question, even when it comes to food cravings.

"Ben?" You asked, without taking your eyes from the TV. Ben, though, took his eyes right off the book and looked at you. "Yes, honey?" He smoothed his hand up and down her your leg as he waited for you to tell him what you needed. You looked over at him, ran your hand over your six month along belly and sweetly told him, "Your child wants olives and ice cream." His reaction was mutual, as that's not the craziest thing you've craved. 

He lifted your foot to his lips and kissed it. "Of course, darling." He gently moved your feet off his lap and stood up. As he was walking out, you suddenly got another craving. "Um, Ben?" You called. He was back in the room in a flash with a raised eyebrow. You gave him a nervous smile and asked, "Can you add vinegar, lemon, and maybe a few pickles?" Ben opened his mouth, and then closed it with furrowed eyebrows. Now this was probably the craziest request, so far. After a moment, he asked, "Do, um...do you want them in the same bowl?" You loved how he asked those types of questions and not, "why?" or "won't that be gross?". 

You nodded and he went into the kitchen to prepare your...meal. And it took a few minutes, but he walked back in with a big bowl of ice cream mixed in with olives, vinegar, lemon, and three pickles. "Here you are, my dear. I hope it suits our child's liking." You took the bowl from him and immediately dug in. Ben lifted your feet to sit back down, but before he could, you asked, "Do we have jalepenos?" He paused halfway to sitting down and thought for a moment. "I believe so. Is that what my baby is craving, too?" You sheepishly nodded. He set your feet back down and went back into the kitchen.

You were almost done with your snack when Ben came back in with a bowl of jalepenos he took the liberty of cutting up. "In with the ice cream?" He asked. "Yes, please," you smiled. He chuckled and poured them in with the ice cream. He set the empty jalepeno bowl on the table and sat down with your feet back up on his lap. He watched you curiously as you ate, wondering how on earth your stomach could take that and how your mouth wasn't on fire from all the jalepenos. 

You noticed him staring at you and suddenly got self-concious. "What?" You defensivly asked. Ben sensed your hostility and quickly assured, "Oh, sweetie, I'm not judging you! I'm just wondering how you can stomach all that without throwing up." You thought a moment and said, "I don't know. Beats the hell out of me." Ben chuckled and continued to watch. 

A few minutes later, he stood up and made you scoot forward on the couch. He lay down behind you and brought you back against his chest, in between his legs. You weren't totally paying attention, as you were still eating, but you were soon distracted by Ben's hands running along your stomach and his voice in your ear, asking, "Does baby approve of daddy's meal?" You nodded your head and told him, "Yes, thank you, babe." He kissed the back of your head and said, "I'd do anything for you two. Now, let daddy have a taste of this masterpiece." He took the spoon and bowl from your hands and tasted it for himself. 

You watched as he forcefully swallowed it with a sour face and exclaimed, "My God, that's absolutely disgusting!" You laughed and took the bowl from him. "It's good," you defended. "And he or she in here is rather enjoying it." Ben shook his head and put his hands back on your stomach. "Whatever makes you both happy," he murmurred in your hair.