Happy Birthday, Benedict

A short one in honor of Ben's 40th birthday!! (And some of this is based on an interview when he said he never got (something in particular, I won't tell you what because it'll ruin the story) of his own). Enjoy!

********************************************************************************************

You climbed the stairs quietly with one hand holding a tray of food and the other holding your two year old daughter Stephanie. It's been a long process, but you've managed to cook Ben's favorite breakfast and, of course, Stephanie helped you out. 

As quietly as you could, you walked into the bedroom and set the tray of food down at you shared computer desk. You looked over at Ben and saw him sleeping peacefully; his long curls that he had to grow for Sherlock were tousled around his head and his mouth was slightly open and letting out soft snores.

Still trying to remain quiet, you walked over to the bed and set Stephanie down right next to him. She always got so excited when she saw her daddy, so she was quick to crawl over to him and started touching his face. 

"Dada," she said, as she squeezed his cheeks. Ben groaned from the disturbance, but as soon as he opened his eyes and saw his daughter, a huge smile appeared on his face. "What are you doing, silly girl?" He asked in his hoarse morning voice. 

He lifted her up and set her down on his bare chest, letting her snuggled up to him. He kissed her head, then looked over to you. You brought over the tray of food and said, "Happy birthday, Benedict."  He smiled and sat up, still holding Stephanie close. 

"This is a lovely surprise from my two favorite girls," he said. "Thank you, love." He leaned over and placed a sounding kiss on your lips. "How does it feel to be married to an old man?" He asked you, as he set your daughter in the crook of his arm and lifted his coffee with the other. 

You shook your head with a smile. "We're four years apart, Ben," you reminded him with a laugh. He hummed when he drank his coffee, then set it down and looked at the food. "Wow, this looks wonderful, darling. It's all my favorite breakfast foods." 

He dug in and even shared some of it with you, but especially Stephanie. She was an avid pancake lover and threw a fit if she couldn't have any. "Ben, don't give her any," you told him. "She has her own plate downstairs."

But he didn't listen. He cut up a few pieces, dipped them in syrup, then fed them to his daughter. The biggest smile appeared on her face as she chewed them. "Oh, I love seeing my baby girl happy," he said, before placing a big kiss on her head. 

After he was finished, you took his empty food tray downstairs and he went ahead and changed Stephanie's diaper. Once he was finished, he came downstairs and saw several presents on the table. "What's all this?" He asked, as he sat down at the table in front of them. 

"Just a little something from me and Steph," you told him. He placed Steph on his lap and started grabbing some presents. He opened one up to find an Apple watch, and then another to find some new shirts and hats.

Once he was finished, he smiled at you and said, "Thank you so much, love. This is all too much, really." You waved him off, then said, "I still have one more for you. Wait here." You jogged out of the room, then came back in with another wrapped gift. 

He hastily took it from you like an excited child and unwrapped it. "Oh my God," he said. "You got me a lightsaber!" He laughed in pure joy as he looked over the cheap toy. "I finally have one of my own!" You giggled and rolled your eyes when you saw how happy he was when it lit up and made all the noises. 

"Actually, I got all of us our own," you told him. When you told him to follow you into the living room, he saw three more lightsabers sitting on the couch. Steph got very excited and grabbed hers. "Um...love, I think you might have grabbed an extra," Ben said, as he pointed to the third one. 

You hummed and tapped your chin with your lightsaber. "Did I?" You asked. "No, I don't think I did." He looked at you curiously. "But there's only three of us..." Suddenly his eyes lit brighter than the lightsabers.

"No you're not," he said. "You're...you're pregnant?" You bit your bottom lip and nodded. Before you knew it, you were lifted up into the biggest hug you have ever received. You squealed when he picked you up, but then wrapped your legs around him and held him close. 

You kept hearing him tell you how much he loved you, as he mumbled it into your chest. After a few moments, he set you down and brought you in for a passionate kiss. "This is the best birthday I could ever ask for," he told you. 

For the remainder of the day, you all had a Star Wars battle with your lightsabers and even had the movies playing in the background as you did. He would never fail to tell you how his 40th birthday is the best one he has ever had and ever will have.