It's the Little Things Part 2

Imagine Ben and yours family will be coming over to your new house for brunch.

Sorry it's been so long, but the holidays and finals for school are coming up and it's been busy, busy, busy! I hope, for those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, had a good one!

******************************

About three weeks into the new place and you and Ben had finally unpacked all the boxes. If it were up to you both, you would have just kept the boxes around for a while longer, but both of your families were coming over for brunch this morning, so you two were up all night to make sure things were unpacked and clean. Actually, things still weren't clean. You and Ben had kind of just let it go. 

You were just finishing up dusting when you felt a tug on your leg. You looked down to see Jess staring up at you with her big [Your E/C] eyes. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Mommy, where's Mr. Snuggles?"

Ah. Mr. Snuggles. You'd think it would be one of her many stuffed animals that Ben had gotten her over the past few years, but no. Mr. Snuggles was her imaginary friend. You and Ben just kind of go along with it, seeing she has trouble making friends at school. You looked up an article that said kids are more likely to make up friends if they have trouble making real ones, so you weren't worried...yet.

"I don't know, sweetie, I haven't seen him. Was he helping you clean your room?" She nodded. "Was he...helping Ben--er--daddy?" You were still getting used to that.

Jess' face lit up and she ran towards Ben's office, shouting, "Daddy! Daddy!" 

With a curious and worried look on his face, Ben came out of his office to see Jess running to him. He knelt down just in time for her to run into his arms. "What's wrong, princess?" 

"Have you seen Mr. Sunggles? Mommy said that he might be helping you."

Ben glanced up at you. You were trying to hide your laughter. Ben smirked and looked back at Jess. "You know, he was earlier. Why don't you go check?" 

Jess slipped out of his arms and went into his office. She looked around for only a few seconds before her eye caught something. "Daddy?" Ben followed her gaze and saw that she was staring at his bookshelf. It was filled. He actually had two bookshelves, but that one was only about half-way filled. "Why do you have so many stories?"

Ben knelt down beside her and answered, "Because I like to read."

"What's your favorite story?"

After thinking for a moment, he told her, "Catcher in the Rye."

"Oh," she said as if she understood him. "Can you read it to me?" She loved it when he read to her because of the funny voices he made.

"Maybe some day. Why don't we finish the Hobbit first?" She nodded, making him chuckle. He looked over to the love seat in the corner of the room and said excitedly, "Look! There's Mr. Snuggles!" Jess ran over to the love seat and climbed on it, finally reaching Mr. Snuggles.

"I missed you, Mr. Snuggles!" Ben watched as she "held" Mr. Snuggles, and then watched as she curled up into a little ball. It was only a few seconds later when she was passed out. Smiling, Ben took the blanket from the back of the love seat and gently put it over her. He kissed her head, and then continued to quietly finish cleaning his office.

***

"[Y/N]! How are you, darling?" Wanda asked as she walked through the door. She kissed both your cheeks and you answered, "I'm doing great, thanks! How are you?" You and Wanda continued making small talk, until Tim walked in.