"Too Bloody Blind"

This was a requested story, yay! Remember, just comment, message, or whatever if you have any ideas for "BC Imagines" and I will do my best to put it up as quickly as I can!

Ben is in love with his best friend and finally decides to tell her (you)...

***

He didn't mean for this to happen. He can't help who he falls in love with. He knew it would happen one day with some girl he spotted walking across the street or sitting in a coffee shop, but not with you. Not with his best friend. 

You and Ben have known each other for almost seven years now, but it's like you've known each other your whole lives. You both know everything about each other and never kept any secrets, never shied away from the dirty details of your dates the night before, and always counseled each other through hard times and break-ups.

Through all these times, it's no surprise that love would find its way into the mix. Ben didn't realize he's been in love with you until his latest break-up, which was about three months ago. Because of this realization, he hasn't gone out on any dates since then. 

But as he's standing outside your door with a bottle of wine and a box of pizza for your weekly movie night (should he be in town), he's thinking about how in the hell he's going to tell you. Tonight. It had to be tonight. He didn't know why, but it just felt right. 

A few moments after he knocked with his foot, you opened your door and said, "I'm sorry, only sexy, worldwide know British actors are allowed in this house." Ben chuckled and started bouncing on his feet. "Just let me in," he said, "it's fucking freezing!" 

You playfully rolled your eyes and stepped aside to let him in. It was starting to snow now that it's getting closer to Christmas, but that means it's getting stupidly cold. You liked it because it gave you an excuse to sleep with five blankets and use your fireplace. 

Ben stepped in to your house and let out a relived sigh from the warm that engulfed him. He then looked to you and said, "You are a cruel, cruel woman. You were going to let me freeze!" You playfully gasped and asked, "Would I ever?"

"We both know that if you had to choose between me and your warm home, then you would most definitely not bother with me," he teased as he walked into your kitchen and set down the pizza and wine in the counter. 

You got out a couple of glasses as you told him, "No, I would most definitely choose you, Batch. Wanna know why?" He quirked up his eyebrow at you as he got down some plates. You continued, "Because then I wouldn't have anyone to share this wine or pizza or horrible movies with. And without my warm house, I would have you to keep me warm." 

Ben quirked up a smile and let out a light chuckle. As you were pouring the wine, he came up behind you and reached his head around to peck a kiss on your cheek. "Bullshit," he murmured. You both broke out into laughter and continued to get your dinners ready. 

While you carried the wine, Ben carried the plates of pizza and followed you into the living room. "What's on the movie agenda tonight?" He asked as he plopped himself down on the couch. You hummed in thought and started looking through your hundreds of movies that resided on three of your shelves. 

Ben bit his bottom lip and suppressed a moan when you bent over to check the bottom rows. You were wearing sweatpants and he loved it when you wore sweatpants. 

A moment later, you came back up and turned around with a devious smile. It was when you held up Atonement that he groaned and threw his head back on the couch. "Oh, come on," you whined, "you chose last week and now it's my turn and I choose this one!"