The Cumbersickness

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been updating, as I have been on vacation and haven't had any internet service...until now! So please enjoy this next imagine!

Ben and your daughter both come down with a nasty cold...

***********************************************************************************************************************

All you could hear was constant coughing from your three year old daughter, Lily. She's been sick for about two days now and it seems to be getting worse and worse. You've taken her to the doctors, you've given her all the medications needed, but nothing seemed to work.

While Ben was gone filming Sherlock all day, you were stuck caring for her on your own. When Ben is home, he sets all his attention on her and somehow gets her to fall asleep and take her medicine in a matter of seconds, unlike you who would be lucky to get her to take it in a matter of hours.

As you hear the front door open, you sigh in relief because you know your husband will come to the rescue! You jog out into the hall to greet him...but that's when you see it. His baggy eyes, red nose, messy hair, and the cough. Oh that damn cough!

"Hey, sweetheart," he says with a stuffy nose. You sigh and point to the stairs. "Get up there, get in your PJs, get into bed, and I'll bring you some soup." He furrowed his eyebrows at you and asked, "Why? I'm fine, darling. Really."

"Fine? Ben, have you seen yourself? You look like you could be a zombie in the Walking Dead! Get upstairs now!" He pouted at you, but dragged his feet up the stairs at your command. You were annoyed that you had two sick babies to take care of now. One was enough, but Benedict was absolutely the worst patient.

Like father like daughter.

You got Ben's soup ready and walked upstairs. He must have paid Lily a visit because she was asleep at the moment. One down, one to go.

When you got into the bedroom, Ben was was moaning and writhing over the sheets; clutching his head and coughing up a storm. It broke your heart to see him like this.

"Ben," you said softly. He glanced over at you with complete and utter misery. "Here, eat this," you set the soup on the night stand. You helped him sit up against the headboard and put the soup in his lap. "Eat this and get some rest."

He whined and mumbled something inaudible, to which you rolled your eyes and said, "Stop being more of a child than the one we actually have." He rolled his eyes and slowly ate the soup.

After he was finished, he refused to go to sleep. He said he wasn't tired and that he felt fine, so you have him some NyQuill and told him it was for his throat.

He was out like a light.

The next morning, you woke up on the couch from Lily and Ben both coughing up a storm. You went up and got Lily, bringing her downstairs and putting her in piles of blankets and pillows. "Mommy it hurts," she croaked out. You kissed her head and told her, "I know sweetie, I'm sorry. How about some soup?" She shook her head. "Toast?" She shook her head. "Cereal?" She shook her head. "How about we go see what daddy wants and we'll have that?" She nodded.

You went upstairs to see what Ben wanted to eat, but you got the same reaction from him with all the head shakes. So, you decided to take control and make them both Mac n' Cheese with Gatorade. As you were making it, you could hear Ben coming down the stairs.

You peeked out into the living room and saw him wrapped up in blankets and a sheet. He went over to the couch and picked up Lily, who clung on to him like white on rice. He started humming a song to her and swaying her around. He kissed her head a few times before walking back upstairs.

After the food was ready, you took both plates up and into your room. You smiled when you saw Lily curled up to Ben's bare chest as they watched TV together. You set the tray down on the bed and Ben grabbed both plates, giving one to Lily.

"Come watch this with us, love," he stuffily told you. You shook your head and chuckled, "No way. I don't feel like getting sick." He grabbed your hand and tugged you down on the bed. "You won't get sick," he promised. "Please?" You sighed and curled up to his side. Lily had barely taken a bite of her food before she was passed out and the sounds of her little snores had made you and Ben just as sleepy. It wasn't five minutes later when you fell asleep.

The next morning, you woke up feeling gross. You felt sweaty and hot and your throat hurt, your head was throbbing. You opened your eyes to see Ben bouncing into the room, looking happy as a ray of sunshine.

"Morning, dear!" He bent down and placed a kiss on your forehead, before looking at you worried. "Sweetheart, your burning up." He place his palm over your head and sighed. "You've got a fever." He tucked the sheets around you and said, "Stay here, I'll be back with some soup and medicine." He gave your head one last peck on the head before going downstairs.

You smiled and, even though you felt completely miserable, it felt nice to have someone actually care for you like this for once.