Room 468~Part 2

You and Benedict have been study partners for a few weeks now. Every night you would switch back and forth between each other's houses and it was very easy to say that you two have become great friends. Ben has grown quite fond of you over these few weeks, not that he's never been fond of you. He's had a crush on you since he first laid his eyes on you almost four years ago. You've never talked, never even really made eye contact until that day in class and he's never been more grateful for a math class. 

"So...it equals nine?" Ben asked you unsurly. You giggled and answered, "Ten." He grunted and slammed his head down on the table. You started giggling harder, so he shot his head up and chuckled, "I'm glad you're finding my humiliation funny." He loved your laugh. 

"Why are you humiliated? I don't blame you, it's hard," you tried to sound convincing. He smiled and shook his head. God, she is so beautiful, he thought. "It's humiliating because I can't do simple math in front of a beautiful girl and she's laughing at me." You blushed and gave him a quizzical look. "Sorry?" You asked, a little perplexed. Did he just call you beautiful?

He suddenly looked like a deer caught in headlights. He didn't mean to say that! Before he could respond, your mom came into the kitchen, saying, "If course not! He thinks I am!" You chuckled a bit while Ben turned crimson red. You thought it was adorable when he got embarassed like this. He blushed quite a bit around, especially if you caught him staring at you. 

"Ben, will you be staying for dinner tonight?" Your mom asked. He looked to her and said, "Thank you for the offer, but I should probably be getting home." He then looked to you and asked, "Same time tomorrow? My place?" You have him a small smile and nodded. You really didn't want him to go, especially after what he had just called you! You wanted an explanation, for him to say it again, to kiss you, hold you, love you--.

"I should get going then," he annoucned. He picked up all his books and put them in his bag. You stood up and walked him to the front door where you both stood awkardly, staring at the floor. After what Ben had just told you, you didn't know how to react! He thinks you're beautiful and of course you have a crush on him. Why wouldn't you? Look at him!

He pulled you out of your thoughts by saying, "Um...I'll see you tomorrow." He was still trying to avoid eye contact with you. "Ben," you softly said. He hesitantly looked at you to see you smiling warmly at him. He smiled back and told you, "See you in class." After he left you with stirring thoughts and a fluttering heart, you went back into the kitchen with your mother. 

When you walked in, she immediately said to you, "He's cute. And have you been seeing the way he looks at you? Boy, that was the way your father looked at me when we first met. That's how we ended up with you 9 months after prom--."

"Mom!"

***

The next day, you were late to class because your History teacher decided to keep you late. You literally had to sprint all the way across campus to get to stupid room 468. Mr. Craig let you off on a warning, thank goodness, and you took your seat in front of Ben. You could hear him stiffle some giggles, which caused you to whisper sharply, "Shut up!" 

"Alright class," Mr. Craig started, "I'm going to put up some problems on the board and I'm going to randomly choose ten of you to come up and solve them. So get out your notes and study until I get them up." You and Ben whipped out your notes and started looking at them. Everyone else...well, you know. 

Ben glanced up at the board and huffed. "With my luck, he'll call me up to do number seven." You looked at the board to see number seven was Ben's arch nemisis: fractions. You turned to him and said, "You won't, don't worry. And if you do, just remember what we studied all last night." 

Mr. Craig started calling up names to come up to the board. When he got to number seven, he called, "Um...Cumberbatch!" Ben swore under his breath and gripped at his notes. You've never seen him so nervous! He was shaking and sweating. 

He slowly started to get up and make his way to the board. In the meantime, you were being quick to solve the problem. You got it done before he got to the board, but now you just needed a way to get it to him if he couldn't figure it out. And you knew he wouldn't because he stared at the problem, completely dumbfounded. 

Mr. Craig was busy checking how number one and two were coming along, so you had some time to get the answer up to Ben. The class was being rowdy and active as usual, so making noise wasn't any concern. 

You crumpled up the paper and balled it into your fist before casually getting up and making your way to the trash can. When you got right next to Ben, you pretended to catch your foot on the desk and gasped. Ben was quick to turn around and catch you before you could "fall". No one noticed this small scene and you were glad because Ben had you pressed tightly to his chest with his eyes boring into yours. 

They were so beautiful. They were like a whole other galaxy, which made sense because you got completely lost in them. He gave you that warm Benedict smile and glanced down at your lips before looking into your eyes again. His head started moving progressivly slower towards yours and once he was just inches from you with your noses touching, you slipped the ball of paper into his pocket. 

He glanced down in time to see you take your hand out. He eyed you curiously, but you just slipped out of his arms and tried to make your way back to your seat without swooning over. How were you so cool right now?

As Ben watched you go, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the paper. He un-balled it to see the equation all written out for him. He smiled widely and quickly copied it on to the board before taking his seat again. He watched you as you stared down at your desk at nothing. He then took a piece of paper out and scribbled something on it. 

Mr. Craig praised Ben's work, as everyone else's was completely wrong. Once he trailed on to a new subject of the day, you saw something slide on to your desk from the corner of your eye. You picked up the paper and silently opened it. Your breath caught in your throat and a wide smile appeared on your face as you read;

"I never realized how gorgeous your eyes were. Thank you for helping me, beautiful. 

-Your Ben"